Your P.B Lap Times.

• Thread starter GT4 genius
  • 273 comments
Also Biggles I still cant post your time in post 195 because of the two decimal places rather than three.

Does anybody really care? :indiff:

Many thanks to Shaggy for exploding my wheel theory! :grumpy:

All that's left is tuning...

& hundreds of hours more practice! :ill:

Seriously, the dedication of some F1CE racers posting here is impressive, but personally, I'm happy enough to reach the point where I am competitive with the AI. This allows me to have good offline races, which is my preferred mode for F1CE.

Well eh yes.
If your missing the tenth of seconds figure then there will be problems when or if others post 1.12 times for Montreal. Seeing as though you dont really care, I'll just ignore it.

Many thanks to Shaggy for exploding my wheel theory! :grumpy:

All that's left is tuning...

& hundreds of hours more practice! :ill:

Seriously, the dedication of some F1CE racers posting here is impressive, but personally, I'm happy enough to reach the point where I am competitive with the AI. This allows me to have good offline races, which is my preferred mode for F1CE.

Well the manual gears are definitely quicker and maybe this is what the improvement really is as opposed to it being the wheel, but I'm definitely faster than I ever could be with the controller at the first chicane in Monza. I can turn in and out so much quicker and coupled with the manual gears I can control it better and take it in 3rd gear and just launch out of it into the Curva Grande. The fact that my initial turn in phase is so much sharper with the wheel makes me think that it is quicker than using the controller in general, but if you ask fishfash he says the controller is quicker, and he's the master.

It's good to see drivers are giving the wheel the acolades it deserves.

........, but if you ask fishfash he says the controller is quicker, and he's the master.

There "is" always an exception to the rule. :lol:

Couple of new times.

Montreal 19.920/22.393/26.361 1:08.674 Tom-D, Ferrari.

Haha i also really want my fastest Melbourne time back so with a change to the Ferrari and a new setup I've managed...

Melbourne 27.855/22.792/31.191 1:21.838 Tom-D, Ferrari.

Looking at Alirezas time there is obviously some time still out there and those first two sectors are about halve a second off my fastest. Really happy with that last sector though, i doubt ill be finding much more time there.
Will keep trying at this one and hopefully get below that .599 soon.

Montreal: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/Tom-D/DSC00051.jpg
Melbourne: http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m318/Tom-D/DSC00056.jpg

Last edited:
Driving with a wheel in F1CE is great, but I do wish that there was a little more weight to the cornering, as in Ferrari Challenge FFB. It would make the experience a bit more physical, which it surely must be IRL.

Hmm in regards to the Melbourne time i'm starting to think i won't be able to get under that 1:21.599. While i can get into the high 1:21's a lot of the time i can't get under 1:21.800 and am starting to think my setup really wont allow me to go any faster. While it still seems to be a great setup there are still a few things i leave default as i have no idea about them or how they will affect the car. They are everything under the advanced suspension heading in handling settings (e.g anti-roll, damping, ride height), the psi of the tyres, the traction control and the brake bias. Can anyone give some advice on some possible changes to any of these settings that may improve my lap times by a few hundredths???

cheers.

Last edited:
Hmm in regards to the Melbourne time i'm starting to think i won't be able to get under that 1:21.599. While i can get into the high 1:21's a lot of the time i can't get under 1:21.800 and am starting to think my setup really wont allow me to go any faster. While it still seems to be a great setup there are still a few things i leave default as i have no idea about them or how they will affect the car. They are everything under the advanced suspension heading in handling settings (e.g anti-roll, damping, ride height), the psi of the tyres, the traction control and the brake bias. Can anyone give some advice on some possible changes to any of these settings that may improve my lap times by a few hundredths???

cheers.

Crank up the PSI to full for both front and rear tires, you should notice a difference, especially for Melbourne.

A few new lap times:

Bahrain

1:29.075, 24.667/39.541/24.867
(Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

Nurburgring

1:24.809, 28.170/35.839/20.800
(Shaggy Alonso, Renault)

Hockenheim

1:12.774, 16.102/32.287/24.385
(Shaggy Alonso, Renault)

All done for the first time with manual gears and G25 wheel in TT mode.

EDIT, how I wish I could use the F2006 in the GTP World Championship :indiff:

Istanbul

1:23.680, 28.635/30.461/24.584
(Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

Montreal

1:07.860, 19.687/22.144/26.029
(Shaggy Alonso, Renault)

Montreal is particularly brilliant with the wheel - it makes you feel like a proper racing driver. I was doing tons of tiny little corrections flying over the kerbs of turns 3 and 4 and also 9 and 10 👍

Last edited:
(e.g anti-roll, damping, ride height), the psi of the tyres, the traction control and the brake bias. Can anyone give some advice on some possible changes to any of these settings that may improve my lap times by a few hundredths???

cheers.
Anti-roll
How much the car leans in corners. Low anti-roll means more leaning and better cornering grip, high anti-roll means both wheels on the ground and better traction/acceleration.
Dampening
How fast the wheel bounces and rebounces (rebound dampening). Dampening must not be confused with suspension. Low dampening means better cornering grip. High dampening means better stability of the car when hitting curbs.
Ride height
Low height means more suction and higher speed. High ride height prevents car scraping onto track from bumps, curbs and elevations which can cause instability.
Traction control
High traction control means less wheelspin which means good acceleration and stability. Low traction control means even better acceleration so long one does not spin the wheels too much :)
Spinning the wheels will cause more wear too but that doesn't matter for time trials.
Brake bias
With a heavily fueled car, more load will transfer forward during braking and higher front wheel brake pressure is recommended. Too much frontbrakes can unbalance the rear though and cause the rear-end to spin when braking into a corner (Silverstone turn 7 after the backstraight is one reference turn). This can sometimes be solved by applying more rear brake pressure. Brake pressure is a carbalance issue for sure.

For tire pressure have a look at the special thread for that.

Hope this helps somewhat and I'm absolutely sure you can bring a difference from tweaking these settings. I know dampening adjustment alone helped me making it through turn one in Interlagos and tirepressure adjustment alone cut three tenths in Catalunya in my career mode.

Last edited:
Anti-roll
How much the car leans in corners. Low anti-roll means more leaning and better cornering grip, high anti-roll means both wheels on the ground and better traction/acceleration.
Dampening
How fast the wheel bounces and rebounces (rebound dampening). Dampening must not be confused with suspension. Low dampening means better cornering grip. High dampening means better stability of the car when hitting curbs.
Ride height
Low height means more suction and higher speed. High ride height prevents car scraping onto track from bumps, curbs and elevations which can cause instability.
Traction control
High traction control means less wheelspin which means good acceleration and stability. Low traction control means even better acceleration so long one does not spin the wheels too much :)
Spinning the wheels will cause more wear too but that doesn't matter for time trials.
Brake bias
With a heavily fueled car, more load will transfer forward during braking and higher front wheel brake pressure is recommended. Too much frontbrakes can unbalance the rear though and cause the rear-end to spin when braking into a corner (Silverstone turn 7 after the backstraight is one reference turn). This can sometimes be solved by applying more rear brake pressure. Brake pressure is a carbalance issue for sure.

For tire pressure have a look at the special thread for that.

Hope this helps somewhat and I'm absolutely sure you can bring a difference from tweaking these settings. I know dampening adjustment alone helped me making it through turn one in Interlagos and tirepressure adjustment alone cut three tenths in Catalunya in my career mode.

wow thanks a lot man this looks really helpful, will give it all a shot and hopefully get that time down, cheers!

wow thanks a lot man this looks really helpful, will give it all a shot and hopefully get that time down, cheers!
No problem. Just one word on suspension as well as that might be helpful (even though you didn't require that). Hard suspension makes the car more responsive, soft suspension provides better grip and a calmer ride. This is because hard suspension releases energy faster but absorbs energy slower (and the reverse for soft susp). It is common to run softer rear suspension becase one can affect how the front of the car behaves by adjusting rear suspension. If your car is unstable into a corner under braking, instead of making the front stiffer, one can soften the rear to release the energy slower. Also, bump hits will cause a shock travelling through the car and with stiffer front and softer rear the front can reset quickly and the rear can absorb the most of the shock without freaking out and spinning out.

Now I'll leave you to it :)

I've been watching this forum for a while now, and after several months i decided to join as i've always wanted to post my times.

However, i find it odd that not many of the times actually have any PROOF. (screenshot, video).

i beleive all scores should have proof, pretty much everyone has some sort of camera.

I just find some of the times hard to beleive, mainly, Monaco, 1:08.956.

i have been playing this course for months and the best time i have acheived is: 1:10.865 (can provide picture AND video if required)

What are the rules on posting pictures,.. because ive seen the Monaco picture posted in an odd way.... his best time was what hes said, and the second best time was a 1:12? how can he make a 3+ second jump ?

I've been watching this forum for a while now, and after several months i decided to join as i've always wanted to post my times.

However, i find it odd that not many of the times actually have any PROOF. (screenshot, video).

i beleive all scores should have proof, pretty much everyone has some sort of camera.

i have been playing this course for months and the best time i have acheived is: 1:10.865 (can provide picture AND video if required)

What are the rules on posting pictures,.. because ive seen the Monaco picture posted in an odd way.... his best time was what hes said, and the second best time was a 1:12? how can he make a 3+ second jump ?

Here at GTPlanet we believe that each member should be trustworthy. I do not see why anyone would want to post a ridiculous time that they've just made up so as to top the time sheets of some small quiet part of the internet, as you will have seen with many of the competitions run on this site a certain amount of etiquette and empathy is expected from all members. Therefore I do not see the need to force people into providing video or photographic evidence as proof. As far as I'm aware all the times posted so far are well within the realm of possibility as I have done thousands of laps myself and have watched several times as people have dissappeared down the road infront of me setting lap times far outside my level of skill. You must realise that some of these people have gone to great lenghts to achieve these times, hundreds of thousands of laps, tens of hours in the settings menus hundreds of euros worth of realistic wheels and the use of clever techniques such as frequent traction control changes and instant gear changes.

Of course I would love to see people post videos of their times, as it would give others a better idea of were they are going wrong and I do encourage people to post pictures of lap times to add to the validity of this thread, but I nievely trust them and therefore will not demand it, until such time as someone blatently tries to abuse this trust.

But welcome to the thread and I hope you have fun here and learn plenty of new things. I look forward to seeing your replays as I too am struggling to reach times such as 1.08s in Monaco, however I know a 1.09 is possible with the six-axis and auto, so I presume I could shave off the extra second with a wheel and manual, but it will take me awhile.

👍

Well, I agree to some extent, but like GT4 Genius has said the competition at least in this sub forum isn't so serious that we need proof. Why anyone would bother to cheat I have no idea because nothing is gained....if people are cheating then I say let them have their hollow victories.

You will see in other sections of this forum in the official time trials for Gran Turismo and a few other games that usually proof is required but as F1:CE isn't as popular and this forum isn't exactly busy I think its safe to assume everyone here is honest.

Thanks for the quick reply i appreciate it :)

I agree with you in that each member should be trusted, and 99% of the time, anyone who would play a simulation Formula 1 game would have the integrity to be honest about it. Unfortunatly the anominity of the internet causes some people to want to try and out do others. I just think that posting pictures of times that exceed 1 second off a previous record might help.

Alas, my friend and I play this game atleast once a week, sometimes more, we save the ghost cars and times and can provide pictures and possibly videos if anyones interested.

As of yet we have only been playing 2 courses (please don't think we're noobs! lol) we play Montreal and Monaco. Montreal we have a record of 1:09.3 and on Monaco its 1:10.8 (dont know exact times but its around that).

For montreal, we started by having times of 1:14, thinking that was pretty good :dunce: lol but we improved greatly and got it to the 1.10 mark, and recently we got it up to 1.09.3 and couldnt improve on that at all.

As for Monaco, we were at 1:12.5 for ages! and then yesterday we played an intesne 2 hours of tweaking settings and got that down to 1:10.8 so i guess if we can improve nearly 2 seconds in 2 hours, then a 1:08 time is possible... just seems extreme to us i guess.

I have a question though, does using a steering whell improve the time at all, if so, how? we know changing gears in manual helps alot, but we only use a ps3 controller as we dont have a steering wheel. (yet)

Thanks for reading this if you have we shall be posting pics and our times next time we play the game. :)

Well , Nice to see new faces,

I for 1 will start to video my laps as soon as I get my new LCD TV, hopefully in the next week,
For sure the wheel is faster as its much easier to change brake balances and traction control during the lap.
and setup is really important too , I notice that my fast setps are really twitchy ones (GT4 once tried my setp and said he coldnt drive in it :))) and require a little luck and also preciseness to get the time out of it but as we dont die or hurt ourselves when we go too fast into a corner or brake ridiculously late i guess its worth the extra effort and time to get the best laptime.

Best Regards
Alireza

Hi all! im new here and new to the game got the ps3 the last week and have been playing oen track just to try and get used to it! Magny Cours, i started with lap times of 1.20's and slowly brought it down, now im hitting 1.16's but cannot get any lower!

Anyway i will keep at it! If anyone has any tips I would be greatful

Also thanks for having this site, i went on the the PSN and the lap times were in the 30seconds!! I slightly doubt this!

Cheers anyways

Sam

Interesting. I've done 1.29.xx at Sepang without tweaking anything other than the downforce in the renault.

How you get down to 1.21 at Melbourne is beyond me, though.

Does anyone have any videos of a good lap at Silverstone and/or Catalunya? I find those two quite difficult.

That best time by Alireza at melbourne is incredible :scared: I might give the time at Bahrain a shot though. I think in the Ferrari I'll easy beat it. Bahrain does seem to be a track that suits my style though. with sweeping bends and tight corners

I just picked up a PS3 and F1 championship edition. I have played for about a week and here is what I am coming up with at Monaco:
Sector 1-18.575
Sector 2-33.591
Sector 3-17.745

Lap time=1.11.911
I noticed not to many people have posted here lately. Maybe this will spark some interest.
CDW

Last edited:
I've started playing F1 CE again after a while, and I've been practising around Bahrain in a Ferrari.
My Best Time - 1.29.972

Well, new lap at Monza which i'm fairly proud of. 1:17.272, 22.559/26.576/28.137
(Shaggy Alonso, Ferrari)

Senna once made a good analogy about the pursuit of the perfect lap, likening it to trying to tie your shoe laces completely evenly. You may get extremely close, but it's never perfect. I feel I probably could have got an extra tenth or two, but the likelihood of nailing every corner in such a way on a single lap wasn't very much. My set up was extremely twitchy and sometimes that helped point the car into the corner (the second Lesmo and Ascari) but it meant I couldn't carry as much apex speed into certain other corners (first Lesmo and critically the Parabolica). I probably could have found a more comfortable set up, but then my speed wouldn't be as great on the straights, so that was the best I could manage in about 50 laps.

Some of these times are amazing. I wish people would post if they made them with a wheel or controller. I use a G25 and only have TC on, all other aids off. I have laps close on some tracks but others are way off. The only thing I can think of is these times where with setups tweaked for all out pace. The times I have are with setups that are for full race distance so I can consistantly do them.

Take Bahrain for example. All times are from Grand Prix Weekend Mode.

1:30.835 Ferrari
1:31.233 Renault
1:31.333 Ferrari

I had a 1:29.1xx in a Williams, but turned off PS3 without saving. That lap WAS an all out run. Started a race on Hard and drove very slow till I was lapped, then played catchup for fun.

Here are a few that are competetive with the fast laps on OP.

http://twitpic.com/226wtn
http://twitpic.com/226wt9
http://twitpic.com/226wuc
http://twitpic.com/226wu1

Back