Your PC area and PC Rigs

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 298 comments
Jesus! GO invest in a better monitor instead! Thats the best part. :D Other then looking through my side panel to look at the LIGHTS GLOW!!!!!

Side panels suck. Especially since in my desk, you won't be able to see it anyways :lol:.

My current specs:

AMD Athlon XP Single Core 2.2 GHz CPU
XFX nVidia GeForce 6800XT (GS Chipset) 256MB Video Card
Hitachi DeathStar 164GB HDD 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, IDE
19" AOC LCD Flat Panel monitor (VGA, no DVI :( )
FIC K9NV Motherboard
AeroCool AeroPower SilverLine 450W Power Supply

Upgrading some time in the future.

Monitor << More storage ;)

Seriously though, I've had this monitor for a number of years and apart from a short period of petulance it's been perfect. I don't see the benefits of buying a new monitor whereas the benefits of other parts of the system are very clear to see (so to speak).

amp88
Monitor << More storage ;)

Seriously though, I've had this monitor for a number of years and apart from a short period of petulance it's been perfect. I don't see the benefits of buying a new monitor whereas the benefits of other parts of the system are very clear to see (so to speak).

Exactly, I've got 7 hdd's on order with my company, currently. ;) And I've got 4 in my system, that they will be replacing. :)

(4) WD Raptor 150gigs 16mb buffer (no window) (Going to be RAID 0+1)
(3) WD Caviar 500gigs 16mb buffer (Going to be RAID 5)

I'm a bit of a geek now. 1 computer either side of me.....

The Black one is a:
AMD-64 3500+
512mb RAM (Samsung I think)
FX5200 (Replacing very soon)
WD 80GB SATA HD

White one is my old:
Athlon 1200
512mb RAM
40gb Seagate HD
SiS630/730

Pride of the kit is my new monitor which is a 19" Widescreen Proview.

Love the widescreen. We have a 21" widescreen down starins so very much like that. Great for movies. And when I played Call of Duty wile my comp was under construction, i couldn't be pulled off.

toyomatt84
Exactly, I've got 7 hdd's on order with my company, currently. ;) And I've got 4 in my system, that they will be replacing. :)

Stop it, you're making me jealous :grumpy:

toyomatt84

Workstation I presume?

Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. (P4P800 SE)
Chipset : Intel 865 PE
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 3.0E MHz Zalman(CNPS770)
Physical Memory : 768 MB (DDR-SDRAM 3200)
Video Card : Radeon X1600 Series(RV530) AGP 512 MB
PCI: MSI Theater 550 Pro
Hard Disk : WDC WD400JB-00JJC0
Hard Disk : WDC WD2000JB-00GVC0
Network Card : MARVEL GBIT LAN
(CD-Rom) : HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8525B
(DVD-Rom) :SONY DVD RW DRU-800A

picture1gq0.jpg

picture2hg7.jpg

picture3ou3.jpg

picture4lz4.jpg

picture5yx1.jpg

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8954/picture2hg7.jpg

Has anybody upgraded since this thread started?

Whats the weapon of choice now the core 2 duo's are kicking arse

Has anybody upgraded since this thread started?

Whats the weapon of choice now the core 2 duo's are kicking arse

That Core 2 Duo is amazing.

I've just got my new HP laptop.
1.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
1GB RAM
160GB HD
GeForce Go 7400
15'4 Widescreen

I'm running Vista on it, the little bar at idle says both Cores are running at 0%. Even though the GPX card isn't that great, it plays most games pretty well. My Picture shows me playing FSX on Ultrahigh detail with no slowdown. I've been playing the demo version of Supreme Commander on medium settings flawlessly and I can run FEAR at 1200x800 fine as long as the lighting effects are turned off.

(I'll post a better picture later)
dsc00609nx4.jpg

Other computer still the same old crappy 3200+ Athlon64. Which now gets 'Machine Check Error' BSOD every day. Oh well...Got the new, faster, quieter, more portable rig now :)

Im about 3 days away from my new rig also.

Core 2 Duo E6600
Asus p5k Deluxe
CORSAIR TwinX 1gig x 2 (2 Gig) DDR2 XMS2-6400 PRO 800mhz 5-5-5-12 Matched Pair
XFX 8800gtx OC'ed 600mhz
650watt Silverstone PSU
Antec 900 gaming case
Seagate 400gb Sata HD
Sata DVD burner
Creative Xtreme gamer sound card
G15 keyboard
G5 mouse
Vista Ultimate
22' Samsung LCD (226bw)

Cant wait..

I splurged on my rig about three months ago (last computer i built was in 2001, about time for a damn upgrade.. saved for quite a few months for this one), here's what i got. I have nicknamed her the "bastion of hope against moore's law". rofl :P

It's all housed in a Gigabyte 3D Aurora Black Aluminum case. I love it.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ - cooled by a Zalman 9700 fan (all copper)
4GB DDR2 800 RAM (Crucial Ballistix 4x 1GB sticks)
Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 nForce 590 motherboard
COOLMAX 700watt active PFC power supply
BFG Tech Geforce 8800GTX, 768MB
4 Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM HDDs, in a RAID 5 array
1 Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 10K RPM HDD

All displaying on a 22" widescreen Viewsonic X-Series VX2235WM, in black.

This is the first time I've had the cash to do anything nice for myself so I went all out on this one, at least as much as I could. The motherboard was on sale at newegg for like two months and then they pulled it. I don't know why, it's a FANTASTIC board. I'm absolutely smitten with it and would wholeheartedly recommend it for a gaming rig.

I took some new photos of my PC area a while back, but I need to get some time to upload them to here.

Here is what CPU-Z says my system is. Its actually an HTML file, so rename the extention.

Attachments

• cpuz.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 16
I dont know why my pictures are a bit blurry with out the flash... but o' well..
[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
hpim1911pa7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
hpim1912kp2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And some little bit of my fabricating to see my Windowed Raptor Drive 💡
hpim1919yn7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• specs.JPG
    specs.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
Dude, we have the same case! Heavy bugger, isn't it? You should do the cable management thing and route the PSU cables in the space at the back.

EDIT: And fit that PSU cage thingy. It just looks cool. :lol: And was the GPU cooler hard to fit? I have a GTS as well and while in range, the card runs a little too hot for my liking.

Dude, we have the same case! Heavy bugger, isn't it? You should do the cable management thing and route the PSU cables in the space at the back.

EDIT: And fit that PSU cage thingy. It just looks cool. :lol: And was the GPU cooler hard to fit? I have a GTS as well and while in range, the card runs a little too hot for my liking.
Because I have my processor water cooled I have more then enough space for my GPU cooler. The cool thing about the heat sink is that it can be placed in the other direction as well. Here's the link if your interested http://www.thermalright.com/default.htm Your going to be looking for the VGA cooler HR-03 Plus Anyways im running temps at about 47ºc-49ºc with my fan. under load it's about 52ºc-54ºc. But Im using a very loud fan. Its Vantec's Tornado. But like you said the case is heaving and it does quite down the fan than if it was being used in say another common case. I would recommend getting a switch for the fan. Its what i have so when im in game i turn it on when im not. There is no need for the fan to be on.

Time for my glorious desk and its surrounding area to be shown off... just be afraid...

The desk... simple enough...
DCP_0001-1.jpg

Stuff on wall to the left of Desk...
DCP_0002.jpg

Bookshelf to the right of the desk...
DCP_0003.jpg

Next to the book shelf, hobby area...
DCP_0005.jpg

Under desk area, storage, etc...
DCP_0004.jpg

Except for the lamp and pillow, which I lean on when reading... (Yes, I read under my desk) Plus the lamp makes it easier to keep track of cables, etc...
DCP_0006.jpg

Hahaha, no. Its actually so I can read and not see my monitors at all. Find I get through my text books a bit quicker when I can still listen to music, but don't see new incoming messages on AIM and crap. Plus the light down there makes organizing cables a whole helluva lot easier. What I really need is one of those pillows that has the armrests, etc.

I did add another desk though to the area, so I now have a walk in desk basically :P

My rig, which is based on a $299 Walmart-bought Compaq:

Stock mobo
Stock Power Supply
40GB WD HDD, been failing for over a year and still works.
2.4GHZ AMD Athalon 3800+ CPU.
ATI Radeon X600 video card, slight overclock. Will push harder when active cooling is present.
1X1GB DDR Ram, 1X1.5GB Pagefile
Dell Trinitron 16.4" viewable flatscreen CRT monitor, set at 1280X1024X32 @ 70Hz.
Optical corded mouse, standard keyboard with media buttons, both PS/2.
Logitech Wingman Extreme flight yoke, with serial to USB adapter.
Windows Vista Ultimate X86
1X20" 120VAC boxfan, open case, this is how I keep it cool ATM.
Stock CPU cooler with Arctic Silver 5 on it, IHS unremoved.

Comp I post with at school:

Dell Optiplex GX270
Stock everything
Horrid Intel "Extreme!" graphics, which lags on a 1072X768X32 60HZ desktop\
Intel P4 @ about 1.4GHZ
256MB RAM
Horrid 15" dell Bubbletron!(Made that up myself)
Nice corded optical logitech mouse, horrid dell keyboard
Did I mention a horrid dell case?
Unknown size, type HDD. Too locked out to access My Computer...
XP Pro SP2, with a crazy amount of lockouts that I'm far too lazy to bypass.
More random lag-causing crap, I'm too lazy to list it all

Back