Your PC area and PC Rigs

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 298 comments
Small_Fryz
New house, New setup! (278kb total for the 2 pics)

Computer
Computer.jpg

PS2

I see an acer travelmate in the corner :D

And a sony vcr/dvd player....

I am also tempted to splash out on a good size SATA2 HDD. Maybe about 750GB, or maybe just 1 500GB HDD. I am so going to have to decide soon folks.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I am also tempted to splash out on a good size SATA2 HDD. Maybe about 750GB, or maybe just 1 500GB HDD. I am so going to have to decide soon folks.
What would be the point?

You only need a HDD that big if you're going to store lots of music, videos or photos on it. I don't see the point of getting a HDD that big unless you're going to use all of it. I'm surviving on 40GB well enough here. :)

Small_Fryz
so he can fit more Pr0n on it:dopey:
Haha, that takes up a lot of space too...

Small_Fryz
so he can fit more Pr0n on it:dopey:
I don't download pr0n, its a waste of bandwith. A bigger HDD is for my songs brought on Napster. Aswell as vids, and my photos tooken at motorsport events.

Plus Video games that I buy online.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I don't download pr0nm, its a waste of bandwith. A bigger HDD is for my songs brought on Napster. Aswell as vids, and my photos tooken at motorsport events.

Plus Video games that I buy online.
You do know that songs bought on Napster are DRMed so much that, in effect, you don't own those songs, right?

No your paying for them, so its classed as your own legal version of the song to listen to. Also remember future games will use more GB's, since PC games will be both using Blu-Ray and HD-DVD in the future.

So the smallest size DX10 game, could be up to 15GB. Anyway I may splash out on DDR2 800 ram in my next PC, cannot decide at the moment. But prices will drop once I get my next PC.

But, in effect you don't own them, you're not free to put it on your player of choice. You're paying £10 a month for songs that won't be there once you stop subscribing . Might as well listen to the radio. And unless you're storing lossless FLAC files (which you're not, you're downloading lossy .wma) you really wouldn't need 500GB of space for songs, 250/300 gb is enough if you want to store lots of games + videos + pictures.

GTRacer4
But, in effect you don't own them, you're not free to put it on your player of choice. You're paying £10 a month for songs that won't be there once you stop subscribing . Might as well listen to the radio. And unless you're storing lossless FLAC files (which you're not, you're downloading lossy .wma) you really wouldn't need 500GB of space for songs, 250/300 gb is enough if you want to store lots of games + videos + pictures.

So, he wouldn't be able to use them in say, a podcast?

He does have a point on the up-coming Blue Ray/HD DVD games though, as they'll be pretty big. But because they're so big, won't you want a FAST HDD, as very large HDDs like that aren't as fast as the high RPM smaller ones. Loading times would take forever otherwise as the games will be so big, unless you like waiting (I for sure don't).

Jon.
So, he wouldn't be able to use them in say, a podcast?
No, since your iPod/any other player will have to be DRM compatible. If he has a player that's compatible with napster to go (or any other pay per month service) then he can use them, but he will still have to pay per month to keep songs that are already on your HDD/mp3 player (songs whcich he bought from Napster).

So I made a typing error in Pron, anyway my next PC which I will get next year will be more of a match for these people with X2 PC's.

I ran Memtest, and it seems I did not have any errors on my ram after all. Which must mean my Graphics Card must have suffered some small damage that is causing the random restarts most likely.

I should worry, but when I sell my PC to my Dad most likely. Well I will just sell the whole PC with out the Hard Drives's, and Graphics Card.

I JUST upgraded to a 20.1" LCD monitor from a 15" 1024x768 monitor, and I gotta say, the 1400x1050 Res is fantastic.

Here are the pics and copmarison to the old one:

How did I miss this thread until now...

My computer: Compaq SR1234NX

Intel Pentium 4 (dunno the number) 2.8GHz
512MB Single-channel memory
Intel 82845G GPU w/64MB of graphics memory (I hate this GPU)
17" Compaq CRT Monitor
80GB HDD - planning on a 80GB, possibly 160GB external HDD
DVD+/-RW top, CD-ROM down

I really want more RAM, but I don't think upgrading a machine that I don't like is a good idea.

GT4_Rule
How did I miss this thread until now...

My computer: Compaq SR1234NX

Intel Pentium 4 (dunno the number) 2.8GHz
512MB Single-channel memory
Intel 82845G GPU w/64MB of graphics memory (I hate this GPU)
17" Compaq CRT Monitor
80GB HDD - planning on a 80GB, possibly 160GB external HDD
DVD+/-RW top, CD-ROM down

I really want more RAM, but I don't think upgrading a machine that I don't like is a good idea.
It's been dead.

The chair was given to me by Santa back when I was playing GT1, but it still works so I don't care what it looks like :)

PC:

Athlon 2700+
ASUS A7N8X-D
1GB Corsair 333MHz RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro
Pioneer DVR-108 DVD Burner
Lite-On 52246S CD Burner
Nebula DigiTV TV Card
WD1200JB
WD2500JD
WD2500JB
WD3000JB (external)
WD2000JB (external)
Logitech Z-560

amp88

The chair was given to me by Santa back when I was playing GT1, but it still works so I don't care what it looks like :)

PC:

Athlon 2700+
ASUS A7N8X-D
1GB Corsair 333MHz RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro
Pioneer DVR-108 DVD Burner
Lite-On 52246S CD Burner
Nebula DigiTV TV Card
WD1200JB
WD2500JD
WD2500JB
WD3000JB (external)