eDimensional AudioFX Headset
Logitech G5 Mouse
512 MB of RAM
160GB HDD
52x DVD/CD/Burn Drive
Standard CD Drive
ATi 9550 AGP 8x 256 MB Video Card
2.2 GHz AMD Athlon Processor

:lol: Got a new cooling fan today... It's pretty bad ass, on max it's still the quietest friggin fan I've experienced. It was free. :D

:odd: Ok... WTF my cpu temp went up from 31C to 38C and my vid card from 41C to 46C

VIPFREAK
:lol: Got a new cooling fan today... It's pretty bad ass, on max it's still the quietest friggin fan I've experienced. It was free. :D

:odd: Ok... WTF my cpu temp went up from 31C to 38C and my vid card from 41C to 46C
Don't you just love how new hardware takes up less space lol.

My University room, was in the state of packing up for the Easter break, so you'll have to excuse the bareness of the walls and the unorganised nature of the desk :D

Here are the specs of my laptops.

Fujitsu Siemens D1845 Laptop

3.4 GHZ Pentium 4 Processor
1 GB DDR RAM
80 GB HDD
Double Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer
128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Graphics Card
15.4 " TFT Widescreen (WXGA)
Windows XP Proffesional Operating System
Wi-Fi Enabled + Built In Microphone
Memory Card Slot ( MMC/SD/MS Pro etc)​

Sony Vaio PCG FX805

AMD Athlon 1.6GHZ Processor
512 MB Ram
30 GB HDD
CD Re-Writer + DVD drive
8MB ATI Mobility M1 Graphics Card
15" TFT Screen
Windows XP Professional Edition​

Will post my main Desktop later when i take pictures :)

I'm like some sort of obsessive-compulsive tidy freak compared with some of the chaotic PC rooms and desks I've seen posted here.

Anyhoo, here's a pic of my PC.
pc8006006ar.jpg

KM.

A website on my 26inch HDTV at res 1360x768, and at 1080i

Sky HD Sample Clips, running from my PC to my HDTV by DVI

- Rugby 1 HD Sample with a slight flash from my Dads spare digi cam.
- Rugby 1 HD Sample again with an even smaller slight flash from my Dads spare digi cam.

Ok I post more pics up later on buds. Shame my Dads spare digi cam cannot show that they look better then they do in the photos.

I can get my games running at 1080i through my PC even at res 1360x768. Also I am trying to find a desk which has a part, that can turn at a wide angle.

I show some screens of HL2: LC on my HDTV, also BF2 just looks lush on HDTV. But I am tempted to show Vip F.E.A.R through my HDTV.

VIPFREAK

Told you it doesn't work.

Hah! Your wallpaper looks like our downstairs wallpaper!

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I can get my games running at 1080i through my PC even at res 1360x768. Also I am trying to find a desk which has a part, that can turn at a wide angle.

I show some screens of HL2: LC on my HDTV, also BF2 just looks lush on HDTV. But I am tempted to show Vip F.E.A.R through my HDTV.

Sounds cool, wish i had a big HDTV but i'm happy with my 19" LCD for now.

El Gigante
Sounds cool, wish i had a big HDTV but i'm happy with my 19" LCD for now.
I was going to get 32inch, but 32inch and 26inch screens do not look that much different.

If I had a DSLR then it would show the TV up much more better. Ok some more shots.

Sky HD sample

Crytek 2 tech demo

Xbox 360 Vids

Yea, it comes in really handy, But I need a better one. It doesnt display the same resolution as my main one. Plus I got the Logithech G15 keyboard.

Messy desk? I haven't posted a recent picture because my area has been soo messy lately. I'll see if I can get everyone to clean up a bit before I take shot. It's a 3 workstation area where everyone is hooked up which makes it nice for some 3 player lan gaming. If my son passes 7th grade, I plan on adding him to the network as well for some nice 4 player lan gaming. That will be sweet. Anyways, nice to see your guy's setups!

;)

Ok guys I will finally be moving to dual core and PCI Express this year or next year guys. Not saying how much my next PC pre-built will cost, but stay tuned buds.

@ small_fryz:
Nice setup man! Looks as if every thing is in order, as it should be. ;) Love the custom seat for the DFP!

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan:
:embarrassed: New setup, eh? So how long do we have to wait? What are you looking at? Chipset, Graphics, Speed? Do tell, do tell.... :)

New (ish) specs:

amd athlon (venice) 3000 64 over clocked to 2ghz
1 gig ddr400 corsair ram (2 X 512 twinned)
xfx geforce 7800gt xe edition (factory overclocked)
creative audigy 4 oem
ASROCK Dual Sata 2 (pci express and agp) Motherboard
180 gig hitachi hdd (7200 rpm, 8mb cache) IDE
80 gig ibm hdd (7200 rpm, 2mb cache) IDE
All the usual crap like dvd burner etc, all sat in a thermaltake xaser 3 case

It's a good system, though I would like a better cpu.

Gets about 3500 ish on 3D mark 2006.

Amd 4800 + dual core
Asus A8N Premium sli motherboard
4 gigs of Corsair XMS memory
2 SATA II 250 gig Western Digital hard drives (16m cache) in raid 0
2 7800 GTX oc BFG video cards in sli
600w enermax noisetaker psu
Tsunami thermaltake case
Logitech G15 keyboard
Razer Diamondback mouse

21" Dell Trinitron monitor

Gets just under 11,000 on 3D mark 2005

The amd dual core processors ROCK.

Las Vegas Guy
Amd 4800 + dual core
Asus A8N Premium sli motherboard
4 gigs of Corsair XMS memory
2 SATA II 250 gig Western Digital hard drives (16m cache) in raid 0
2 7800 GTX oc BFG video cards in sli
600w enermax noisetaker psu
Tsunami thermaltake case
Logitech G15 keyboard
Razer Diamondback mouse

21" Dell Trinitron monitor

Gets just under 11,000 on 3D mark 2005

The amd dual core processors ROCK.

Nice, would be good to see some pics of your set-up. :)

Pako
@ small_fryz:
Nice setup man! Looks as if every thing is in order, as it should be. ;) Love the custom seat for the DFP!

@TVR&Ferrari_Fan:
:embarrassed: New setup, eh? So how long do we have to wait? What are you looking at? Chipset, Graphics, Speed? Do tell, do tell.... :)
Don't want to say, but I will be buying Windows Vista Ultimate for the new PC. Which will offer both media center options and none media center options, also for the past 2-3 months my PC has been restarting for no reason.

I installed the lastest sound driver, after MS told me it was that. But it still did not fix it, but I think the restart problems are caused by my current ram.

I also did ram tests during boot up, and well it failed all of its memory tests. Which showed my ram may have ram errors most likely.

So in the next couple of months I will be sending my ram back to GSkill, to see if they can fix the errors. I am not saying what specs i will be having, but i am looking towards either a HD-DVD RW Drive or Blu-Ray RW Drive.

As well as DX10 graphics card, and the lowest priced Xi-Fi soundcard. But I am not buying the PC until later this year or next year, but when i get round too it.

I will sell my PC to my Dad or my mate.

It really an exciting time in technology. It's moving so fast. I can't imagine what will be available in the next year or so.... Blue Ray/HD-DVD will be great for off site storage and portable media transfers.

memtest86 is a great Ram tester although it sounds like you have already determined your ram is bad or having issues.

Selling "Hand Me Downs" to relatives is a great way to unload a top notch system to them while allowing you to update your machine to the latest greatest! Eventually you run out of relatives though... ;)

Pako
It really an exciting time in technology. It's moving so fast. I can't imagine what will be available in the next year or so.... Blue Ray/HD-DVD will be great for off site storage and portable media transfers.

memtest86 is a great Ram tester although it sounds like you have already determined your ram is bad or having issues.

Selling "Hand Me Downs" to relatives is a great way to unload a top notch system to them while allowing you to update your machine to the latest greatest! Eventually you run out of relatives though... ;)
I could buy a DVD-RW drive, but what is the point when i can transfer data i want to backup over the network to my Dad's PC. Which has a DVD-RW drive, plus either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD RW drive will offer good size dual layer discs for backing up.

But I am most likey to pick Blu-Ray, due to dual layer Blu-Ray RW's can store 100GB. And most likely more in the future Pako.

But when I do sell my current PC, i will either get this ram fixed.

Then once it comes back, leave it in the PC. Or I may just buy some Ram, that Asus reckon i should use. Which, will have a good amount of speed in it.

I am also tempted to maybe go water cooling, but i am most likely going to buy my PC off either of these 4:

Alienware
Mesh
Overclockers.co.uk
Scan

Latest Posts

Back