Your pick to win Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Thread starter '85fierogt
  • 176 comments
Buffalo/Carolina Game 7 tomorrow! Is there any more intense game than a Game 7 in the Conference Finals? Methinks no. I'd say Carolina is the better team (just barely), but anything can happen in just one game. Will the rookie goaltenders finally understand the pressure, and then crack? :)

GO PANTHERS!!!

Seriously, I think if we made the playoffs, we would go to the cup. South Florida teams ALWAYS make finals when they make playoffs. (except for the Dolphins, lulz.)

The Leafs are making their annual playoff push right now, let's just hope it doesn't land them in 9th again like last year. If they can make the playoffs, I see them being a legitimate threat in the east. They definitely have Buffalo and NJs numbers already.

Great game vs. the Pens for Toronto last night. Tomas Kaberle, who I believe will soon be the best defensemen in the game, took the team on his shoulders and never looked back. Two goals on the night including the game winner in OT. I'm astounded that he's paid so much less than that bum McCabe. If anybody watched that game (which nobody did since the only sport people talk about here is NBA...EVEN DURING MARCH MADNESS) McCabe completely blew it. With a minute left, up a goal, he "clears" the puck directly onto the tape of Sidney Crosby!!! After this, he cares more about shoving Gary Roberts than stopping the game tying goal with 4 seconds left. Anybody want him? He has 53 points but thats deceiving since he's a worthless hothead who can't play any defense.

Anyway, big win for the Leafs, who remain 1 point behind Montreal for the 8th seed, I'm pretty sure they'll make the cut if they continue to play at this level, especially with the game in hand on Montreal. Realistically though, the 8th seed will probably be decided on their last game, Toronto vs. Montreal, which will be the most important game of the entire regular season.

Does anybody even care about hockey here? The Stanley Cup finals are right around the corner, and it's going to be between the Ottawa Senators and either the Ducks or the Red Wings. Personally I hope the Ducks can take down the Wings in game 6, as I would really like to see Selanne raise the cup, he is long overdue.

Anyway, I think the Sens will roll over either team in the finals. They have quite possibly the best line in hockey with Alfreddson, Heately, and Spezza, a very solid defense, and a goalie who got hot at the right time, all of the ingrediants for a cup. They also have not lost more than 1 game in any series yet, and have been completely dominant in their cup run.

As a Maple Leafs fan, I hate to see the Sens win it all, but I have got a soft spot for Alfredsson and it would be nice to see him win it all.

Ottawa is looking scary. The only hope for the West is some serious rust at the beginning of the series.

On another forum it's big, I guess there's more hockey fans there than here. I "was" rooting for the Sharts until they shot themselves in the foot. I started getting interested in Ottawa half way though the season and noticed they were neck n neck with the Sharts. I don't want to say I'm a bandwagon fan but ever since I got NHL 07 and use them for my team I really like em. As for the west I hate Detroit but I ****ing hate ALL the ducks more... Too bad Detroit is once again choking. :rolleyes:

Either way, I DON'T WANT THE ****ING DUCKS TO WIN IT ALL. last year their were a couple of players on the Oilers that I hated but since they were a fluke it's all good but they don't have anything on how much I hate the ****ing ducks. I WANT THEM TO DIE, ALL OF THEM. :mad:

Well, it's gonna be Ottawa against Anaheim in the finals. It should be a good series, Anaheim boasts two of the top defensemen in the league in Scott Neidermayer and Chris Pronger, as well as JS Giguere, who is an excellent playoff goalie. On the other hand, Ottawa has been red hot throughout the playoffs, and have dominated arguably the three other best teams in the East (Pittsburgh, New Jersey, and Buffalo). Right now their playoff record sits at 12-3, and they have yet to have a series last more than 5 games.

I think the Sens will continue their dominance and take the finals in 5. This would make Daniel Alfredsson the first European captain to lead their team to the Stanley Cup (I thought Sundin would beat him to it :( )

Time for the Sens to do what the other ****ing teams couldn't. Beat the ****ing crap out of the ****ing ducks! :mad:

Yes! The age-old rivalry between the Anaheim "Let's Leave Early to Beat the Traffic" Ducks and the Ottawa "It's May, But We Still Have to Scrape Our Windows in the Morning" Senators!

Sens in 6, with Mr. Alfredsson smooching Mr. Smythe's trophy.

Although my Sabres went out in the conference finals, I can take solace in the fact that they won their first President's trophy this year. Go Ottawa! (I'm canadian)

Anaheim won a very close game in game 1. Game two is tonight, is anybody watching?

I'm really hoping the Sens pull it out here in game 2. Right now it's a scoreless tie, but still a great game. I love playoff hockey more than the playoffs in any other sport, it's a shame we don't have more hockey fans here.

Well, it's 2-0 Anaheim now, though the score in game 2 was only 1-0 Anaheim, they clearly dominated the game until they scored, and I guess they deserved it.

(I really don't want to see that ugly goon Pronger win a cup, though)

Things really don't look good for the Sens right now. They clearly can not create enough offensive pressure at even strength to figure out the Ducks, even with one of the (if not the best) lines in hockey with Alfredsson, Heately and Spezza. If Ottawa wants to take this series back, they are going to have to do two things. First off, they need to figure out a way to physically dominate the Ducks like they did against the Pens, Sabres, and Devils, and secondly, they actually need to create some offensive pressure. Ray Emery (who was supposed to be the weakest link of the Sens going into this series) is seriously the only reason they have been staying in it, clearly their goalie is playing well enough, so they need to, even if its at the expense of their defense they need to increase their offensive pressure. Barring a blowout by the Sens in game 3, this could turn into a very ugly series otherwise.

Although my Sabres went out in the conference finals, I can take solace in the fact that they won their first President's trophy this year. Go Ottawa! (I'm canadian)

The President's trophy means absolutely nothing though if they can't win the cup. I'd almost rather have my team get into the playoffs without winning the president's trophy, considering the playoff fates of most teams that win it.

The President's trophy means absolutely nothing though if they can't win the cup. I'd almost rather have my team get into the playoffs without winning the president's trophy, considering the playoff fates of most teams that win it.

16 teams enter the playoffs, giving each team a 6.25% chance of winning the cup. What the president's trophy does is guarantee home-ice throughout the playoffs creating more revenue, and home-ice advantage. If you were to go back through the years, you would probably find that the percentage of President's trophy winners turned Cup winners was higher than 6.25%

The President's Trophy winner has only taken home the cup 6 times. It's not exactly a curse, but the President's trophy winners have been knocked out in the Conference Finals just as often as they have gone on to win the cup.

All I'm saying is that regular season success does not always translate to playoff success. The NHL Playoffs are the most unpredictible of any other major sport.

bangsx8.gif

Emelio Estavez would be proud.

Congratulations, Ducks, though I can't say I've ever known a Mighty Ducks fan.

Emelio Estavez would be proud.

Congratulations, Ducks, though I can't say I've ever known a Mighty Ducks fan.

Obviously, there's a lot of them here. I never thought in a million years hockey would mean so much here.

Nice to see the Ducks win. Even though I can't stand hockey. LOL! (I just wanted to see if they won today.)

^just remember you're in a place that nobody likes. That's gotta suck

Sad day in hockey... Dunno if I can support hockey if it's gonna have a gay winner everytime.

DWA
^just remember you're in a place that nobody likes. That's gotta suck

Sad day in hockey... Dunno if I can support hockey if it's gonna have a gay winner everytime.

You have used this word, 'gay', numerous times. Is this one of those situations where you project your feelings onto something/someone else. Do you think gay thoughts when you see fit men sweating and pushing each other around? There is nothing wrong with what you are feeling. That stirring 'down there' is completely natural.

Latest Posts

Back