Your pick to win Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Thread starter '85fierogt
  • 176 comments
Max Powers
Colorado over Ottawa in the finals...
BOOK IT!!!

I'm going to say you are right on that one. Colorado looks like they will be the team that will take it, but I've been wrong before.

It looks like the East is in prime position to take the Cup this year. All four of those teams are stronger than all four remaining West teams. Second round begins tonight :)

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!
score.jpg

LMFAO @ the Sen defender in their overtime game. What a FOULER!

I am going to be so pissed off if it's the Sabres vs. the Hurricanes in the East, they're easily my two most hated teams in the league. I think Ottawa is a much better team than Buffalo, but I'm worried about whether or not the Devils can beat the 'Canes, they got dominated in game 1.

Well, the second round seems to be pretty much over. Three series unexpectedly at 3-0, and the other, which could have very well been, at 2-1. Edmonton salvaged one, but San Jose looked uncharacteristically lost for most of Game 3. They should be able take care of Edmonton in 5 or 6, setting up a San Jose/Anaheim conference final in a never before seen Battle-of-California playoff series.

In the East, we can pretty much bank on a Buffalo/Carolina conference final. Ottawa has looked terrible, and New Jersey has been outworked.

I'd put money on Buffalo taking it all. Of all playoff teams, they've consistently looked the best.

I root for Carolina all the way, looking at how they're demolishing the Devils...

It's always less humiliating to have been eliminated by the champions. :P

How 'bout them Sens? At least it wasn't Toronto this year :). I noticed they blasted the horn after 2 of the Sabres goals, and the Pepsi Center did the same thing after a couple of the Ducks' goals. Are the operators really that mentally-challenged, or is it supposed to scare the road team into losing?

kylehnat
How 'bout them Sens? At least it wasn't Toronto this year :). I noticed they blasted the horn after 2 of the Sabres goals, and the Pepsi Center did the same thing after a couple of the Ducks' goals. Are the operators really that mentally-challenged, or is it supposed to scare the road team into losing?

Is it the operators, or is it the OLN network doing that? I thought it was the OLN, and it sucks, because one of the coolest sounds in hockey is the disappointed gasps when an away team scores.

speedy_samurai
Is it the operators, or is it the OLN network doing that? I thought it was the OLN, and it sucks, because one of the coolest sounds in hockey is the disappointed gasps when an away team scores.
No, because I heard it on CBC after Buffalo's second goal.

And I love that disappointed gasp, too. Always entertaining, especially after game-winning shorthanded goals :)👍

Well, Senators are out....thanks Sabres. Damn you.

I still can't believe how a 2nd place team lost. But Detroit lost to Edmonton, so I guess it happens.

kylehnat
San Jose looked uncharacteristically lost for most of Game 3.
...and Games 4, 5, and 6.

Whoever wins the Edmonton/Anaheim series will get destroyed by the Eastern champion.

GT4_Rule
Edmonton is going strong though.
I really want to point out that Roloson has traditionally crumbled under pressure, but the other three teams are going with rookies, so I can't :lol:

I must say, nobody does playoff hockey like Edmonton:bowdown: 👍

Of course, I am a bit partial to my home town;) But damn, that national anthem tuesday night sent chills down my spine, especially after that disgrace in San Jose.

It's 2nd intermission right now, game 4, ducks up 5-3, but I'm still feelin a sweep.
Go Oilers!!!:D

Edit: And that my friends is a perfect example of "speaking too soon":ouch:

Back