Your pick to win Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Thread starter '85fierogt
  • 176 comments
VIPFREAK
Yeah so I went to the Sharks game tonight against Calgary and I think they used the refs from the super bowl (didn't actually watch it but heard).
As a Seahawks fan and as a Flames fan, you've hurt me twice with that comment :)

Seriously though, maybe someone should tell Nabakov that when there are opposing players swarming the net, he should be in front of it, not behind it.

A lot of NHL games have become penalty-fests this year.

:lol: Yeah... I felt that just saying the Sharks suck ass in that comment was enough to cover my part if I was offending any one... apparently they're sucking ass wasn't enough. :dopey:

You gotta admit they were pulling penalties out of their asses. :dunce:

Yeah, I don't know WTF Nabakov was doing all night but most of the time the other players are the retards while Nabakov tries to save their asses. :rolleyes:

Most of the penalties called were legit, I thought, though I don't remember all of them. Calgary had just as many penalties called against them, too. I didn't watch much of the 3rd period though, as "24" was on :). Flipping back and forth between the two, my blood pressure slowly rose, as each time I turned back to the game, the Sharks had another goal :scared: But hey, all's well that ends well :sly:

Yeah.. during one of the commercial breaks (that's gay) they showed a game from 2004 in which the sharks came back to tie the game. :lol: That was sad but I don't think any of the players saw the date so it game them a last min. boost. There was a couple tripping calls that were obviously hits yet they called it tripping for the hell of it. Stuff like that I thought.

They'll lose in the first round. You have to remember that they play in the weakest division in hockey, so i wouldn't go as far as owned.

Anyway, the President's trophy means nothing come playoff time.

1st-place teams are never safe. Calgary knocked off three of them in a row in 2004, and was one goal short of beating the fourth. Of course, now they are one...

huet_79181.jpg

Hip, hip, huet!

There.

We've just had our best winning streak since 1992. We're due for another one.

^Think he'll hold in the playoffs?

To that end, Nashville must be in disarray. Nothing against Chris Mason, but Tomas Vokoun was a big reason for their awesome season, and throwing a cold goaltender into the playoffs doesn't seem like the formula for success.

It's the same thing as the last time they decided to trade a goalie... History will repeat itself soon enough... If the Avs don't win the Stanly, they'll likely make it further then Montreal...

I hope Ottawa gets it's players back on the ice in time for the playoffs.. :nervous:

I really hate Colorado and hope that they lose in the first round. Their goaltending is very suspect anyway.

Ottawa is probably in good shape with Ray Emery, but they don't really play a physical game that wears opponents out. They can score a ton, but defenses really tighten up in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Until they're mathmatically eliminated, my pick is still the Toronto Maple Leafs. Hey, I'm not a homer, just a die hard fan. I know it's not likely, but they're not out of the playoffs yet. Plus, Mats has been on fire lately.

My pick is the Sabres. Yes, I am a Sabres fan (one of the 20 in existence. ;) ) I think we have massive amounts of karma build up in reserve from the Brett-Hull-no-goal stanley cup loss a few years back, and the no-goal-part-2-leclair-through-the-side-of-the-net that helped eliminate us the season after. Also, we have a hot goalie, and a great backup should he be needed. We have 4 lines of great skaters and scoring spread out through almost everyone. We have a great center and stanley cup winner in Chris Drury as well.

Wait let me get this straight...you like the Sabres?!?!?!

Wow I liked them back when Hasek was in net, but since then I've quit following them.

I can't wait until Darcy Tucker knocks a few more Sabres players out of the lineup. Buffalo fans are crying for his blood.

Darcy Tucker is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

So you enjoy cheapshots taken by inferior players? Me? I just enjoy hockey. I am glad the new NHL is making it harder for the tough guys to be in the lineup, they make hockey look ugly and slow.

speedy_samurai
Darcy Tucker is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

So you enjoy cheapshots taken by inferior players? Me? I just enjoy hockey. I am glad the new NHL is making it harder for the tough guys to be in the lineup, they make hockey look ugly and slow.

I enjoy clean hits that take players out of the game, but not cheap shots. Darcy Tucker has turned over a new leaf this year and has become quite a goal scorer. I guarantee a Sabres player cheap shots him in their next game over that supposed "dirty" hit that your pansy coach keeps whining about. Buffalo will be out by the first round...BOOK IT!

:( I can't believe we're eliminated though, chalk it up to poor management and coaching, I hope Fat Quinn and JFJ both get the axe. The Leafs are definitely in a rebuilding stage, but after seeing the promise they showed at the end of this season, here's to them making the playoffs next year.

Now I want Calgary to win the cup, I just love Mikka Kippersoff, and they came so damn close last time.

Actually, any team other than Buffalo or Detroit is ok with me.

Max Powers
Now I want Calgary to win the cup, I just love Mikka Kippersoff, and they came so damn close last time.
Despite your avatar, I welcome folks on the Flames bandwagon :)

powripper
Wicked avatar you got there!👍 👍
Why thank you! I've always loved that logo, and have that sweater in my collection. I wore that jersey with pride at GM Place in 2000 for a Flames game. Fortunately, Vancouver-ites aren't rude enough to toss beer on a 16 year-old, so it didn't get ruined :)

After what the Fliers did to the Rangers, I'd say the Fliers are the pwnage, or the Rangers are the noobsauces.

kylehnat
Why thank you! I've always loved that logo, and have that sweater in my collection. I wore that jersey with pride at GM Place in 2000 for a Flames game. Fortunately, Vancouver-ites aren't rude enough to toss beer on a 16 year-old, so it didn't get ruined :)

You got off lucky. I once wore my Sabres jersey to a game back in 2000. The Vancouver fans enjoyed mocking me when they were up 2 - 0 through the first 2 periods. But when the Sabres scored 5 unanswered goals in the 3rd period, and the Vancouverites didn't like it, I thought I was gonna be lynched.

kylehnat

:lol:
Well, try wearing one in Edmonton! I didn't get beer dumped on me, but I got some candy thrown at me!
but its all good, cause we won :D

My first round picks.

West: Edmonton/Detroit - Edmonton.
San Jose/Nashville - San Jose - Thornton and Cheechoo are hot, I don't think Nashville stands a chance.
Dallas/Colorado - Colorado - There's always a 7th seed that demolishes the 2nd seed, I think Colorado can pull it off.
Calgary/Anaheim - Calgary - I missed their first game, but if they can generate their offense to compliment their spectacular goalie, I think it's in the bag.

East: Buffalo/Philadelphia - Philly - Buffalo won the battle, but I think Philly will win the war. That hit on R.J. Hamburger should fire them up for Monday's game.
New Jersey/New York - New Jersey - They looked really dominant against the Rangers yesterday, and Jagr being hurt is huge for the Devils.
Carolina/Montreal - Montreal - They owned Carolina in the first game, I think Carolina is a very overrated team.
Ottawa/Tampa - Ottawa - Tampa barely deserves to be in the playoffs this year, Defending Champions means nothing, as much as I hate Ottawa, I predict a first round exit for the Lightning.

BOOK IT!!!

Back