Your suggestions for cars with painted stock rims?

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 92 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
So here I am again. This time I'm talking about something seriously special...

Thanks to the guys helping me in this thread, I now have my game turned back to patch 2.00. Overall, it took me about 3.5 hours to get the game where it is now, you know, backups, deleting, installing, downloading, ... I had to be VERY patient!

So... you may ask why the hell I did this now?! Good question.

There is a glitch I didn't know of before I installed 2.01, which allowed to use custom colours on stock rims. Proof here!

EDIT: Seeing there's a thread where you can trade these cars already, I guess I won't do my own one. I can't get the cars with 0 switches, so they are actually "useless" to collectors. And I've already put way too much effort on preparing this thing, without even having the final steps done.

The trade thread is cancelled. I'll keep them for myself mainly now, maybe I'll do some private trades but nothing official any more, sorry.

You can still PM me. :)

Original planned project:

I'm going to do a trading thing in the future, selling these customized cars for tickets, DLC painted cars and stuff.
You may suggest cars now! Tell me which cars you want to see and what colours I should use for their rims. I maybe won't do all the cars you want, but most should be possible. Only important things are: the car has to be a Premium car where you can change the rims (this only excludes some race cars and - unfortunately - the Ferrari F430) and under 500,000 Credits, which is expensive enough I think. It doesn't work for every car unfortunately, but I'll try it!

+++ UPDATE +++
I've made a little preview picture! Sorry if it's not really good (I know some shots are too dark), I've put the images together pretty quick.
It shows one of the Maserati GranTurismo S that will be part of the trading program. In the game it looks even better!
MaseratiGranTurismoSpaintedrims1.jpg

CONFIRMED CARS:
These cars are tested and they work! They will be part of the trading program I'll start after this beta testing.

BMW 1 Series Concept tii '07
Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '92
Maserati GranTurismo S
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition Special Color Package ’99
Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec (R33) ’97

EXCLUDED CARS:
I tested these cars, and they don't work unfortunately.

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ’08
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro ’09
BMW M3 Coupe ’07
BMW M5 ’08
BMW Z4 '03
BMW Z4M '08
Chevrolet Camaro SS ’10
Chevrolet Corvette (C6) ZR-1 '09
Ferrari 430 Scuderia ’07
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Ferrari 512BB ’76
Ferrari 599 ’06
Ferrari California ’08
Ferrari F40 ’92
Ferrari F430 ’06
Honda NSX Type R '02
Jaguar XKR Coupe ‘10
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 ’09
Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce ’09
Lexus LFA ’10
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG ‘08
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ’10
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05
Nissan GT-R ’07
Nissan Skyline GT-R V·spec II Nür (R34) ’02
Subaru Impreza WRX STi (18inch BBS Wheel Option) ‘07
Tesla Roadster '08
Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo A '88

As I have limited credits and can't get new credits easily at the moment ('cause I can't play Seasonal events using an old patch), there won't be that many expensive cars added I think. However, I'll try if they work using a backup of my save game, to make sure to not waste money. And some not that expensive cars will be added as well later. :)

If we'll have a deal and you'll get the car, you can change the body colour. The rims or the colour of them can't be changed though.

Last edited:
Sounds good!
I'm interested in the Ferrari and Lamborghini.
Waht do you expect in return and when can you deliver the cars?
Thanks for replying.
:)

At the moment, I'm only planning. I tested the Maserati Gran Turismo S today already, but all the others will have to be tested tomorrow morning. And I wanted to know what people are thinking about this, I hope some are interested. :)

As said in the OP, maybe some tickets or DLC painted cars, depending on what people I'm trading with will offer me.

Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
white body / black rims

White/Black in 0/0/0 already exists. I assume another colour scheme.
Blue/Yellow or Dark Red/Dark Green...

Great project though. I think I would take a car or two. :sly:

At the moment, I'm only planning. I tested the Maserati Gran Turismo S today already, but all the others will have to be tested tomorrow morning. And I wanted to know what people are thinking about this, I hope some are interested. :)

As said in the OP, maybe some tickets or DLC painted cars, depending on what people I'm trading with will offer me.

Yes, I read that later too ... so I edited the post mate.
It's okay ... don't rush.
:)

Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
white body / black rims

White/Black in 0/0/0 already exists. I assume another colour scheme.
Blue/Yellow or Dark Red/Dark Green...

Great project though. I think I would take a car or two. :sly:

Interesting idea. Black & White looks most awesome I think though...
Anyway, how it is possible to get the car with 0 changes? You have to use the car at least once to change the rims I think.

Interesting idea. Anyway, how it is possible to get the car with 0 changes? You have to use the car at least once to change the rims I think.

I think so either ... but November 9th, I will get the car and check if it's indeed 0/0?

I think so either ... but November 9th, I will get the car and check if it's indeed 0/0?

Okay. Unless somebody tells me a way to get it with no changes, all the cars I'm giving away will have 1 change then. Hope that's not a problem. :nervous:

Interesting idea. Black & White looks most awesome I think though...
Anyway, how it is possible to get the car with 0 changes? You have to use the car at least once to change the rims I think.

White/Black looks badass. But as posted - it exists. And it should be possible to get you one. :sly:
The 0/0/0 is a lucky glitch. I got a DLC painted Corvette from a friend in 0/0/0 condition. It happens... :)

A car with painted standard rims in 1/0/0 condition is absolutely no problem... My opinion.

Okay. Unless somebody tells me a way to get it with no changes, all the cars I'm giving away will have 1 change then. Hope that's not a problem. :nervous:

Speaking for myself, I don't have any rpoblem with 1 switch if needed.
By the way, you have very nice photos.
👍

White/Black looks badass. But as posted - it exists. And it should be possible to get you one. :sly:
The 0/0/0 is a lucky glitch. I got a DLC painted Corvette from a friend in 0/0/0 condition. It happens... :)

A car with painted standard rims in 1/0/0 condition is absolutely no problem... My opinion.

Monatsende,
I like your color scheme as well ... thanks for the explanation.
👍

Speaking for myself, I don't have any rpoblem with 1 switch if needed.
By the way, you have very nice photos.
👍

Thank you, and glad it's no problem.

Okay. The cars will have one change then if no bugs happen, as I install the rims and visit the photo travel to take a few shots (that will make it easier to imagine how the car actually looks).

One of the Audi R8s has cool stock wheels you could try painting?

Yes, I have this one in my mind too. Forgot to add it to the list. Maybe some black or chrome could look good on the 4.2 wheels. :)

One of the Audi R8s has cool stock wheels you could try painting?

Only problems with that is only 2 Audi R8s can be traded.
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
Chat soon bye for now.:)

In this OP some have tried on cars already but am only saying that these cars apparently work and not sure what others do or do not work.?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227796

Last edited:
Only problems with that is only 2 Audi R8s can be traded.
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09

In this OP some have tried on cars already but am only saying that these cars apparently work and not sure what others do or do not work.?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227796

I think he was talking about these R8s because they are the only Premium ones.

Thanks for the link, I've seen that thread earlier but forgot about it. It looks like it mostly works on cheaper Japanese cars (not sure if that's because they were mostly tested), anyway, I'll try all planned cars and see if they work.

I think he was talking about these R8s because they are the only Premium ones.

Thanks for the link, I've seen that thread earlier but forgot about it. It looks like it mostly works on cheaper Japanese cars (not sure if that's because they were mostly tested), anyway, I'll try all planned cars and see if they work.

Hope they do mate you look like you will have some customers if you get more than the cars in the other thread.LOL:D
Plus the more interesting the stock wheel the better the car is in my opinion.
Like the Maserati they are very distinctive?

Plus another thing you could try to maybe help keep it 0/0/0 is when you have painted the RIMS of stock wheels.
Go into an online room and then change into another car, Then when you come back to the car in your garage It may have a chance of staying 0/0/0 in your garage.:)
Its only a theory, So its up to you to try it?
That might be how some are keeping them triple zero?

P.S My Maserati looks great with the Black stock rims. Even better in 0/0/0. :D
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230642

Hope they do mate you look like you will have some customers if you get more than the cars in the other thread.LOL:D
Plus the more interesting the stock wheel the better the car is in my opinion.
Like the Maserati they are very distinctive?

Plus another thing you could try to maybe help keep it 0/0/0 is when you have painted the RIMS of stock wheels.
Go into an online room and then change into another car, Then when you come back to the car in your garage It may have a chance of staying 0/0/0 in your garage.:)
Its only a theory, So its up to you to try it?
That might be how some are keeping them triple zero?

P.S My Maserati looks great with the Black stock rims. Even better in 0/0/0. :D
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230642

So you got the car, painted the rims, changed the tuning sheet, took it on a photo travel and it's STILL 0/0/0? Lucky guy :lol:

After reading the whole thread, I think it'll be difficult to find working cars... most seem to be prevented from that glitch. Anyway, I'll try everything, mess around with settings, maybe it depends on special things like the (kind of?) colour, the tuning rim you use, if the car has other tuning modifications, stuff like this... I hope I'll get at least some cars working.

So you got the car, painted the rims, changed the tuning sheet, took it on a photo travel and it's STILL 0/0/0? Lucky guy :lol:

No mate it came to me thru a trade.:D On the link provided.:)
And yes it looks really nice with Black wheels.

My theory on how they stay 0/0/0 is just a shot in the dark mate.
Its only when you get out of the car it puts a change/switch on it.
Thats why I say do what you have to do, Take photos,change colours and then try go online and change into another car. That may not then allow the car to get a switch/change.?
Just a theory tho.:D

Yes those were the 2 i ment, Its a pity this doesnt work for standard cars, id really like gold chrome wire rims on my cougar.

Thats why I say do what you have to do, Take photos,change colours and then try go online and change into another car. That may not then allow the car to get a switch/change.?

Even if this is true, it won't work because I'm using an old update so I can't play online. Good idea though, will try this when I get back to 2.01. :)

Yes those were the 2 i ment, Its a pity this doesnt work for standard cars, id really like gold chrome wire rims on my cougar.

Haha, yes, that'd be awesome. Also, some black wheels on a Tommykaira ZZ-II would look good... and well, there are tons of standards that could need some aftermarket or at least painted rims.

Just saw this post, i collect cars like this and was wondering if youd willing to trade for it or dupe it with me, i already have 2 like this and recently created another with a differnt type of glitch.

If you have 2.00 you can't go into an online lobby (right?), or would changing to the car, taking photos etc., then quitting the game, updating to 2.01 and then go into an online lobby work?
In that case you would only be able to get one car at a time, then have to downgrade again, etc.

Edit: What KiroKai said... damn I'm slow.

I already have 2 like this and recently created another with a different type of glitch.

What are you talking about ...? Can you be a bit more understandable please? :P

Edit: What KiroKai said... damn I'm slow.

Never mind, I should have seen that point earlier as well.

I'm out for today, see you tomorrow morning then. I'm curious about the new posts in the meantime... keep this thread living please! :)

Even if this is true, it won't work because I'm using an old update so I can't play online. Good idea though, will try this when I get back to 2.01. :)

If you could get back to up date before the spec2.1 or some where near there with updates or something like that then its got possiblities.?
From what I gather its got fixed with the 2.1 update.?
Buts it only theorys anyway.
Plus its like you say do all you can then update and see what happens when you get in a lobby.?
Maybe thats why they are only a few about ATM because it could be a slow process to keep them 0/0/0?

Just saw this post, i collect cars like this and was wondering if youd willing to trade for it or dupe it with me, i already have 2 like this and recently created another with a differnt type of glitch.

I would love to trade but am that far traded its unbeliveable.
Some where into the new year. :lol: :crazy:
Even thought of getting a 2nd PS just to cut back on my trades.:D
Chat soon mate bye for now.:)

Last edited:
What are you talking about ...? Can you be a bit more understandable please? :P

Never mind, I should have seen that point earlier as well.

I'm out for today, see you tomorrow morning then. I'm curious about the new posts in the meantime... keep this thread living please! :)
Oh sorry lol, i ment i have 2 0/0 glitch cars and recently i bought a celica rally car with UCD miles, it had something like 23,000 miles then i tuned and such and raced it and when i changed car the miles reset to 7.5 miles and the switch disappeared.

@christara, i dont suppose theres much chance you could cancel 1?

Back