Your Time for the Ferriari races?

Me again... still looking for that perfect lap.

Eifel
F07 1:52.010
F10 1:55.825

Dude! You're like a whole 10 seconds faster than me in 2007 on that track! Let me guess, you're using a wheel and are just really good at it? My DS3 won't let me get to those times I think. Either that or I'm just too darn old and slowed down to do it(slower reaction time that is). Rock on!

Dude! You're like a whole 10 seconds faster than me in 2007 on that track! Let me guess, you're using a wheel and are just really good at it? My DS3 won't let me get to those times I think. Either that or I'm just too darn old and slowed down to do it(slower reaction time that is). Rock on!
G27
52yrs old...

Love the Ferrari F1s, by far the best cars in GT5 👍

Have not been able to finish a lap on any of them due to being punted off every single time. Gave up and in a fit deleted all 5 of my Ferrari F1s.

Have not been able to finish a lap on any of them due to being punted off every single time. Gave up and in a fit deleted all 5 of my Ferrari F1s.
I'd say keep at it but you've already s-canned your F1s... :grumpy:
Personally, I think I've found the sweet spot of this game. I've been experimenting with no drivers aids, makes for high drama but geez are these cars a thrill to toss around on the knifes edge. With no drivers aids, they react more like the FGT.
I can put a couple of solid 1:52s in but I'm spinning for a lot of those 10 laps.
With ABS1, TC1 I can catch and lap the field by the 8th lap, 7th with no mistakes.

1:51.323 @ Eifel

^:bowdown:
If you get down to 1:50:000 you should get a reward of some sort. I feel like I'm on the razors edge as it is and have yet to surpass 2:00:000! I wish I could watch a replay of one of those times of yours.

I'd say keep at it but you've already s-canned your F1s... :grumpy:
Personally, I think I've found the sweet spot of this game. I've been experimenting with no drivers aids, makes for high drama but geez are these cars a thrill to toss around on the knifes edge. With no drivers aids, they react more like the FGT.
I can put a couple of solid 1:52s in but I'm spinning for a lot of those 10 laps.
With ABS1, TC1 I can catch and lap the field by the 8th lap, 7th with no mistakes.

1:51.323 @ Eifel

Saved a level 24 ticket tho.👍
Pretty embarassing for a guy known as a Rocky Mountain Tifosi!
If those events are still there in May, when I get home from work, I'll have another go.

^:bowdown:
If you get down to 1:50:000 you should get a reward of some sort. I feel like I'm on the razors edge as it is and have yet to surpass 2:00:000! I wish I could watch a replay of one of those times of yours.
I always save my last session but I am clueless as to how to post it here? If someone can walk me thru it, I'd be happy to oblige.

I turned off all drivers aids to try and get to 1:50 but have only been able to match my best times with ABS1/TC1.
Both Ferraris are very unforgiving with out aids, especially the F10. Touch the grass, sit & spin...

Also trying to achieve a 19min Eifel. That is a real achievement.
Best so far: 19:08:xx.xx

1:51.102

Last edited:
I was getting nowhere in my coffee table & DFGT setup, 12th or in the sand mostly, couldn't turn hard as the whole table would move. Now with the Thrustmaster T500RS and Playseat GT5 Edition, Golded Tokyo and Nurburgring with all assists off and Soft racing tyres. I love these races they really improved my driving skill more than the rest of the A spec put together ( not done the Vettel challenge yet).

Been turning consitant 1:30 to 1:35's and a one time 1:29ish on Suzuka. The F2007 wears out very fast and just an oil change helps only for so long. Very nice race for grinding on and buying new cars.

I think most people in this thread must be using racing softs. If you want more of a challenge stick to hard tires. I found I was still 2-3 secons a lap faster than the Ai, but it wasn't a give me race.

Just did Suzuka today:

Max Downforce
Transmission 217mph
Racing Hards
all else stalk

Aids: ABS 1, TCS off, SRF off, ASM off.

Best lap was 1:38.xx My average lap was in the 1:39.xx range. I went off course about lap 2 or 3. The AI built up about a 18 second lead. I thought I was done for, but then noticed my lap times were improving and I was beginning to gain 2-3 seconds per lap. I passed first on the 8th lap then lost the lead on the straight on the front straight on lap 10 (The max downforce on my car seemed to give the AI the advantage on this straight). I easily regained the lead on the esses.

Racing a close race in these cars is almost too nerve racking. I was literally shaking by the end and my pulse was up to about 120. It's hard to believe that somebody can drive one of these in real life for over 2 hours straight. I'm wiped after 2 x 10 lap sessions and that's without any G-forces.

Last edited:
I will do that and see what times I come up with. I have run it so much on softs I will probably get my feelings hurt. Will report back this evening.:nervous:
1:36.628 best lap
1:39.227 average
It does make it more competative at first. But once you get up front there is no catching up of the AI. Unless you screw up. No more 15 second correction time, lol

Last edited:
If you're looking for a challenge against the AI its going to take a lot more of a handicap than hard tires. Knock the horsepower down to 500 combined with RHs. Just tried this @ Tokyo: Crashed back to last on opening lap while overtaking. Still cleared the field by L3, lapping in the 1:14s. Dropping down to 400hp now. Stay tuned...

@ 400hp & RHs
Fun challenge.
Again crashed back to last on L1
Cleared field on L5
Finished 1.7 sec. ahead, lapping in the 1:17s

Next: dropping down all the way to 50% power = 360hp

@ 360hp & RHs
This was really a fun challenge, but same results.
P1 on L6
1.2 sec. ahead at finish. lapping 1:18s. They were nipping at my heals for 10 laps. Had to repass after turn 1 several times as I would run out of steam on the straight.

Bottom line is AI are a joke. Maybe with snow tires next? :indiff:

Tried Tokyo yesterday. Spun a couple times and was never able to even get back to 12th place. I was unlucky enough to spin just before the main straight. The area had a concrete wall on each side and I ended up across the track. I felt like one of the Three Stooges trying to get turned in the right direction. It must have taken me about 40 seconds of back and forth to get the car facing down the track again.

After that I was able to do some laps with no AI blocking my way. I believe my best was 1:18.xx. I was gaining on the lead car every lap after my spin so I'm sure I can win it if I just stay on track. I find it really hard not to hit the walls in the final section. That turn before the hairpin is really difficult to go full out. I can actually make it around in 6th (about 150mph I think) but at that speed it's so hard to keep it from bouncing off the barriers. The exit from that turn is just so narrow.

That's max downforce, top speed 217, no suspension tweeks and RH tires

All aids off except for ABS set to 1 (SRF off).

Race Hards @50%/360hp

Nurburgring GP @ 50% power
P1 on L8, 0.8sec. gap - this was a real knock-down drag-out dogfight 👍

Indy Road Course @ 50% power
P1 on L5, 4.8sec. gap - easy-peasy, good fight thru field until I took lead then AI caved.

Sazuka Circuit @ 50% power
Much different story here. This track makes me sweat @ 50%
Can take P1 thru esses but can't hold on to it down the straight unless I play bumper car.
Very Very good challenge. 👍

Eifel Circuit @ 50% power
Same old story... no contest.
P1 by last corner of L1
8sec. gap

Raining cats & dogs here in NorCal so I'm grinding Eifel back at full strength.

Goal was consistant fast laps with minimal mistakes to break the 19min. barrier with the F2007.

Mission accomplished.

Total Time: 18:51.550
Fast Lap: 1:50.744

Sub 1:50 may be possible, but it would have to be a perfect lap. Looking at replays of my best laps there maybe be a few /10s left but not much. I experimented with a low downforce set-up but it just upset the car too much in the corners. Nailing apexes, (not top speed) is the key to fast times.
DSC00084-1.jpg

DSC00086-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow those are great times dude. I have trouble getting lower than 2 mins a lap. Although I have gotten as low as 1:57 a couple of times.

DA__dogg
Wow those are great times dude. I have trouble getting lower than 2 mins a lap. Although I have gotten as low as 1:57 a couple of times.

Just takes seat time. I've got over 100 races logged in the F2007 & F2010 and probably half of those are @ Eifel. That's over 500 laps @ Eifel.
Thought I had the elusive 1:50 lap today. On lap 9, I caught the field in the last series of corners and was able to get a good draft off several back markers. I crossed the line @ over 220mph!

Result was a 1:50.056 ... So close but no cigar.

Last edited:
Ok I have a question, it's probably dolt but, here goes. If I am turning low 1:30's on Suzuka with my F2007 then when the race is over and the clock says 15 to 16 minutes does that mean my average lap times are 1:50 and 1:60ish. If so why? Turning low to mid 30's wouldn't that mean my race time should be 13 or so minutes?

I always save my last session but I am clueless as to how to post it here? If someone can walk me thru it, I'd be happy to oblige.

I turned off all drivers aids to try and get to 1:50 but have only been able to match my best times with ABS1/TC1.
Both Ferraris are very unforgiving with out aids, especially the F10. Touch the grass, sit & spin...

Also trying to achieve a 19min Eifel. That is a real achievement.
Best so far: 19:08:xx.xx

1:51.102

I too have to do it :bowdown:

I just cant get it under 2 mins, and that is with tcs at 3 no other aids. Half the time it just feels like i'm sliding round the corners.

Heaps good times lads & ladettes...
I've only managed Eiffel times of 2'00'760 F2007 & 2'02'350 F10 'Controller'
(Racing Hards)

Edit - I have since managed 1'56'888 with racing softs. hats off to these sub 1'50'000 times.

Last edited:
Wow dude nice. I ran this event today for the first time in weeks and got my best lap down to 2:00.256. Do you use a wheel? Cause if you use a controller like me and get those times then damn lol....

Wow dude nice. I ran this event today for the first time in weeks and got my best lap down to 2:00.256. Do you use a wheel? Cause if you use a controller like me and get those times then damn lol....
Definitely with a wheel. I started GT5 using the DS3 and quickly figured that I'd need a wheel because my dexterity is just not what it needs to be. I'm 52yo and never played video games until GT5. I have a whole lot more experience with a wheel though IRL. At this point, I doubt I could even log on with a controller :dunce:

Awesome. Rock on dude. I want a wheel so sometime I got to get one from Logitech online. I'm looking at the DFGT.

Awesome. Rock on dude. I want a wheel so sometime I got to get one from Logitech online. I'm looking at the DFGT.
Unless you were born and raised with a controller in your hand, a good quality wheel is the way to go for the fastest times.
After 200+ laps @ Eifel, I'm still looking for .044 sec. to get that 1:50.00

My best indy time with the f2007 was 1:08.7xx I believe average lap time being in the low 1:10.xxx using DSC with ABS=1 and TCS=3. Total race time is around the 12:0x.xxx (cant remember)

Have been using TCS=2 lately and still getting used to it and only running once per day im only down to 1:10.2xx I think

What are the top indy times with the F2007

Latest Posts

Back