Your Top 5 Need For Speed Games

• Thread starter silentjag1
  • 186 comments
1. Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998): Really fun, lots of replayability value. Tracks aren't nearly as wacky as II. I guess it also helps that I grew up primarily playing this one.

2. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010): Although it's essentially a Burnout game, it still captures a lot of the feeling of the original era of Need For Speed - Exotic cars in exotic locations.

3. Need For Speed: Carbon: Many call this inferior to Most Wanted (2005) but there are quite a few things about it that I like over that game. Cars are split up into three defined tiers and classes which I think makes things a little more organized in car selection. Street racing tends to be a night thing (I'm a little confused as to why Most Wanted took place during the daytime.) No drag racing (that was mildly annoying in Underground 1 & 2, but insufferable in Most Wanted). I also thought the canyon races were an interesting challenge as well. I've beaten this game five times, as opposed to Most Wanted which I haven't beaten once. It just feels like there's less tedium in this game.

4. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012): There were a few wacky things they did with this game, with the "upgrades" and the fact that it's very stunt-oriented (billboards, loads of jumps, lots of areas off the main road to explore) but I feel it worked out well. I got this game last month and I found it to be really fun. The entire place felt like a playground, something that none of the previous installments never really felt like. If I would've been like 9 or 10 when I got this game, I'm willing to bet this would've been my favorite in the series.

5. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2: Lots of cool cars, lots of summer fun. A lot of progress I made on this game was made when I was 9 and it proved on the difficult side to a point. To this day, I haven't unlocked everything in that game, but I have beaten the Ultimate Racer event tree (seemed to be easier running from cops than without them).

In order (best to less best) my top 5 would be:

1. Need for Speed Underground 2
2. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit II (PS2 version, fun physics)
3. Need for Speed High Stakes
4. Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit
5. Need for Speed II

1. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010
2. Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012
3. Need for Speed Pro Street
4. Need for Speed High Stakes
5. Need for Speed Rivals

1. Shift 2: Unleashed- Slightly Mad Studios improved the gameplay despite the bad handling model. Also they were able to feature drivers like Patrick Söderlund(He used to drive for Team NFS in N24), Jamie Campbell Walter(FIA GT Champion), Mad Mike Whidett(Formula D), Tommy Milner, etc.
2. NFS Most Wanted '05- This game is the last great NFS game that BlackBox made.
3. NFS Carbon- A sequel to Most Wanted plus it catches inspiration from FnF Tokyo Drift with canyon races.
4. NFS Rivals- Despite BlackPanthaa's whining about this game is bad, I still think this game is cool despite being glitchy(I still never encountered a glitch in Rivals) and also, its Hot Pursuit 4 with new cars, weapons, etc.
5. NFS High Stakes- The first game to feature tuning.

1. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
2. Need For Speed Most Wanted
3. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010
4. Need For Speed Rivals
5. Need For Speed Underground 2

As you can tell, I prefer the true NFS games than the tuner fest ones.

1. Need for speed underground
2. Need for speed udnerground 2
3. Need for speed most wanted
4. Need for speed porsche 2000
5. Need for speed the run

1.NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
2.NFS Underground 2
3.NFS Porsche Unleashed (console version)
4.NFS Underground 1
5.NFS Shift 2 Unleashed/NFS The Run

1. Need For Speed IV High Stakes (1999) on PS1
2. Need For Speed III Hot Pursuit (1998) on PS1
3. Need For Speed II (1996) on PS1 (I Played the Special Edition on PC too)
4. Need For Speed Underground 2 (2004) on PS2
5. Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) on PS2

5 - Hot Pursuit 2
4 - Underground 2
3 - Most Wanted (2012)
2 - Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed (The first game is pure fun, and is my third most used game in a emulator)
1 - Carbon

1. Hot Pursuit 2 - one of the best racing games ever made, IMO
2. NFS II - best car lineup of any game of its era, and those tracks were insane. Hugely underrated soundtrack too (same goes for III).
3. NFS III - much improved graphics & physics, but lacking II's charm
4. Most Wanted (2005) - dumb, stereotypical early '00s street racer concept but insanely fun to play
5. Porsche Unleashed - almost as good as SCEE's own Porsche Challenge. The car selection sold me.

My top 5 would be:

1. Underground 2
2. Most Wanted
3. Shift
4. Hot Pursuit (2010)
5. I never played any other NFS games other than the ones I listed above so I can't really put any other NFS title in the number 5 spot.

I listed the games in order so Underground 2 is my favorite.

So what are your Top 5 NFS games and you don't have to list all 5 if you did not play more than 5 NFS games.
1.Most Wanted
2.Underground 2

They are 2 of my favorite racing games ever..

My list would be:

5th: NFS Underground 1;
4th: NFS Hot Pursuit 2010;
3rd: NFS ProStreet;
2nd: NFS Most Wanted 2005;
1st: NFS Underground 2;

1. Carbon
2. Most Wanted (2005)
3. Underground 2
4. Undercover
5. Pro Street

Also played Hot Pursuit 2, Shift 2, Hot Pursuit (2010), The Run and Most Wanted (2012).

1. The original "The Need for Speed" *Had about 9 cars I think*
2. NFS Porsche Unleashed
3. NFS Underground
4. NFS III: Hot Pursuit (the original PS1 version)
5. NFS 4: High Stakes (Despite the arcadey model had great tracks, car roster and soundtrack)

NFS games i love in NO ORDER:

NFS Most Wanted 2005
NFS UnderGround 2
NFS Shift
NFS Pro Street
NFS Carbon

I also like other NFS games too.

This is a great thread.

I wish EA would re-release the original NFS - same location and cars plus more tracks and cars, all ready to comply with current gen and a sim model that boggles the mind!

Back