Your Top 5 Need For Speed Games

• Thread starter silentjag1
  • 186 comments
1. Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
2. High Stakes (PS1)
3. Underground 2 (PS2)
4. Most Wanted (2005, PS2)
5. Underground (PS2)

It's really hard to put them in the right order...

1) Nfs Hot Pursuit 2 (PC)
2) Underground 2 (Gamecube)
3) Most wanted (Gamecube)
4) Underground 1 (PC)
5) nfs 3: hot pursuit (pc)

For me it's actually not hard at all:

1) Need for Speed: High Stakes (PS1)
2) Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2005 (PS2)
3) Need for Speed II (PS1)
4) Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 (PS3)
5) Need for Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)

I'm gonna get flamed for placing Underground 2 so low, and for rating HP2010 higher than it, but let's face it: Underground 2 is overrated. I like Hot Pursuit 2010, in fact I think it's one of the most underrated games I've ever played. Most likely nothing will ever beat my Top 3 but I hope Need for Speed 2015 (now officially confirmed to be called just "Need for Speed") drops my jaw.

Funny how EA have the Porsche license (or did that expire?) and they still haven't released a sequel to NFS Porsche Unleashed. That game was amazing at more levels than I care to remember!

Funny how EA have the Porsche license (or did that expire?) and they still haven't released a sequel to NFS Porsche Unleashed. That game was amazing at more levels than I care to remember!
I just got it on PC and I have to agree. So much fun to play it! I can't believe it has fully mechanical damage and everything. Game looks alright for a 2000 game.

I just got it on PC and I have to agree. So much fun to play it! I can't believe it has fully mechanical damage and everything. Game looks alright for a 2000 game.

For a 2000 game, it had killer visuals and audio to boot. And let's not forget the physics. Reminded me a lot of the very first "The Need for Speed". GOOD times!

For a 2000 game, it had killer visuals and audio to boot. And let's not forget the physics. Reminded me a lot of the very first "The Need for Speed". GOOD times!
It was a hell of a lot of fun to play. Only issue is that the game :censored:s itself when I try to run Bandicam with it.

Bandicam...what's that??
The recording software I use. It's free but has a 10 minute per recording time limit and a watermark. You can pay for unlimited recording time and to remove the watermark (around $20). Link: http://www.bandicam.com/

Works with pretty much every game and is the best recording software I've tried. For free at least.

Only NFSPE doesn't work because the game just goes to a black screen, but if you turn off Bandicam it works fine.

1. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
2. NFS Underground 2 (PS2)
3. NFS Underground (PS2)
4. NFS III: Hot Pursuit (PC)
5. NFS Carbon (PS2/Wii) (Yes, I had both versions)

Why do I get the feeling it's going to be the same NFS... generally 'destructive' gameplay with cars sliding around every corner.

I'd like to see the developers truly get in touch with their roots - like a rebooted version of the original NFS, with all the modern-day bells and whistles gaming tech has to offer.

I'd like to see the developers truly get in touch with their roots - like a rebooted version of the original NFS, with all the modern-day bells and whistles gaming tech has to offer.

Isn't that what Hot Pursuit 2010 was supposed to be? It had controversial physics though.

ALL NFS games have had bizarre physics and themes focused on smashing things and sliding around. Except for NFS 1 and 5. PU is one of their best products, IMHO.

1) NFS II
2) NFS Porsche Unleashed (PC)
3) NFS I
4) NFS Porsche Unleashed (PSX)
5) NFS III

Honorable mention: NFS Underground

Out of those I ever played at some point:
NFS Carbon
NFS Most Wanted
NFS Underground 2
NFS ProStreet
All of them are the PS2 version. May be innacurate because I don't own (and thus play) NFS MW for years and I'm in the middle of playing Carbon.

Would be nice if there was a poll to gauge the most favourite NFS games but the OP hasn't been online in 3 years so that's never going to happen.

1. Road &Track presents: The Need for Speed.
The game that made the biggest impression on me when It came out.

2. Need for Speed Porsche.
I love the way we follow Porsche through history from the 50's up to 2000. The more powerful 911's where a handfull to drive with their heavy asses.

3. I don't know... I've played moste of them except some from their later installments but none stands out.

I played Nfs 2 a lot and enjoyed it but don't remember to much.

Both of Nfs3 Hot Pursuit and High Stakes I played to death. I will say that I remember Hot Pursuit the most probably because I played it first. High Stakes was more of the same and I enjoyed it at least as much as Hot Pursuit.

The Underground series came and went with the Fnf craze. I don't mind customisation options but in Underground it's forced on you, and 90% of the parts are **** ugly.

Most Wanted and Carbon I played a lot, maybe Carbon stands out as the better of these two.

Then Pro Street and Shift series came with closed track racing. They where okay but nothing special, and the first Shift was probably the one I played the most.

I tried Undercover but never bought it.

The Run was a fun concept but they blew it. It was to short and stupid and they played it to safe I think to stand out.

Then the reboot stuff came and I played the new Hot Pursuit but got bored quickly. Never tried the rest of them.

Got the last one, and I am enjoying it so far.

Nice thread

01) Need for Speed hot Pursuit 2 (PlayStation 2)

20071721218_nfs6-BMW-M5.jpg

2) Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit (PlayStation 1)

Need-for-Speed-III-Hot-Pursuit-screenshot-need-for-speed-34040082-800-600.jpg

3) Need for Speed: The Run (PlayStation 3)

maxresdefault.jpg

04) Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 3 (PlayStation 3)

hot-pursuit-gameplay.jpg

05) Need for Speed Most Wanted (PlayStation 2)

maxresdefault.jpg

I played em all, except NFS (the first one) and the first Shift. I played Underground 2 a few years after its release, so I loved Underground 1 way more.

I partucularry loved The Run, I know it's weird, but i still think it was a good idea. I would like a sequel in Europe.

I really didn't like Rivals at all (PS4)

1. Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012
2. Need for Speed Shift 2
3. Need for Speed PU
4. Need for Speed 2015
5. Need for Speed Underground 2

Well I think it's about time I post my list.

1. Underground 2. Is and always has been my most favorite NFS game for many reasons. One of the most notable for me was the customization's which I think it somewhat outranks any other NFS game in that field and the fact I could run free in explore mode without having to worry about any of them stupid cops getting in the way. I actually didn't mind the fact it was always dark and that you had to customize to continue through the game. There is so much more I can type here about this game. Been a very LONG time since I have actively played it again, but one day I plan to get back into it and finish what I started long ago.

2. Carbon. This game is beyond legendary for me. Many games come and go for me over the years, but this is one that never really phases out for me, even now. It has a great car list and customization, the introduction of autosculpt as well as the ability to move vinyls around took it to a new level. I was pleased to see it was set at night again kind of like Underground 2 was. While the career was short, it was pretty interesting along with it continuing where Most Wanted left off and once it is done, you of course have the reward cards which kept me busy for quite a while and despite the challenges, the rewards for completing them was well worth it. (They let you drive a fire truck and civic cruiser for crying out loud!) The cops were less annoying than they were in Most Wanted which was great to me since I don't really like cops. Started out with the PS2 version and later got the PS3 version, but I have yet to play it. Still a great game to this day!

3. Undercover. I got the PS2 version and I actually loved this game a lot. (Unpopular opinion I know) It was actually the last NFS game I ever truly enjoyed. The game was pretty laid back, career was easy (Although short), customization's were good, and the cops weren't bad at all, I mean you drive by them and they won't chase you unless you hit them and if you do, they are super easy evade compared to the older titles. The car list was satisfying and the fact it had the Zonda and the CCX was like the icing on the cake for me. (I have a CCX I absolutely love driving enough to were it often brings me back to the game again :D) I got a lot of enjoyment out of doing chasedown mode with the cop cars when I finished the career and it's still fun to play it again even now. It brings back sweet memories from my early high school years just to play it again.

4. Prostreet. I started out with the PS2 version and I didn't like it much at first, I thought it was confusing and the fact it had no street racing or free roam turned me off for a while. However I played it some more and I was impressed by the rather large car list and the customization's. Those two things kept me playing and I eventually accepted the fact it wasn't street racing and I enjoyed it. A few years later, I watched some Youtube videos and I noticed the car list was even bigger on the PS3 version and it was faster when customizing, so I bought it to relive the fun on a better console and I still do not regret it! :D

5. Most Wanted (2005). Never has been a favorite for me, but I still enjoyed it right much on my PS2 and I prefer it over many other NFS titles I have played in recent years. After playing Underground 2 a lot, I was pleased to see super cars in the game, I remember driving my Gallardo for the first time and loving the engine sound. Wasn't too impressed with the customization's at all especially since you can only add 1 vinyl, but it was better than nothing. The story line was great and it did provide a great challenge that could keep me busy for a while. One perk this game has that no other manages to provide well is hacks. It becomes much more interesting when you hack the game to get hidden cars as well as some that weren't even met to be driven. (Like the Black Edition cars, traffic cars, cop cars and even the police helicopter) This game wasn't a favorite, but I still it like anyway.

Honorable mention: Underground. Got this one shortly after getting Underground 2 and it didn't get played much since I was addicted to some other games at the time, but I did like it and one day I hope to continue were I left off almost a decade ago because I know it will be worth my time.

Yea I am pretty much all about the 2nd gen NFS games and they have always been my favorite. I have barely played the 1st gen and I haven't liked any of the titles they have done since Shift. I have faith in the new release though and that is the first time I have had total confidence for an NFS title since the release of Undercover. I got it recently and have yet to play it since I don't have a PS4 yet, but I have a feeling it may become part of this list later on. :)

Last edited:
I really loved Undercover too
Glad to see I am not alone. In my even more unpopular opinion, I actually prefer the PS2 version. I have seen videos of the PS3 version and it seems like a modern day reboot of it, but truthfully I am not really impressed by it and it just doesn't seem to fit in with the other games I mentioned here. (The car sounds is just one thing I could note)

Undercover was such a nice walk in the park for me that brings back a lot of sweet memories, I often have a hard time deciding if I like that or Carbon better. At the end of the day though, it's Carbon that got number 2 because it had more to offer and I find myself playing it again more often than Undercover, but Undercover is still great. :)

Back