Your Top 5 Need For Speed Games

• Thread starter silentjag1
  • 186 comments
Glad to see I am not alone. In my even more unpopular opinion, I actually prefer the PS2 version. I have seen videos of the PS3 version and it seems like a modern day reboot of it, but truthfully I am not really impressed by it and it just doesn't seem to fit in with the other games I mentioned here. (The car sounds is just one thing I could note)

Undercover was such a nice walk in the park for me that brings back a lot of sweet memories, I often have a hard time deciding if I like that or Carbon better. At the end of the day though, it's Carbon that got number 2 because it had more to offer and I find myself playing it again more often than Undercover, but Undercover is still great. :)

Never played Ps2 version, but i really liked the game. The city was nice, good car list, very nice music/menus and even some tuning.

I ate that game, unfortunately didn't get Platinum trophy because of an event (can't remember well, it was to Dominate in white something)

Need for Speed: Carbon
Need for Speed II
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012.

Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Need For Speed (2015)
Need For Speed Rivals
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010

Need for Speed: High Stakes/Road Challenge
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (1998)
Need for Speed: V Rally 2
Need for Speed: Underground

-High Stakes
-Porsche Unleashed
-Underground 2
-Undercover
-Pro Street (was somewhat decent).

I can't think of any other. NFS titles seemed to have gone downhill after Underground 2. Undercover was the only decent one after it.

The new one is (with all respect) just a super nice and shiny turd. Don't get me wrong; the game looks and sounds stunning, but... that's it. The rest stinks. Online only? Not even being able to choose MANUAL transmission? Cheesy cutscenes full of characters that are absolutely annoying "bottles of water and vinegar", rubber band A.I, and the list of typical NFS annoyances goes on. It does not surprise me though. Shift 1 was the last insult that I played before deciding to give up on this franchise.

Last edited:

• Porsche Unleashed PC (2000): Wonderful game design, wonderful controls (best FFB I've hever had in a racing game, no joke) and sounds, and generally a game that gave the brand the ultimate amount of respect that it deserved.
    • Hot Pursuit PSX (1998): Fantastic course design. Nicely varied car selection. Kick ass soundtrack. Huge amounts of replayability. Great UI and tons of bonus features that show that the entire thing was clearly a labor of love.
    • Hot Pursuit II PS2 (2002): All of the stuff that the first game did, but the attention to detail in the game just wasn't as high as the original (and the courses weren't varied enough, with too many variations of the same core areas).
    • Underground II (2004): Cool open world environment. Unparalleled car modification and performance tuning. A lot of different modes and options for racing, all of them integrated into the game really well. Pretty good physics, nicely expanded upon from the engine used in Hot Pursuit II. Really impressive looking graphics which really helped the sensation of speed. Main letdown of this one was that the soundtrack was so inferior to the first one, and the overall production values weren't as high as the original either.
    • Most Wanted Black Edition PC (2005): Basically Underground II with some Hot Pursuit II-style cars filtered in. Physics are occasionally kind of wonky, but it has police chases again, a decent amount of customization and more really cool events (sadly no more drag racing, though). Also has a really cool progression system.

+1

Back