Your worst driving habit(s):ouch:

Its the same with the hairpin turn in Seattle course.
I think you're doing this because as you go up the seattle straight, there's the jump's, and if you go up them too quickly, you get some air time. And I think it's just after that, the corner is. I seem to do the same thing. :(

I often underestimate the braking lenght, at the first turn on the Fuji Speedway after the long straight, which then sends my car into the lawn.

I also tend to buy cars at the second-hand dealers, just to buy them because they look cool, or could be fun to drive, but I never get to do anything to them, they just end up in my garage, until I sell them when cleaning up in the cars. Expensive habit!

I often underestimate the braking lenght, at the first turn on the Fuji Speedway after the long straight, which then sends my car into the lawn.

It's easy. Braking can be done in a mostly straight line here. You GOTTA pay attention to those meter-markers, tho, on the left side of the track.

I've noticed the Ai always overcompensates in this area. I can usually out-brake them into turn 1. :sly:

I also tend to buy cars at the second-hand dealers, just to buy them because they look cool, or could be fun to drive, but I never get to do anything to them, they just end up in my garage, until I sell them when cleaning up in the cars. Expensive habit!

Parnelli? *Guilty*

That's what I also do. But also sometimes I buy the same cars (knowing I'm not going to use them), but in another colour :crazy:

I always have a particular problem with the right hand turn on the harbour at Hong Kong. After the 1st turn hairpin, I quickly accelerate out, building up my speed, and EVERY time, I take it faster than I should, either bumping the outside wall and losing a second, or clipping the inside and losing tons of time. 👎

There are odd occasions when I get it right, and I feel hugely satisfied, yet next time I'll go round and make the mistake again.

I always have a particular problem with the right hand turn on the harbour at Hong Kong. After the 1st turn hairpin, I quickly accelerate out, building up my speed, and EVERY time, I take it faster than I should, either bumping the outside wall and losing a second, or clipping the inside and losing tons of time. 👎

There are odd occasions when I get it right, and I feel hugely satisfied, yet next time I'll go round and make the mistake again.

Yea, that's a tricky area....

;)

Tell me about it! I hate that track in general, choose the wrong gear for pretty much every corner.... :grumpy:

Bet you've missed me these past 9 months, must be good to have me back. ;)

Of course I've missed you. It's good to have you back. Getting someone back is like getting something back. Always good to get something back, however, sometimes it's even better to give something back. ;)

;)

Abit of Target Fixation, Where as, when following an A.I car, or even a car online in GT5P, i completely throw out all previouse knowledge of Breaking Points...

Generally thinking that my car can break the law of physics, and doesn't understeer at highspeed cornering..

I tend to buy cars at the second-hand dealers, just to buy them because they look cool, or could be fun to drive, but I never get to do anything to them, they just end up in my garage, until I sell them when cleaning up in the cars. Expensive habit!
Me to!!
I have 15 ae86's (5 of each)
I always buy the 10km bargains!!:guilty:

Probably the habit that annoys me the most is when I continually break for corners I KNOW I don't need to break for. This is especially the case when hurtling around Nurburgring :grumpy:

Probably the habit that annoys me the most is when I continually break for corners I KNOW I don't need to break for. This is especially the case when hurtling around Nurburgring :grumpy:

Do the license tests that feature the Nurb. Do them over and over with the giant racing line ON. You make this happen by pressing R3, I think. Or maybe it's L3. One of the mushroom sticks, anyways. 💡

Anyways, after awhile, you'll learn to brake sometimes way before the actual turn starts. 💡 Nurb is supposed to have a flow to it. The license tests can teach you this flow.

Do the license tests that feature the Nurb. Do them over and over with the giant racing line ON. You make this happen by pressing R3, I think. Or maybe it's L3. One of the mushroom sticks, anyways. 💡

That's only possible (pressing R3 to turn on the racing line) on National A and B licenses - the Nurburgring only really shows up after that. IB, IA and S

That's only possible (pressing R3 to turn on the racing line) on National A and B licenses - the Nurburgring only really shows up after that. IB, IA and S

There are some Nurb A tests, tho. I learned alot from A16, for instance. Enough to help me win my first race at the "Nurb (in the Pan/Euro events). Before doing the tests over and over, I was really at a loss. Check out the link below, which I made during my Nurb teething-pain period:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=94148&highlight=how+do+you+learn

A habit I used to have is ubering my way through sim mode. I abused the heck out of my Toyota RSC rallyraid car during that period, now I only use it for special conditions.

My biggest problem is that I look back too many times. It starts with checking where the AI are. Then because I always put on racing exhausts, I get distracted by the amazing sound. So I go off course a lot when I'm looking back. :ouch:

That's my biggest problem. I look back about 45% of the time. Another problem I have is when I get a new car, I'll switch to the outside view and brake too much to admire the taillights :D.

That's my biggest problem. I look back about 45% of the time. Another problem I have is when I get a new car, I'll switch to the outside view and brake too much to admire the taillights :D.

Haha, me and you are one and the same. I love flicking through to the outside view and just admiring the look of my car sometimes. And then suddenly I've plowed into a wall at 150mph. :ouch:

I still do this to this day when driving my beloved Skylines. I genuinely believe the taillights on the R34 Nissan Skyline are just , well... sexy aren't they?

Am I weird? :D

I don't know if it's mentioned, can't read thru 8 pages top to bottom.

Most of all, my biggest fail is the damn Test Track. I can't keep a steady line when going around those two damn big half oval turns. I've gotten so many tips, watched them on youTUBE, and I still struggle very badly with the Skyline Slipstream.

I can't wait to do that really tuned Honda S2000 Slipstream right after that. Oh boy, that's gonna be ridiculous

It's called be smooth and don't whip the analog stick around/smash the D-pad. Light taps on the pad or very small inputs on the stick are all that's needed.

The only time it is actually difficult to hold a line is when you have something very short wheelbase... In which case the car will constantly try to go out from underneath you.

When I do the Skyline slipstream, I have to mash the D-PAD crazy. I almost had it..my record is like negative 2 seconds and something..I couldn't believe it, I got the BANANA R34 IN MY SIGHTS !! Couldn't keep the draft going tho, it's a real challenge :X

I think with GT5, perhaps I will eventually get a wheel. I keep hearing how great the experience is and stuff. I don't know; maybe...maybe not.

Get a wheel. Trust me.
I have a GameStop wheel, got it for $30 :crazy: but I like it because it has sensitivity settings.:dopey:

Delibrately driving through the tire maze at each of the two Mulsanne chicanes because it's more fun than going round the chicane proper (though slower).

I do that sometimes:scared::nervous::crazy::ill:

My worst habit is trying to use the car in front of me as a brake at the end of long straightaways. Sometimes it will eliminate my stiffest competition, but usually I just fly into a wall and/or grass.

Also, fast-in, slow out...

Latest Posts

Back