Your worst driving habit(s):ouch:

My biggest problem is that I look back too many times. It starts with checking where the AI are. Then because I always put on racing exhausts, I get distracted by the amazing sound. So I go off course a lot when I'm looking back. :ouch:

I do exactly the same thing!! I've got into that much of a habit that I start looking back even when tuning my cars during free laps on the track. :crazy:

my worst habit is probably in rally stages (the grand canyon mainly) when my opponent is ahead by miles and i get so 🤬 off i some time try to drive off the edge cos im like whats the point or i get angry at the spectators cos there in the road i go,oi you 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 and i crash :banghead:

i swear alot lol

My problem at the moment is that I seem to be getting worse at this game. I have evidence (eg replays etc) to show that I'm 1.5-2 seconds slower than I was 2 years ago around GVS. This may be because I've broken my old pattern of doing half an hour on golding licence tests before a driving session.

Also, it takes me ages to get a decent time in a new car or tune, and I mean at least 5-10 laps at a 2-min circuit. It's only my enthusiasm and the helpful folks at gtplanet that keep me from giving up in sheer humiliation.

PF
My problem at the moment is that I seem to be getting worse at this game. I have evidence (eg replays etc) to show that I'm 1.5-2 seconds slower than I was 2 years ago around GVS. This may be because I've broken my old pattern of doing half an hour on golding licence tests before a driving session.

I'm actually getting better at it. All those hot laps around Motegi, as well as silver/golding the S-license, and other miscellaneous driving has made me improve. I did the Clubman the other week so I could win the Mazdaspeed, using my power-to-weight system (from my website), and killed it. :lol:
Also, it takes me ages to get a decent time in a new car or tune, and I mean at least 5-10 laps at a 2-min circuit. It's only my enthusiasm and the helpful folks at gtplanet that keep me from giving up in sheer humiliation.

This was true during the beginning of the TCV5 for me, but lately I'm finding I'm getting some of my best laps as soon as I get in the cars I've been testing.

Another habit I have is, when I'm on a straight section, either cycling through the views (and then returning to the bumper camera) or looking backwards. I suppose I do it to break up the monotony of driving straight with full throttle, but it's become almost unconscious and much more frequent than logic would dictate. Mostly, it's a harmless habit, but on a couple occasions, I've driven into a barrier (such as the end of the pit wall at Hong Kong :ouch:) while looking back.

By the way, even as a dedicated player for a couple of years, I'm still getting substantially better the longer I play. Performance on missions and license tests is a good way to measure that.

I have a bad habit too...

When driving especially during a hot lap, I always drive without thinking that I'm currently doing a hot lap. But when I remember that I'm currently doing a hot lap, I will either crash or make lots of mistake..... What is the wrong with me???

I have a bad habit too...

When driving especially during a hot lap, I always drive without thinking that I'm currently doing a hot lap. But when I remember that I'm currently doing a hot lap, I will either crash or make lots of mistake..... What is the wrong with me???

Ha! Just do hundreds of laps around the same track over the course of a few weeks like I have. Eventually, you get so relaxed with it (after dozens of botched laps & mistakes) you have no choice but to get better.

My worst habit is taking over the TV and starting my ps2, my bro gets so frustrated.

My worst DRIVING habit is trying to get the highest top speed, then looking back (when in car) and hearing the WHIIINNNNN of the airflow, then crashing and cursing because I have to start again! WAWAWAWAWAAAA!

I just re-started and am trying to get through the beginner events, I really don't feel like taking the time to do the lisence tests!

But my worst habit right now is B-specing EVERYTHING just to get the cash to build a new car for the next set of races to get through the beg. hall...

Ha! Just do hundreds of laps around the same track over the course of a few weeks like I have. Eventually, you get so relaxed with it (after dozens of botched laps & mistakes) you have no choice but to get better.

Yeah Parnelli... looks like I have to spend more time on track... Maybe coz of I'm a bit too nervous... Will do some more hot laps tonight and trying to get rid of this habit...

Kind regards,
Kidrauhl...

I always tend to send the dumb AIs off the track when i'm trying to lap them, and they push me off the track. I'll catch up with them, and spear them off the track. Always feels better after that :ouch:

I have a nasty habit of turning in too soon, even when I know the track perfectly well and I KNOW its a late apex and I STILL turn in too soon... bounce off the rail, go skidding across to the other side, and get passed by everyone else. I do it nearly all the time and celebrate enthusiastically whenever I managed to avoid it.

I have a nasty habit of turning in too soon, even when I know the track perfectly well and I KNOW its a late apex and I STILL turn in too soon... bounce off the rail, go skidding across to the other side, and get passed by everyone else. I do it nearly all the time and celebrate enthusiastically whenever I managed to avoid it.

Ouch!!! Now that's sooooo desprate!!! :crazy::crazy:

Especially in those 200-A Spec races in the final lap I just begin to knock everybody off at the right time (like the U-turn in Infineon sport) so that I don't get off as well so that I just get to the win, but afterwards I feel like a cheater :P

Go to a Spa, and relax, after all GT4 is just a game!
(A great game that is.)

Back