YSSMAN's Infinite Crisis: Blackest Night (Post #816)

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 828 comments
  • 52,189 views
I'm buying it!!!

2954577_1.jpg


My brother has to get home so I can grab the car and go, but otherwise, shes mine. Photos and such coming probably later tonight or early tomorrow! Huzzah!

Congrats. Those are my second favorite Celicas behind the Celica Supras. And white is definately a good color.
 
Get white wheels. Nobody has enough balls (or willingness to constantly clean) to pull off white wheels on a white car. I am certain it would look badass. That generation Celica is very bold and rarer here, so I definitely watch them roll by when I happen to see one. Congrats.
 
White on white? Honda did it.

dc2001.jpg


Ultimately, It's up to you, Brad.
 
And the dark powers have triumphed!
 
We don't get earthquakes in Florida much, and my calendar swears it's May. What's going on?

If I still worked for Toyota, Brad, I could have cleared you of prior sins. Cody, shall we perform an exorcism on his GM-ways? :lol:

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy it. Then in darker hours this weekend, do 3 laps of Nürburgring in the same car in GT4, and say a Hail Lexus.
 
Congratulations Bradley! Can't wait to hear first impressions. :D
 
Congrats! :) Enjoy the car!
 
Congrats on making the right choice! I'm biased though haha.

I'm very interested in hearing your impressions and thoughts on it.

Enjoy the new ride!
 
Thanks for the words guys... Shes currently sitting quietly outside my home:

1etb-1373793b8d9a97a3e434b67a9a4c8fd3.483784b3.jpg


A few things I've noticed in the less than twelve hours that shes been mine:

- The radio fuse is dead, so I'll need to replace that. My guess is that it popped after they changed the battery earlier this week

- When its clean, my God, its beautiful. I need to take lessons on how to make it look like this all the time...

- I need to get used to the shifter. I'm not missing gears or anything, I'm just too used to having to force it around like I did in the Jetta. A very slick setup they have in this one.

- I found some neat compartments today when poking around. The arm rest is perfectly sized to hold a few CD cases, and the cigarette ash thingamajig is perfect size for a cell phone (but because its backlit, I'm not going to keep it in there). And then there is the cubby holes on the dash as well.

- It really feels like a fighter jet when all the lights are on inside at night. Not having the radio, its just cool having it be quiet, and just driving around listening to everything.

- Oh, and for some reason, it seems like it takes extra effort to close the rear hatch. Just not what I'm used to I guess. Bonus is that it is huge and can carry pretty much everything I'd need it to.

Otherwise, I can't complain much. I got it on a pretty good deal, and things moved pretty fast this afternoon to get it. I'll update more as I get to know her better...

And sadly, I don't have a name for it yet.
 
Congrats!

- When its clean, my God, its beautiful. I need to take lessons on how to make it look like this all the time...

dude... dOOd... come on, it's white!? lol Stupid black... :banghead:
 
And sadly, I don't have a name for it yet.

Seems like a Stella to me.

By the way...the TOM'S wheels won't fit...I've never seen a four-bolt pattern wheel on a five-bolt hub.
 
It's not a bad-ass GM V8/V6, :sly: but congrats anyway. I'm just glad this thread has finally resolved itself.:p
 
Nice car, congratulations! We don't get Celicas over here.
 
Is it just me, or is this a 734-posts thread on what car some guy obsessed with a TV presenter and too much time on his hands wants for his next car?
 
The thread title lies, lies I tellz ya! Infinite crisis implies he'd be looking for a car til the day he dies.......lies!:sly:
 
Is it just me, or is this a 734-posts thread on what car some guy obsessed with a TV presenter and too much time on his hands wants for his next car?

From your own thread:

eiriksmil
Don't be a douchebag
Nobody like douchebags. There's no reason to just spam, make aggrovation, cause problems or trash a thread. Douchebags sooner or later ends up in the cellar, banned, often permanently. So why use hours of your precious life making meaningless comments? Exactly, it's a waste.
 
The thread title lies, lies I tellz ya! Infinite crisis implies he'd be looking for a car til the day he dies.......lies!:sly:

Crisis1.png


That's where the name came from. Sorry, I'm a comic-book nerd.
 
From your own thread:

I also stated that nobody are perfect.

Its JDM, you wouldn't understand.

Everything seems to be "JDM" these days. It's a turbo design wheel, pure and simple.

If you don't like these, you won't either like turbo-designs like Zender Turbos, 1pc Compomotives or Ronal Turbos, neither 2/3-piece units like split Compomotive THs and Schmidt Revolution TH-Lines. None of these are Japanese. Turbo-wheels were popular among French rally guys (and the rally crowd in general), though. JDM? Not really, the Toms happen to be Japanese. Oh, and I could easily rock them.
 
If you don't like these, you won't either like turbo-designs like Zender Turbos, 1pc Compomotives or Ronal Turbos, neither 2/3-piece units like split Compomotive THs and Schmidt Revolution TH-Lines. None of these are Japanese. Turbo-wheels were popular among French rally guys (and the rally crowd in general), though. JDM? Not really, the Toms happen to be Japanese. Oh, and I could easily rock them.
Respect for all those wheels, but none of them belong on a Honda because they're not Japanese or from Honda's racing heritage. And since TOM'S happens to be a Japanese Toyota tuner, they would be perfect on the Celica.
 
Well? How about some pics?
 
Respect for all those wheels, but none of them belong on a Honda because they're not Japanese or from Honda's racing heritage. And since TOM'S happens to be a Japanese Toyota tuner, they would be perfect on the Celica.

What? Are you joking? Who cares where they are from, as long as they look good. If a guy wants to run Work Equips on his VW Rabbit and that looks good, so be it. **** heritage ;) (and excuse me for the bold statement)
Anyway, this is besides the point; I was just answering a less-than-thought out comment and how turbo wheels aren't "jdm" in general. Agree with your last line, though.
 
I'm not fond of the Tom's Racing on those wheels, but I do understand what makes them cool... even though I don't exactly know why.
 
YSSMAN, I'm not a big fan of Celicas but I'd say you've got a nice one there. Congratulations on the new wheels, looking very much forward to some more pictures of her.
 
I also stated that nobody are perfect.



Everything seems to be "JDM" these days. It's a turbo design wheel, pure and simple.

If you don't like these, you won't either like turbo-designs like Zender Turbos, 1pc Compomotives or Ronal Turbos, neither 2/3-piece units like split Compomotive THs and Schmidt Revolution TH-Lines. None of these are Japanese. Turbo-wheels were popular among French rally guys (and the rally crowd in general), though. JDM? Not really, the Toms happen to be Japanese. Oh, and I could easily rock them.

You mean nobody is perfect? So... you ask people not to be "douchebags" then you go ahead and be one... BUT! WAIT! It's ok for you to be one... because nobody is perfect... right... so wouldn't that give other people equal rights to be a douchebag???


Anyways... I think Perfect Balance knows everything you just said... I've known him for a couple of years and hes pretty solid when it comes to wheels. Besides he is rocking Enkei's on his EK Civic... soooo he is officially JDMer then you ;)






EDIT: Oh and YSSMAN hot Celica... I would hit it ;)

You should totally rock the Tom's but you gotta swap the lug thingymabob so it can do a 4 lug thing wheel... I'm tired so yeah...
 
You know, I was scratching my head as to why you guys kept recommending FOUR LUG wheels on a FIVE LUG car...

While the TOM'S wheels are nice, I'd rather see them on a T180 or T170. I wonder if the TRDs you can get at a Scion dealership for a TC would fit. Volks would look nice, too.
 
I wonder if the TRDs you can get at a Scion dealership for a TC would fit. Volks would look nice, too.

My brother just used regular tC rims on his 1990.
 
Back