Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions (Jan 27th 2017 (ENG)) | Finally, dub release.TV 

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 113 comments

How are you going to watch Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions?

• Both Japanese and Your Native Language.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Japanese Version only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Native Language only.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Not watching it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Yugioh, there will be a movie featuring the old cast from the first Series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-teaser-recaps-20-years-of-manga-anime/.82496

If I was to make a theory, I think this will involve the current plot of the current anime; Arc-V in some way (
Probably explain why the lore is separated into 4 Dimensions
). Kinda like how the 10th Anniversary Movie involved the plot of 5D's

....Wow, this Yugioh thing is not dead yet??? Damn. Twenty years old? By the gods, I feel old for some reason, again.

Haven't seen a single episode since that arc where they go to Ancient Egypt (or something).

What are they doing to milk the franchise now, I wonder.

....Wow, this Yugioh thing is not dead yet??? Damn. Twenty years old? By the gods, I feel old for some reason, again.

Haven't seen a single episode since that arc where they go to Ancient Egypt (or something).

What are they doing to milk the franchise now, I wonder.
Aside from Arc-V showing off EVERY summoning method, there isn't much milking...

I've noticed that Kaiba and Yugi are wearing pieces during their duel kinda like how Yugioh Zexal worked and it looks like they sport new Duel Disks.

Also, this apparently takes place after the original Yugioh so I don't think Yami Yugi/Atem will appear as what happened during the ending.

While it is most likely just a coincidence, the whole idea of "dimensions" could hint to something that can expand into Yugioh ARC-Vs story and how the world of Yugioh got separated into Multiple Dimensions.

I barely even noticed it before.

I honestly like it, not because I like his abs but it really shows how tight his outfit really is.
It's more noticeable on the movie poster.

I just think it looks weird for his torso to be so buff when his overall physique is fairly scrawny.

It's more noticeable on the movie poster.

I just think it looks weird for his torso to be so buff when his overall physique is fairly scrawny.
Honestly, the thing that strikes odd is how tall they made Yugi in comparison to how he was in the Manga and Anime. Though this wouldn't be the first time Yugi became suddenly tall as he was pretty tall in BBT for some reason.

Honestly, the thing that strikes odd is how tall they made Yugi in comparison to how he was in the Manga and Anime. Though this wouldn't be the first time Yugi became suddenly tall as he was pretty tall in BBT for some reason.
The movie animation style is completely new though. All the character designs are new so some discrepancy in how they look between the different media is to be expected.

Even in the anime you had varying character designs:

Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 4.27.10 PM.png

tumblr_mj05n9UvcD1s1okjwo1_r1_1280.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 9.50.23 PM.png

That said, I think Kazuki Takahashi was going for a more mature look for Yugi.

The movie animation style is completely new though. All the character designs are new so some discrepancy in how they look between the different media is to be expected.

Even in the anime you had varying character designs:

View attachment 458710
View attachment 458712
View attachment 458713

That said, I think Kazuki Takahashi was going for a more mature look for Yugi.
True but that usually doesn't apply to completely changing the Characters height. Especially sinc ethis movie takes place 6 Months after the Manga.

Blue Eyes and Dark Magician have actually been redesigned for the movie.

TheDarkSideofDimensionsRedesigns.png

I love Blue Eyes new design :embarrassed:. As for Dark Magician, I'm not one to really care about it originally but at least it is keeping with its "dark" name.

By the way, there is also a message in the back of the poster:
Yugioh_the_dark_side_of_dimensions_sdcc_2015_poster_back.jpg

I surely hope it doesn't disappoints after watching Yugioh ARC-V, which was a great way to put all the Yugiohs' (minus the original) together in 1 big dimensional war. As well as using a lot of plot ideas from previous Yugiohs.

I'm excited for this movie :D.

Last edited:
Nice to see that "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" is in fact a white dragon with blue eyes and not just "Blue, Eyes White, Dragon."

Here is the movie poster:

Did anyone notice that Kaibas Duel Disk looks nearly Identical to the Duel Disks used by the Xyz Dimension in ARC-V. Just flipped the other way around.

full

Not sure about the Blue Eyes re-design... :odd:
It looks a lot more modern and powerful. The Tron like accents are really cool in my opinion, though perhaps a bit out of place for Blue-Eyes.

Interesting to see how Yugi changed his choker to a smaller one now that he no longer has to wear the Millennium Puzzle.

It looks a lot more modern and powerful. The Tron like accents are really cool in my opinion, though perhaps a bit out of place for Blue-Eyes.

Interesting to see how Yugi changed his choker to a smaller one now that he no longer has to wear the Millennium Puzzle.

The Tron treatment is what makes it look weird. More than a re-designed Blue Eyes, it's looks like the cross of a Stardust Dragon and, yeah, a Blue Eyes.

No, I don't like it.

The Tron treatment is what makes it look weird. More than a re-designed Blue Eyes, it's looks like the cross of a Stardust Dragon and, yeah, a Blue Eyes.

No, I don't like it.
I don't see much of a resemblance of Stardust Dragon except that they are both White, Blue and are Dragons.

I found the original Blue Eyes Design to be a bit boring honestly, I liked it but it just pulled a typical Dragon look. I think this gives Blue Eyes more character.

Dark Magician wasn't really redesigned per se, that's the design from one of the JUMP promos.

At least, I'm fairly sure it is.
latest
I think the same applies for Blue Eyes, minus the Neo Lights.
nxCpbq6.png

Albeit, the one I'm showing is not the Limited Edition model.

I think the BEWD is too different. Look at the bright lines on the neck and head, and how aggressive the spikes are. They're much more prominent than on the card.
I did say minus the Neo Lights.

Also the more aggressive spikes is the equivilent on how the Dark Magician is a bit lighter in comparison to the card and the hat is taller. Also the thing below his chin is a different shape.

I don't see much of a resemblance of Stardust Dragon except that they are both White, Blue and are Dragons.

I found the original Blue Eyes Design to be a bit boring honestly, I liked it but it just pulled a typical Dragon look. I think this gives Blue Eyes more character.

I think the same applies for Blue Eyes, minus the Neo Lights.
nxCpbq6.png

Albeit, the one I'm showing is not the Limited Edition model.

I think the traditional dragon look is what maked the Blue Eyes an instant classic. Like I said, I see too much of the Stardust Dragon in that poster. I still believe it shouldn't have been changed

I think the traditional dragon look is what maked the Blue Eyes an instant classic. Like I said, I see too much of the Stardust Dragon in that poster. I still believe it shouldn't have been changed
I really don't see any resemblance to Stardust Dragon except that they are, White, Blue and are Dragons.

Turns out that Blue Eyes, isn't even Blue Eyes but instead a new monster called "Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon"

Translated:
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by revealing 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" in your hand. You can only Special Summon "Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon" once per turn this way. This card's name becomes "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

We also have images of 2 new characters:
Yu-Gi-Oh%2521%2Bmovie%2Bcharacter%2BAigami%2Bimage%2B00.jpg

This here is Aigami (he reminds me of Yusei Fudo from 5D's and Jesse Andersen from GX)

tumblr_ny76cwnJI31qa8vrvo1_1280.jpg

This one is Sera who has connections with Aigami.

Back