Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions (Jan 27th 2017 (ENG)) | Finally, dub release.TV 

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 113 comments

How are you going to watch Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions?

• Both Japanese and Your Native Language.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Japanese Version only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Native Language only.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Not watching it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Any news if there will be a english dub? :confused:
It's rather left in the dark at the moment, nothing about it has really been confirmed.

All I know is that in July 22nd, the Movie Pack is going to be released for the rest of the world containing all the cards from the movie. Which I heard makes Yugi and Kaiba decks OP again.

Last edited:
The movie appears to for longer than typical Movies reaching 2 Hours and 10 Minutes.

Quite happy about that, as usually movies that are over 2 Hours (and not 100 Minutes) only happen when it is completely necessary.

Realized I made a mistake in the title, it's the 27th not the 20th.

Also according to the cast list, Mai is not appearing in the movie. I guess she was taken out to avoid confusion between the Manga and the Anime, as while this movie is more faithful to the Manga than the Anime, no doubt if Mai showed up and act like the Waking the Dragons arc never happened like it didn't in the Manga it would confuse some Anime fans.

These sneak peeks are great, we just got one of a duel between Kaiba and Aigami:

Looks like these rules won't be the pld ordinary duels and you can pull off Duelist Kingdom arc levels of 🤬

I like it though, Dimension Duel and Dimension Summon sounds very interesting. (Incase people are wandering it's Anime exclusive as the TCG has nothing like that). Though Pendulum Summoning still looks down on it like a peasant :lol:.

So close until it airs :D.

Actually, here in Australia, we get to see earlier on Australia Day (which seems odd :lol:) definitely pumped :).

By the way, theatrical releases will be handing out promo cards of a Gold Secret Rare: Obelisk the Tormenter with brand new artwork (kind like Slifer the Sky Dragon got new art for the Movie Pack)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_The_Dark_Side_of_Dimensions_Theater_distribution_cards

I went to look at the theatre's that are airing Dark Side of Dimensions.

None of them are near me 🤬 looks like I'm missing out on the promo and have to wait for the DVD :(

I went to look at the theatre's that are airing Dark Side of Dimensions.

None of them are near me 🤬 looks like I'm missing out on the promo and have to wait for the DVD :(
I was expecting some of the bigger name theatres to screen them such as Cineplex but in Canada, we are limited to something called Landmark Cinemas, which I've never heard of before until now.

I was expecting Hoyts to have in Erina which is close to me but no.

Only, Event Cinemas has it and even still, the closest Event Cinema doesn't have it ether :(

Just went to see the movie with my friend. I'll save the long analysis for when you guys get a chance to see it too, but my main impression of this movie is that it's
Pretty damn awesome!

Recently watched the film.

I think this movie was amazing :D, gives a lot more backstory to Bakura and Shadi while Yugi and Kaiba had interesting journeys about coming to terms with Atems passing.

Duels were exciting but I feel like they just shoved any card they could into the script, not sure if it was to sell the movie booster set or time constraints but does make the duels feel a bit random.

Aigami was an interesting villain indeed, kinda felt relatable on how he doesn't want to lose his powers since he still has so much he wants to do with it.

Overall I liked it and would recommend it to anyone who was somewhat of a fan :D

Recently watched the film.

I think this movie was amazing :D, gives a lot more backstory to Bakura and Shadi while Yugi and Kaiba had interesting journeys about coming to terms with Atems passing.

Duels were exciting but I feel like they just shoved any card they could into the script, not sure if it was to sell the movie booster set or time constraints but does make the duels feel a bit random.

Aigami was an interesting villain indeed, kinda felt relatable on how he doesn't want to lose his powers since he still has so much he wants to do with it.

Overall I liked it and would recommend it to anyone who was somewhat of a fan :D
It's pretty hard to write duels for a movie like this. You pretty much just assume that the main character wins and all is well, and yet this movie was still great to watch. It was actually interesting and a great epilogue to the original series. The animation was beyond spectacular (thanks Takahiro Kagami) and the story was fairly solid for a Yu-Gi-Oh! movie. If you're a fan of the original series, you'll definitely love the movie.

Back