Zakspeed_TV Setups 1.13-1.03

Here is something weird for you.

On your tune you have Spring Rate F = 165 and R = 170

I can't get those numbers. Front choices are - 145, 160, 180, 185.

Rear choices are 150, 160, 180, 190.

Your figures fall in between what I can use. BTW ver 1.11. I am interested in knowing what is going on here because I take it you are on the same version software as you have only just posted the video.

Now it gets even weirder. On the rear if I start at 190 and scroll down to the bottom I get 190, 180, 160, 150.

But if I start at the bottom and scroll up I get 150, 180, 190. So depending on which way I scroll is dependant on what numbers I can see!!!!

Can anyone else confirm this or am I just going mad?

I should say I have just started the game and PS4 from scratch just to check this again before I hit the send button.

Your figures fall in between what I can use. BTW ver 1.11. I am interested in knowing what is going on here because I take it you are on the same version software as you have only just posted the video.

Now it gets even weirder. On the rear if I start at 190 and scroll down to the bottom I get 190, 180, 160, 150.

But if I start at the bottom and scroll up I get 150, 180, 190. So depending on which way I scroll is dependant on what numbers I can see!!!!

I should say I have just started the game and PS4 from scratch just to check this again before I hit the send button.

Yes its another bug i think, reset the tune and you should be ok 👍

Yes its another bug i think, reset the tune and you should be ok 👍

Yep that worked. Interesting bug, I think it may affect some other cars as well.

I am having problems with trying to keep the tyres warm with this tune :-( I would really like to see your videos with the tyre temp graphics displayed as I find these very helpful.

Edit: great tune I am nearly 1.5 seconds faster at RBR with it than mine. Flat 1:40's now.

I have really struggled with this car to get comfortable in it. It always seemed the harder I pushed the slower I went. Your tune likes to be over driven and pushed hard. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yep that worked. Interesting bug, I think it may affect some other cars as well.

I am having problems with trying to keep the tyres warm with this tune :-( I would really like to see your videos with the tyre temp graphics displayed as I find these very helpful.

Edit: great tune I am nearly 1.5 seconds faster at RBR with it than mine. Flat 1:40's now.

I have really struggled with this car to get comfortable in it. It always seemed the harder I pushed the slower I went. Your tune likes to be over driven and pushed hard. Thanks again.

Tip, on this combo best to ignore the tyre temps. I have seen people run flat tyres to get temps right but it just slows the car down lol

Those are the spring rate range for road car Cayman ? The real Cayman GT4 have much lower spring rate ( the front axle is the same as GT3 road car ). Must be from CS then, the highest value on those range is close to the real Cayman GT4 ClubSport ( 2015 early spec ), there's a higher spring rate combo as well which strangely uses same Porsche part number.

Fun fact : The GT4 CS test/dev lap time by Porsche at Monza : 1:58.6xs back in July 2015.

Michelin slick ( also on GT3 Cup ) minimum cold pressure 22 psi, optimal hot 30-32 psi ( temp range 140-212 F / 60 - 100 C ) Every 10 F increase in temperature, the tire will gain approximately 0.7 psi.

Last edited:
Tip, on this combo best to ignore the tyre temps. I have seen people run flat tyres to get temps right but it just slows the car down lol

Thanks for the tip. This is all starting to make sense now.

Edit: I see that you have included the tyre temps on your new video. Excellent :-) I also see that you have the same problem that the tyre temps e.g RHF falls away very quickly and goes cold on you.

The only time they don't go cold on me is when I have gotten them red. Then it seems to take forever for them to cool down ;-)

Last edited:
Ferrari 488 GT3 @ Red Bull GP added 👍

Great video (as always). What is particularly noticeable about your driving style in this is that you are short shifting. Most of your videos you tend to be "a bit of a thrasher" and let the engine bounce off the limiter. I tend to be a thrasher as well and this may be why I am not having any success with this car at all. I can't wait to try you tune out and driving tip.

Cheers :-)

Great video (as always). What is particularly noticeable about your driving style in this is that you are short shifting. Most of your videos you tend to be "a bit of a thrasher" and let the engine bounce off the limiter. I tend to be a thrasher as well and this may be why I am not having any success with this car at all. I can't wait to try you tune out and driving tip.

Cheers :-)

Yes mate its faster when you short shift, really good car this 👍

Last edited:

Hi Zakspeed, I actually was on track with you at RBR the other night. You were in the 488 and I ended up in a McLaren 650 (all 488s gone) I did send you a "Hi" message but your settings didn't allow it.

Anyway, I have a question about your tune for the 488 here at RBR and at other tracks. I am finding the car loses the back end with trailing throttle as soon as I push it a little too quick e.g. at the second last turn by the pit entrance at RBR and at Nurburgring GP/GT the fast RH corner as you enter the back straight or on colder tyres through the Schumacher S

The car is great, I love the tune but it is starting to cost me races because of this tendency. I have tried tuning it out but all I succeed in doing is hurting its turn in. I found dropping the Diff Coast back to 30 and setting brake bias to 70 does help a little.

It's like driving an old Porsche 911, the car just wants to catch you out and head off the track backwards and kill you.

Another theory of mine is that it seems to be worse when the tracks are slippery e.g 98% grip

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Zakspeed, I actually was on track with you at RBR the other night. You were in the 488 and I ended up in a McLaren 650 (all 488s gone) I did send you a "Hi" message but your settings didn't allow it.

Anyway, I have a question about your tune for the 488 here at RBR and at other tracks. I am finding the car loses the back end with trailing throttle as soon as I push it a little too quick e.g. at the second last turn by the pit entrance at RBR and at Nurburgring GP/GT the fast RH corner as you enter the back straight or on colder tyres through the Schumacher S

The car is great, I love the tune but it is starting to cost me races because of this tendency. I have tried tuning it out but all I succeed in doing is hurting its turn in. I found dropping the Diff Coast back to 30 and setting brake bias to 70 does help a little.

It's like driving an old Porsche 911, the car just wants to catch you out and head off the track backwards and kill you.

Another theory of mine is that it seems to be worse when the tracks are slippery e.g 98% grip

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Yes i love old 911s :)

Was it the day of the update? i was only on quick so not really tested yet but was off pace at the RBR on first race then we went brands and found we had to drop the tyres down a few clicks for better temps, not sure if there was a change with the update?

Anyway you could try less roll bar on the rear 1 or 2 clicks and or less rear spring if need be. When i got in the 28s i dropped the travel range down by 10 front and rear also went 1 click up in 6th for RBR. I would of said try a higher coast too really.

Yes i love old 911s :)

Was it the day of the update? i was only on quick so not really tested yet but was off pace at the RBR on first race then we went brands and found we had to drop the tyres down a few clicks for better temps, not sure if there was a change with the update?

Anyway you could try less roll bar on the rear 1 or 2 clicks and or less rear spring if need be. When i got in the 28s i dropped the travel range down by 10 front and rear also went 1 click up in 6th for RBR. I would of said try a higher coast too really.

Yes it was the day of the update at RBR. I was running a very slow 3rd until you disappeared and gave me 2nd ;-)

I have been on for a couple of hours tonight just to confirm what I thought when I first wrote this. Something has definitely changed and all the cars that worked well and had perfect tyre temps are now struggling to get to operating temp and I am slower everywhere because the cars are slipperier but then, I also just might be having a bad couple of days ;-) It would be nice if some others would post here with their opinions.

I like your time a One minute Forty point 911 ;-) Was that a fluke or did you engineer it to happen. If it is the latter I am more than impressed :-)

The latter of course, as always more time to be had if worked on. But not a bad time for a Cup car and im kinda new to that track too.

Back