Zakspeed_TV Setups + ffb settings

Zakspeed

I try your McLaren 650s GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP. I can not match some of your settings.
For example, your FST BUMP Rear is set at 22 for left and right. My max setting is only 13 for FST BUMP rear.
Also, ride height in front. Your setting is 52. My max for front ride height is only 30.

Have problem with roll bars and FST REBOUND too. Can not match your settings in the video.
Your roll bar setting is 12 front and rear. I can only do 12 front and 9 in rear.

Not sure what is wrong here. Maybe because I am USA, the unit of measure are different. But I can not duplicate your tune on my PS4. Maybe a bug in update? I will try another and report what I find.👍

I think you make your tune before 1.03 come out. This is my first time using one of your tunes.
I think the problem is with Assetto Corsa. Has anyone else notice this?

Or did you use Zakspeed's 650s GT3 tune before the update?
Are you on PC? Just make sure the red bars on the bottom of each variable are in roughly the same place.

Are you on PC? Just make sure the red bars on the bottom of each variable are in roughly the same place.

I am on PS4. And I will try doing the setting by sight as you suggest. But this is strange unless it is metrics.
But there is no conversion table. :odd:

I did Zakspeed's PS4 McLaren 650s GT3 @ Brands Hatch setup by looking at the settings in his video and trying to duplicate them on my car. I ignored the numbers and used the physical placement.

Right away the tune works much better. And on hard instead of being left far behind, I am staying within cars length of the AI. Still, I wonder why the numbers are so far off? Thank you for the advice Jimlaad. It worked well.👍
But this is not a good way to tune. But a very good tune for the McLaren at Brands.:cheers:

Zakspeed

I try your McLaren 650s GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP. I can not match some of your settings.
For example, your FST BUMP Rear is set at 22 for left and right. My max setting is only 13 for FST BUMP rear.
Also, ride height in front. Your setting is 52. My max for front ride height is only 30.

Have problem with roll bars and FST REBOUND too. Can not match your settings in the video.
Your roll bar setting is 12 front and rear. I can only do 12 front and 9 in rear.

Not sure what is wrong here. Maybe because I am USA, the unit of measure are different. But I can not duplicate your tune on my PS4. Maybe a bug in update? I will try another and report what I find.👍

I think you make your tune before 1.03 come out. This is my first time using one of your tunes.
I think the problem is with Assetto Corsa. Has anyone else notice this?

Or did you use Zakspeed's 650s GT3 tune before the update?

Hi sorry been away, yes all setups was done before the 1.03 update.

I did Zakspeed's PS4 McLaren 650s GT3 @ Brands Hatch setup by looking at the settings in his video and trying to duplicate them on my car. I ignored the numbers and used the physical placement.

Right away the tune works much better. And on hard instead of being left far behind, I am staying within cars length of the AI. Still, I wonder why the numbers are so far off? Thank you for the advice Jimlaad. It worked well.👍
But this is not a good way to tune. But a very good tune for the McLaren at Brands.:cheers:

So setups still work if you go off the red bars and not the numbers yes?

Yes, your tune worked fine when I use the bars and ignore the numbers. Also Zakspeed, do you have a GT3 car tune for Silverstone GP layout? Your tune improved my driving by a lot. 👍
When you do the career mode Kunos gives you the tunes for the GT3 cars for each track. I have used them and they are adequate, although, sometimes the gearing is too short. If it ever says reduce final drive, don't do it ;-)

You do realise that Zakspeed's tune will be quite good at other tracks too. You may need to adjust final drive and aero though. One thing to watch out for Zakspeed here is tuning for a qualifying lap, you will need to use harder tyres for a race longer than 3 laps as the tyres go off.

I hope this helps.

I still haven´t gotten the hang of setups on this game. I tried your tune for the 650s on Brands Hatch and i compared to my own and i ended up thinking that most changes are just for driveability purposes, it´s very hard to find changes that actually make the car faster.

Then i´ve found a tune on the web that was the opposite of a lot of things i believe. Incredibly hige camber and low downforce. In a few laps i went from 23´7 to 23´2.

I just don´t understand how can low downforce be usefull in a track like Brands Hatch. Some things in the setup just don´t make sense, that´s why i´m sharing this here because i see that there´s a lot of good people in here and very fast people i might add, so it would be nice to discuss some subtle things in this game.

Btw, i´m on PC and on a G25.

I still haven´t gotten the hang of setups on this game. I tried your tune for the 650s on Brands Hatch and i compared to my own and i ended up thinking that most changes are just for driveability purposes, it´s very hard to find changes that actually make the car faster.

Then i´ve found a tune on the web that was the opposite of a lot of things i believe. Incredibly hige camber and low downforce. In a few laps i went from 23´7 to 23´2.

I just don´t understand how can low downforce be usefull in a track like Brands Hatch. Some things in the setup just don´t make sense, that´s why i´m sharing this here because i see that there´s a lot of good people in here and very fast people i might add, so it would be nice to discuss some subtle things in this game.

Btw, i´m on PC and on a G25.

Zakspeed (and I for that matter) are on PS4 and I have noticed the setups are different from PC to PS4, in so much as the numbers do not directly correlate. Also we are on different physics engines, the PC uses a later one.

Here is a site I found especially for PC and you can input the setups directly to your PC.

http://thesetupmarket.com/#/setups/Assetto Corsa

I hope this helps.

You said "i ended up thinking that most changes are just for driveability purposes" well a car that is easier to drive is usually faster ;-) Since there are no engine mods in this game you can't actually make the cars "faster" therefore any time gained is in the corners. So at Brands Hatch GP with 9 corners to go 3 seconds a lap faster you need to go around each corner only 1/3 of a second faster. Not a lot of time really. So changes are subtle, very subtle and incremental. Or if you want to break it down even further your 0.5sec gain in lap time is about 5 car lengths at the finish line or half a car length per corner.

You also said "I just don´t understand how can low downforce be usefull in a track like Brands Hatch" faster on the straights or faster in corners. It is a balancing act. Also if a car has good mechanical grip it will not need as much downforce.

Hi Zak, good tunes, many thanks.

Can you offer some detailed feedback on specifically, FFB settings and how you see them working, also which wheel do you use?

Back