Zakspeed_TV Setups + ffb settings

Ok Mclaren 650S GT3 added @ Nords this is a dream to drive here and still has more to go 👍

I am very fond of the Nordschleife and have driven it for real in a VW Scirocco from https://www.rentracecar.de/en/

This game is the first one I have driven that actually feels like the real thing. The two things I came away from the Nords with was, geez, how bumpy the Karousel is and how much elevation there is. This game replicates that very well and looks a lot like my Go Pro footage. The only thing lacking is putting your swipe card in the machine at the toll gate to get onto the track ;-)

Wiz

OK I take it all back. When I drove it in AC I didn't notice it. Besides, the boom gate doesn't work in the game ;-) Honestly, I am very surprised at how close the game is to real life here.

I dialed in your ffb settings last night and they are excellent, the only thing I had to do was drop the master ffb down to 35 or so to get it spot on for myself.

Tonight I'm going to nail your tunes on to their respective cars and test them out.
I ran the 458 GT2 for a few laps around the Nurburgring in stock trim and it was fairly sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing what difference your tune makes to it.

Thanks for sharing man.

I dialed in your ffb settings last night and they are excellent, the only thing I had to do was drop the master ffb down to 35 or so to get it spot on for myself.

Tonight I'm going to nail your tunes on to their respective cars and test them out.
I ran the 458 GT2 for a few laps around the Nurburgring in stock trim and it was fairly sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing what difference your tune makes to it.

Thanks for sharing man.

The 458 GT2 is so good to drive, think i may take it round Nords later hope we get the GT3 car too 👍

The 458 GT2 is so good to drive, think i may take it round Nords later hope we get the GT3 car too 👍
Hmm. I'm not certain the 458 GT3 is in the works. The 488 GT3 is available, however, and that is a brilliant drive!

Your videos are outstanding. It is a real pleasure to watch someone drive so smoothly. I only wish I could someday control a car like that. What game do you play most often? I see someone mentioned you also have PCars. Do you prefer one over the other when it comes to driving? Of course, Assetto Corsa is the newer game so I don't know if that might influence your choice. Anyway, keep posting those videos. Great, great driving. 👍 :bowdown:

Hmm. I'm not certain the 458 GT3 is in the works. The 488 GT3 is available, however, and that is a brilliant drive!

Your videos are outstanding. It is a real pleasure to watch someone drive so smoothly. I only wish I could someday control a car like that. What game do you play most often? I see someone mentioned you also have PCars. Do you prefer one over the other when it comes to driving? Of course, Assetto Corsa is the newer game so I don't know if that might influence your choice. Anyway, keep posting those videos. Great, great driving. 👍 :bowdown:

Cheers 👍 yes at the mo im loving AC, and think the sense of driving is another step forward for sim racing on console. pCARS is still a great game and will be going back on it for some events, but i will be spending more time on AC cos i love the physics and ffb.

I do hope they will bring on more features tho as i feel without private lobbys and leaderboard the game/sim will have a short life span and that would be a great shame, i know lots off people who have already got fed up and gone back to pCARS. But for me i will find it hard to take that step back :) :cheers:

Cheers 👍 yes at the mo im loving AC, and think the sense of driving is another step forward for sim racing on console. pCARS is still a great game and will be going back on it for some events, but i will be spending more time on AC cos i love the physics and ffb.

I do hope they will bring on more features tho as i feel without private lobbys and leaderboard the game/sim will have a short life span and that would be a great shame, i know lots off people who have already got fed up and gone back to pCARS. But for me i will find it hard to take that step back :) :cheers:
You seem to be the 1,000th person who has said, "I love the FFB & Physics but I think they F'ed up the 'game'..." You're totally right. Shipping those units with no kind of private lobby capability, or even some kind of sign-up system where you and your friends could signup for a session together and then somehow they jumble you guys together...that would probably be even stranger tho...

I understand why you say that about the Leaderboards. Everybody says the same thing. I honestly think Kunos didn't think it would be needed because they don't have one in their PC sim and no one really complains. They made a lot of mistakes because they thought using the words "PC Sim to the console" would be enough. It wasn't and they're learning that the hard way.

I've also heard the same thing concerning PCars. When it comes to the racing aspect, PCars is head and shoulders above AC. Hopefully that gap will shrink over time. It's really nice to see awesome videos from the console players. You drive so silky smooth, I hope more console players get a chance to see your vids.

:cheers:

AMG GT3 @ Monza added 1.47.5 👍

Yep looks great :-)

After I watched your SLS video YouTube went to your video of "The Racing Life" with the Abarth 595SS. Now I thought I was the only silly person out there to try this one ;-) I found it to be absolutely hilarious and was surprised the Alien Time was so easy to get. I got mine on the third try and beat it by around 2 seconds. (Tip for anyone else: don't use the brakes and I highly recommend giving it a go. It really is a lighthearted blast)

This is my biggest criticism of this game - the events and goals are so uneven/unbalanced :-( I have found events in career that are impossible on easy, yet I can get Alien in things like this with such little effort.

I should add one more comment here. This Abarth race is identical to an event from GT6 (or GT5??) from years ago and I remembered it very well ;-) Coincidence or does this display Kunos's lack of originality? ;-) If they are into copying it is just a shame they didn't copy PD's excellent online functionality :-(

Ehh that was ultra fast, not sure if i have the guts to go like that, but will give it a bash

Its a really good car this and im not really a formula car fan. Oh mate you should join us in the crap club TT we running this car round nords this week 👍

Hi Zakspeed, you really need to see this video of your latest tune for the Exos at Silverstone.

The tune is un-driveable. I mean really un-driveable, I cannot even get out of the pits. As soon as I put the car back to a default setting everything is perfect but with your tune no matter what I do I cannot drive it.

I do realise it is not your fault but there is definitely some sort of bug in AC.

So I have uploaded the video to show what the problem is and to see if anyone else has had an issue.

BTW as I have already said I do love your tunes and I have never seen anything like this before.

I hope you are just as amazed at what I am.

Its a really good car this and im not really a formula car fan. Oh mate you should join us in the crap club TT we running this car round nords this week 👍

Would love to join you guys, will you send me an invite please.
Oh BTW i love openwheel cars :D
Looking forward to the session, now i must just practice, i drove the 125 and not S @Nords.
Will practice that before hand.

Hi Zakspeed, you really need to see this video of your latest tune for the Exos at Silverstone.

The tune is un-driveable. I mean really un-driveable, I cannot even get out of the pits. As soon as I put the car back to a default setting everything is perfect but with your tune no matter what I do I cannot drive it.

I do realise it is not your fault but there is definitely some sort of bug in AC.

So I have uploaded the video to show what the problem is and to see if anyone else has had an issue.

BTW as I have already said I do love your tunes and I have never seen anything like this before.

Wow, you have some bugs there mate

lol thats crazy, there is some strange things on this car tuning wise rear cam and toe have different values also the gear go to something like a million mph :lol:

I have gotten to the bottom of the problem and I think I know why.

I have since gone through and re-entered all your tuning data one screen at a time to see where the problem is. Of course, no problem everything worked well.

What I believe the issue to be is tuning the car right at the start of the event. You may have noticed at the start of a race, when the screen first loads, the car(s) look like they have just been dropped on the track and shake. Well what I think has happened is this has been captured by the "save tune" function because my car sure shakes ;-)

Like I said, I have re-entered all the car tuning data after I did a lap and now everything is fine so it definitely is not an issue with any tune parameters.

So the moral to the story is: "DO NOT tune your car before you are actually in the event properly".

Zakspeed

I try your McLaren 650s GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP. I can not match some of your settings.
For example, your FST BUMP Rear is set at 22 for left and right. My max setting is only 13 for FST BUMP rear.
Also, ride height in front. Your setting is 52. My max for front ride height is only 30.

Have problem with roll bars and FST REBOUND too. Can not match your settings in the video.
Your roll bar setting is 12 front and rear. I can only do 12 front and 9 in rear.

Not sure what is wrong here. Maybe because I am USA, the unit of measure are different. But I can not duplicate your tune on my PS4. Maybe a bug in update? I will try another and report what I find.👍

I think you make your tune before 1.03 come out. This is my first time using one of your tunes.
I think the problem is with Assetto Corsa. Has anyone else notice this?

Or did you use Zakspeed's 650s GT3 tune before the update?

Last edited:
Back