Zonda C12, forgotten on the shelf?

• Thread starter ManiacGT3
  • 71 comments
ManiacGT3
Hey, a 1:08 with the c12??? at rome??? are u serious!!?? thats rediculously fast!!! :scared:

it was a hot lap :), but i ran along the walls on the second last corner, that saves a good second and a bit and the corner at the top of the track...

Oh...i never ride the sides !!:) i strive to make all my times lagit!! 💡 👍

Dose anyone know a way to get the c12 to have good turn in at high speeds. Its as if no matter what i do it won't have turn in!!! I think the main problem is that u can't change the front downforce which messes everything up!!

Darin
What i've observed, the Stock Zonda C12S turns fine stock. With proper throttle control, the car is quick.

Definately, it has been my car of choice in the last couple of Ultra endurance races:tup:

ManiacGT3

Dose anyone know a way to get the c12 to have good turn in at high speeds. Its as if no matter what i do it won't have turn in!!! I think the main problem is that u can't change the front downforce which messes everything up!!

thats why i rode the walls because it has bearly any turning at high speeds, but maybe if ya set the car right, it might have a time in the speed when it can turn better than usuall, like the escudo, it gets to about 386km for me then it turns pretty good then bums out and goes crap around 450km..

how can you know turn at 450km/h, being that there is only the one track that you can go that fast on (legally) and the (so called) turns are that shallow in any case that a jumbo jet at top speed wouldnt have a problem getting around

The turning on any car gets crap at 450Kph, thats 279Mph, where do you hit 279Mph in GT3 exept on the test track or in a hybrid car?

ManiacGT3

A little positive toe in would probably give you a quicker turn in but it would also make the car twitchy.

Edit: positive toe in on the front. Or negative in the rear. Either way.

Hey dose anyone know how to set the gearing up on cars so they go faster..I only mention this because i have tried to set the gear ratios but every time i do it dosn't really help. I

I see people with the same cars going faster than me and at the same time they have a higher gearing which usually slows accereation. I am confused!! :crazy:

This especially pisses me off when it comes to the f1's but with normal cars also and in this case the c12!!

!Newbie poster alert! I haven't run Rome in that direction with a Zonda in a long time, but that 1:08:xxx looks insane; the same goes for that 1:22:xxx at Tokyo; I'd like to know what kind of tires you guys are using.

Bollocks#999
Definately, it has been my car of choice in the last couple of Ultra endurance races:tup:

Yeah - I don't see how people says it sucks. Infact, I'm in love with the car, I ran with the C12 in this weeks WRS.

I dig the Zondas. Of the "non-race" MR cars it is one of the better ones I think. I'll go for a fully maxed out Honda NSX type-r before any other non-race MR car and either Zonda will be my next choice. I rarely take a "non-race" car over 600hp (really only the RUF RGT if I ever do). A maxed NSX type-r has a better overall "feel" to me but the Zonda turns in and exits better (full suspension upgrades, brake and engine mods, no power mods)...the Zonda brakes better of the two (though neither brake that well). My next choice for a "non-race" MR would be the RUF 3400s and then the Renault Clio.

The Zonda Race, while I like it, is sorta useless. I'd much rather drive one of the JGTC NSXs or the Mazda 787b, both are faster, for when you need a MR race car. The Zonda has alot of grunt but it's handling suffers compared to the less powerful NSXs...but the Le mans MRs (787b, Nissan, Toyota) have ALOT more grunt and better handling. So you are stuck with a car that really has no use in GT3, which is a shame.

I have seen one Zonda in real life. It was friggin beautiful and sounded amazing. I'm not sure which one it was but that car was impressive (this coming from a porsche fan). Compared to other supercars like it IMO the Zonda is the best looking, next would be the Enzo...

It is tough falling in love with cars in the real world and then going to GT3 to "drive" them and find they don't meet expectations. Maybe GT4 will be better in this regard, I do know GT4P offers better handling, especially with a wheel.

rheinaoi
!Newbie poster alert! I haven't run Rome in that direction with a Zonda in a long time, but that 1:08:xxx looks insane; the same goes for that 1:22:xxx at Tokyo; I'd like to know what kind of tires you guys are using.

Well i totally agree with your skeptisism on the 1:08 at rome, i think its rediculous too. But i did get a 1:22 and i didn't touch any sides or anything its was alot of riding the bump strip curbs. My initial time without touching the bump strip curbs was a 1:23.3 so it really helps riding the curbs , especially with the c12 !!!! And of course were using soft racing tires :) !!

well, ppl who think its rediculous, i did this just then, i couldnt get a 1:08 but i tried my best...

zondaonrome.jpg

BAR-ZoNdA
it was a hot lap :), but i ran along the walls on the second last corner, that saves a good second and a bit and the corner at the top of the track...
:D I don't normally respond to threads like this BUT due to your admission of being a "Wall Rider" in an earlier post I feel I MUST:

Your time is clearly "Ridiculous" & a "Screen Shot" proves absolutely NOTHING.:irked: If you'd like to re-establish some sort of Credibility here at GTP Forums I would suggest you attach a Replay showing your time obtained while running a 100% "Clean" Lap!!! ...UB57 :D

it was from riding along the walls, and when i said that earlier in the post i was refering to the same thing, im not hiding anything, i did ride the wall to get that lap time, i can to a lap without hitting the walls, its not that hard, all i was simply experimenting how quick the lap could be if ya ran along the walls, i rarly ever do it when im really racing.
how do u attach replays?

:D Download your replay to your PC with the aid of a "Shark/X-Port" or similar device. Then use the "Attach Files" feature at the bottom of your Post.

Just a friendly word of advice: Keep times obtained through methods which are "Frowned Upon" :irked: here to yourself & you'll make a lot more friends! ...UB57 :D

well..it will take me hours to upload a replay i only got 56k, im getting adsl in about 1 or 2 months, ill do it then if ya still wanna see it, also i did a few laps with the zonda on rome, the best time i got Without hitting anywalls, was 1:19.146

:D I'm on 56K as well & it only takes a couple of SECONDS!!! A "Hot Lap" replay is only about 40KB 👍 depending on the Track! ...UB57 :D

I got an upper 1:12's with OUT hitting walls. Doing wall riding isn't that hard and it is fun when u stop caring during a race but i don't think its really guunna pull any wieght around sites that frown upon such things. :indiff: I believe the idea is to get a lap that in real life wouldn't mean certian death !!

lol..true and ub 57.... 40kb????....the vid files are 30mb each!?

edit: ok...there is something i dont know in how to get replays onto my computer, how do u get em from ya ps2? wot i did was got the digi cam and filmed it lol i guess that isnt wot u do, someone need to explan to me how to do it all :sly:

You should try doing a lap with out asm and no wall riding and then see how u do!! :) and really try to suck up on those curbs to get some extra turn in and then tell us what u got!! :dopey: have some fun with it !!

A matter of fact if everyone really wants to try to go for this time on rome ill post my settings !! then everyone can reallly go for it and post whatever thier best time was !! feedback plz:)

ive done that...now i need to kno how to get te replay from the ps2 to the comp without it been a 30mb vid! im so lost lol sorri guys!

UB57
Download your replay to your PC with the aid of a "Shark/X-Port" or similar device. Then use the "Attach Files" feature at the bottom of your Post.
:D The "Shark/X-Port" enables you to transfer the Replay File (or ANYTHING Else actually) From your PS2 Memory Card To your PC. Then you can send it anywhere in the world where it can be transferred From a PC To a PS2 Memory Card & Viewed. The "Exception" being that PAL/NTSC files CAN be sent but CANNOT be viewed by opposite format PS2s which haven't been "Modded." Hope this all makes sense. :confused: Definitely the BEST Money I've personally spent to enrich my GT3 Gaming experience!!! ...UB57 :D

I'm pretty good at GT3, if you'll notice my signature, and I can get within two seconds of his 1:08 time. But, I was using the C12S, and had maxed the car out. I mean the entire package, including super soft tires, and wall riding, which I guess I'm not really good at since I never done it before. The best time I got without wall riding was about 1 second slower, at 1:11. In a stock C12S with oil and T3 tires, I got a time of 1:19 with a clean lap.

In a stock C12, without wall riding, I did the Rome course in just over 1:25. In a 600hp C12 with super soft tires, I got a time of 1:21. Granted, I did this while very tired, and not at my best form. You can come to your own conclusions.

1:12 is a really really fast lap time, i can only manage around low 1:16's for my best, and hang on a minute, ive been using the c12s i just relised, my bad! i think ill go and try it with the c12...its prolly why i can beat 1:16 because im in 1027 BHP beast compared to how ever much the c12's BHP is, im guessing its lower than that....n plus it will probably handle better aswell

ManiacGT3
I got an upper 1:12's with OUT hitting walls. Doing wall riding isn't that hard and it is fun when u stop caring during a race but i don't think its really guunna pull any wieght around sites that frown upon such things. :indiff: I believe the idea is to get a lap that in real life wouldn't mean certian death !!
Well, in real life, if you scrape along the wall (note scrape not slam) you won't neccecarily die but you will have a large-ass bodywork bill, and probably have to realign/repair damages suspension pieced :D

BAR-ZoNdA
1:12 is a really really fast lap time, i can only manage around low 1:16's for my best, and hang on a minute, ive been using the c12s i just relised, my bad! i think ill go and try it with the c12...its prolly why i can beat 1:16 because im in 1027 BHP beast compared to how ever much the c12's BHP is, im guessing its lower than that....n plus it will probably handle better aswell

LoL you goof!!
I would try this out but.. i dont have a C12 i got the C12S and the Racing C12. and im not gonna go out and buy the worse car.

Back