Zonda R or FXX?

• Thread starter gt40driver
  • 71 comments
United States
United States
I finally saved up enough for either of these. I need something to help me breeze through the hardest races with 650pp or below. Which is the better overall car? The Zonda R or the FXX? Also the best tune for each? Thanks

Loved the Zonda R in GT5 but I havent tried it in GT6. But based on the GT5 experience and experiences with FXX in 6 I would recommend Zonda.

FXX, damn good car, although it will try to kill you as often as it can. Just buy the fully-custom gearbox, suspension, brakes and racing-tires and you should be set to go. I've been playing around a lot with the suspension and it is possible to get it to behave but takes a bunch of trial and error...

I'm struggling with the FXX, Anyone have a good tune?

Dude you just bought the thing like just 15 minutes ago. Take your time man, why rush.
Why not drive it around in stock form and learn its characteristics first, and then play around with the settings after.
In my opinion one of the best pleasures in GT is to push the cars to their limits and tailor them to suit your own driving style, setting them up yourself and make it your own =)

Also if you're asking for inputs, it might be a good idea to post up what specifics you're struggling with.... Tail happy under braking? Understeering? Squirelly on corner exit? Mid corner bumps upsets the car? Specifics mate.

I was just struggling to keep it on the track, spinning out under braking and acceleration. But I found some tweaks with the lsd and all is better now.

Light on the gas is key with this car, same goes for the brake...

Sounds great but not possible when I have to fight 12 equally powerful cars to get gold in some of the later races. I need a car with 650pp or less to be able to win. In 5 laps passing 12 cars is quite a challenge. Unfortunately the FXX doesn't seem to be that car. I will just have to save up for one of the Audi Le Mans then.

Sounds great but not possible when I have to fight 12 equally powerful cars to get gold in some of the later races. I need a car with 650pp or less to be able to win. In 5 laps passing 12 cars is quite a challenge. Unfortunately the FXX doesn't seem to be that car. I will just have to save up for one of the Audi Le Mans then.
which event?

The Zonda R is (for the most part) a race car version of the normal Zonda. While it doesn't have the top-end speed that the FXX has, it does have much better stability and cornering. So you need to decide which is more important for you. Top speed vs handling.

However if you're struggling to win the 650pp races try the Honda HSV with a turbo upgrade (or really any GT500 car with a turbo upgrade) for the races that aren't normal car restricted, and the LCC rocket for the ones that are. I was able to win all of those races with a rather large margin of victory with those 2 cars.

^ agreed. Zonda R is handling and FXX is straight speed. but to be fair i find myself passing FXX with my Zonda R in straight line sets.

Get none. There are a lot better for that price. Try getting the Nissan R89C Race Car '89, it can do better in steering and straight lines than both. If you decrease it to 650pp, it is a monster.

Smashing the throttle doesn't mean best lap times. If you control the accelerator wisely, you'll have better lap times as you won't spin out / oversteer as often.

Thanks for the tips but I'm not new to racing. I don't need tips as if I've never driven a car before. I'm not blindly mashing the throttle, but I need to make up 15-20 seconds in 4 laps, not an easy feat when my competition is all in supercars.

Get none. There are a lot better for that price. Try getting the Nissan R89C Race Car '89, it can do better in steering and straight lines than both. If you decrease it to 650pp, it is a monster.

Has the R89C been improved or something for GT6? I found it to be a bit of a sleeper in GT5, but nobody else was really talking about or using it very much it seemed. Now I'm hearing its name quite a lot now.

There's your problem. You can smash the gas and slam the brakes, you will be faster if you drive it progressively and smoothly.

Again, no need to lecture me as if you were a pro driver. This is a video game we are talking about, and I've played every GT in the series in the original on ps.

Again, no need to lecture me as if you were a pro driver. This is a video game we are talking about, and I've played every GT in the series in the original on ps.
image.jpg

I'm trying to help you out. As shown above, eatyourdog said to be light on the gas and brake. You said that's not possible. Yes it is possible.

Thanks for the tips but I'm not new to racing. I don't need tips as if I've never driven a car before. I'm not blindly mashing the throttle, but I need to make up 15-20 seconds in 4 laps, not an easy feat when my competition is all in supercars.
Then you should go for something other than FXX or Zonda R as they don't live up to the "real" race cars, which don't tend to oversteer as much. You should buy an LMP or Group C car and use the power limiter if you're going for easy wins.

Back