Zonda R or FXX?

• Thread starter gt40driver
  • 71 comments
View attachment 95056
I'm trying to help you out. As shown above, eatyourdog said to be light on the gas and brake. You said that's not possible. Yes it is possible.

Yeah that's nice you all aren't helping anyone you're just repeating a phrase you've heard but don't understand so you can come across as an expert. Either stay on the topic of car choices or feel free to troll in another thread.

Then you should go for something other than FXX or Zonda R as they don't live up to the "real" race cars, which don't tend to oversteer as much. You should buy an LMP or Group C car and use the power limiter if you're going for easy wins.

From what people have said, the Zonda R is the better track car than the FXX. I'm at a million credits now, just need 600k more for the R.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's not better than LMPs or Group C cars for sure.

True but a few of the later races are restricted to non race cars only. So the Zonda will give me best bang for the buck. I wish I could afford a Zonda R and Audi R18!

True but a few of the later races are restricted to non race cars only. So the Zonda will give me best bang for the buck. I wish I could afford a Zonda R and Audi R18!

Uhm, the Zonda R isn't considered a "normal car" in the game.
So here's your help, save your money if these are the races you intend on using the Zonda R for.

gsch.jpg

If you want an easy win, do it with the LCC Rocket, modify it and put on racing softs for those normal car only races in the S class races.
Its only 100k from the dealerships, and I think it was also a prize car (don't remember 100% though).

Edit - sport softs sorry =P

Last edited:
Again, no need to lecture me as if you were a pro driver. This is a video game we are talking about, and I've played every GT in the series in the original on ps.

People are trying to help you and you say you don't need help? Yes, GT is a game but it is also a simulator of how cars drive in reality. Sorry to break it to you, but real racers don't floor it when coming out of each corner or brake very hard coming into a corner. If you want to win, you have to drive with precision.

People are trying to help you and you say you don't need help? Yes, GT is a game but it is also a simulator of how cars drive in reality. Sorry to break it to you, but real racers don't floor it when coming out of each corner or brake very hard coming into a corner. If you want to win, you have to drive with precision.

No please tell me more about how to drive a car. I mean I only have gold in all races before IA but I really should learn

"Light on the gas is key with this car, same goes for the brake..."

Please explain more about this theory. I want to learn from only experts like yourself! Why even talk about what cars work best for the races I want and stay on the topic of a good car for the higher races, lets just buy a Honda Fit and follow your sage advice of slow in and fast out.

I am sitting here anxious to hear the wisdom of Le Mans racing professional race drivers like yourself.

Uhm, the Zonda R isn't considered a "normal car" in the game.
So here's your help, save your money if these are the races you intend on using the Zonda R for.

gsch.jpg

If you want an easy win, do it with the LCC Rocket, modify it and put on racing softs for those normal car only races in the S class races.
Its only 100k from the dealerships, and I think it was also a prize car (don't remember 100% though).

Well damn thanks. I was hoping it would be a regular car but guess not. The 600pp or less races I have my Z4 GT3 and that works. But it looks like neither the Zonda or the FXX work best for 650pp or less races.

No please tell me more about how to drive a car. I mean I only have gold in all races before IA but I really should learn
Can't really brag about that, the races are too easy to gold. How did you do on missions, licences, Goodwood?

Yeah that's nice you all aren't helping anyone you're just repeating a phrase you've heard but don't understand so you can come across as an expert. Either stay on the topic of car choices or feel free to troll in another thread.
:rolleyes:
If you think I'm trolling, you need to go and browse the internet.

I in the pic I posted you said it's not possible to be easy on the throttle. But then in another of your posts you said you were not mashing the throttle. So make up your mind.

Again, no need to lecture me as if you were a pro driver. This is a video game we are talking about, and I've played every GT in the series in the original on ps.

Then if by now you don't realize that what they're saying is true, there's no hope for you.
You ask for advice to buy a car, come back after 15 minutes to ask for more help then berate people for telling you to go slower saying that you know how to drive. Stop asking questions. You don't deserve our precious advice.
Move along there folks, nothing to see here.

Please explain more about this theory. I want to learn from only experts like yourself! Why even talk about what cars work best for the races I want and stay on the topic of a good car for the higher races, lets just buy a Honda Fit and follow your sage advice of slow in and fast out.

I am sitting here anxious to hear the wisdom of Le Mans racing professional race drivers like yourself.

Either stay on the topic of car choices or feel free to troll in another thread.

Alright mate.

We're a bunch of nice guys in here who actually like each other and enjoy this forum. We don't write crap like that.
So 🤬 off.
(insert word of choice. I choose 'cool')

Ok, let's get a professional racer in here so you can take the word from him.

don't waste your time Itty.

When you can afford it, Buy the zonda anyway. Its that good. Theres plenty races you'll use it in. Was my favorite car in gt5...nothing has changed for gt6. (Good seaonal £££ grinder too In gt5....im sure we will see repeatable seasonal in 6 soon enough) I needed to tune it to my particular driving style as it can get a bit lively exiting corners and try to kill you but my tune pretty much copied over from 5.
Enjoy your car choice. Grats on golding everything so far.

I bought the FXX earlier it's a great car. It's a good idea to drive it for a while with no modifications, the stock suspension and LSD settings (good lift off oversteer good accel) on the FXX seem fine, I just put on sport exhaust and something else to bring it up to 650PP, kept the default suspension and gears and it races nicely, I will play with racing suspension / gears later as it will always be quicker with a proper tune, but driving it stock shows you how it's supposed to be driven - like others said, gentle and smooth on brake / throttle and it's really satisfying out of the apex with it's acceleration.

Normally I prefer more "normal" cars and I thought this car would feel very stiff and too racey for me but the default suspension is really nice feeling. Probably the best fast car I've driven so far in the game.

Okay, getting gold has nothing to do with your skill level except for license tests which are still pretty easy. Quick question, do you drive with TC on or any assists? When people say light on the gas, they don't mean drive the whole race applying only 50% of the throttle throughout the whole thing. We're talking about taking corners.

When you can afford it, Buy the zonda anyway. Its that good. Theres plenty races you'll use it in. Was my favorite car in gt5...nothing has changed for gt6. (Good seaonal £££ grinder too In gt5....im sure we will see repeatable seasonal in 6 soon enough) I needed to tune it to my particular driving style as it can get a bit lively exiting corners and try to kill you but my tune pretty much copied over from 5.
Enjoy your car choice. Grats on golding everything so far.

Great info thanks. Only a few more races to go later on to get the 1.6 million.

Then if by now you don't realize that what they're saying is true, there's no hope for you.
You ask for advice to buy a car, come back after 15 minutes to ask for more help then berate people for telling you to go slower saying that you know how to drive. Stop asking questions. You don't deserve our precious advice.
Move along there folks, nothing to see here.

What the hell are all you people talking about? This is only a topic about the differences of the Zonda or FXX and then into a better car for grinding the later races. Stay on topic or leave my topic. Your teenage advice is worthless.

Okay, getting gold has nothing to do with your skill level except for license tests which are still pretty easy. Quick question, do you drive with TC on or any assists? When people say light on the gas, they don't mean drive the whole race applying only 50% of the throttle throughout the whole thing. We're talking about taking corners.

Why is driving skill still being discussed here? This is a topic about differences in the various cars for the later races. Since mods don't seem to exist here, can you please stay on topic?

Both equally good but each in their own ways.

FXX is more useful early on so buy it first than when you can spare the coin get the R.
Both cars are a must have.

Both equally good but each in their own ways.

FXX is more useful early on so buy it first than when you can spare the coin get the R.
Both cars are a must have.

I don't get much time to play so it's an either one car or the other for me. No driving aids and manual trans so I need to have a fast track car. The Zonda seems to be that one. Now I need to find a street car that can be just as fast for 650pp or less.

I don't get much time to play so it's an either one car or the other for me. No driving aids and manual trans so I need to have a fast track car. The Zonda seems to be that one. Now I need to find a street car that can be just as fast for 650pp or less.

Cant log in right now but iirc the nissan r390 road car will tune to about 650pp/850hp ish. And is much fun and pretty rewarding to drive. Non premium though so no interior. May be better choices but its an option maybe

Cant log in right now but iirc the nissan r390 road car will tune to about 650pp/850hp ish. And is much fun and pretty rewarding to drive. Non premium though so no interior. May be better choices but its an option maybe

I like only driving in the cockpit view, so only premium for me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I just purchased the Audi R18 and WOW what a race car. The only negative, and it's big for me, is the cockpit view is awful, you are so low and the tyres so high it blocks the sides of your viewpoint.

I would go for the FXX first because it is new. I also heard that it handles very well. The Zonda is a real ahdnfull, was in Gt5 anyway!

[...] Now I need to find a street car that can be just as fast for 650pp or less.

I've been using the Lotus Evora fully modded pretty much and using my own tune which I posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lotus-evora-09-tune-500pp-scirocco-rich.296154/ and I've been smashing Ferrari FXX's, Aventadors, Zondas and more with it easily, struggled a bit on de la Sarthe mind but it got there! Doesn't cost much either. Just remember if you're using my tune that all the parts are for 500pp, but in order to beat the higher cars I (you're probably better than me so you may not need to) had to stick everything onto it which makes it 562PP. Didn't change the tune at all though. Works perfect on all tyres.

EDIT: Sorry, I've just re-read your post, you want a street car that could be as fast as the Zonda. Not sure if the Evora would make that to be honest.

Zonda R is a must have, and the FXX is very popular - the Huayra does well at 650pp races.
Outside of the 650pp limit you need an FGT.

Last edited:
Don't know how people are struggling with this car. The fact that it wants to kill you in every corner is what makes me love it, can't really drive it like any other car and sitting and fine tuning the suspension and gearbox to get that perfect tune is all part of the experience...

Zonda R is a must have, and the FXX is very popular - the Huayra does well at 650pp races.
Outside of the 650pp limit you need an FGT.
Or just tune the FXX so it has a 1:1 power:weight ratio and all is good :D

Back