It has been a roller coaster of a year for FIA Gran Turismo champion Igor Fraga.
After winning the Toyota Racing Series in New Zealand back in February, he began looking forward to his first season in Formula 3. Since then, things have not exactly gone to plan for Igor — or anyone else in the world, for that matter!
Following a delayed start to the F3 calendar, Igor’s team has struggled, but that might be about to change. Igor scored his first point at Silverstone last weekend, and he remains optimistic Charouz Racing System can make more improvements with better luck.
To learn more, we had a chat with Igor to discuss everything that’s been going on. We covered a lot of ground, from his teammates, to what it’s like to race in the middle of a global health crisis, and what he thought about that Gran Turismo 7 trailer…
Thanks again to Igor for joining us! Here are a few noteworthy timestamps in the video above:
- 00:26 – Igor talks about scoring his first point
- 01:30 – How Charouz has worked to improve
- 02:57 – Qualifying challenges
- 04:30 – Getting along with new teammates
- 05:30 – Friends and rivals
- 06:45 – Dealing with a postponed F3 season
- 08:28 – Trouble getting to Europe from Brazil
- 09:33 – Racing during a global health crisis
- 10:40 – Returning to Gran Turismo?
- 12:27 – Thoughts on Gran Turismo 7
- 13:37 – That Gran Turismo facemask…
As always, subscribe to our YouTube channel for more!
See more articles on Igor Fraga.