1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no g25/g27 support?

Thanks kaz.....
OH but you do have support for the Thurstmaster????

FML

G25/G27 isn't a GT wheel, the new thrustmaster is. However my G25 works just fine so I don't care.

its not being a half empty kind of guy, its the fact that we were promised something in no certain terms, no mention was made of it being partially implemented, and then what we get is something akin to head-tracking; half done for only one mode. i would rather have it done right the first time than done fast a few times.

what we have right now is an over glorified beta; hell prologue felt more complete than this. at least what was promised in that game was actually 100% in that game. this on the other hand is insulting to me as a gamer on just how much a company can rely on after release patching for a title.

btw i hope it is added to gt mode eventually; im just very angry right now with the whole partial features shenanigans with this game

I understand that, but at the end of the day we don't know all the details. Sony may have told them they have to get it out RIGHT NOW and you can fix stuff through updates later. If this is true, Kaz may have wanted to wait until spring or whenever to release the game in its entirety. However, we just don't know the full story, so I will take it as its come and be glad they are offering follow up support and listening to fans by getting updates out as they are finished and this is only a couple weeks after the game released.

If they are so afraid of people backup saves and share they should've implemented a sync saves to your PSN account.
I wonder why they haven't thought about that simple solution...

Still no g25/g27 support?

Thanks kaz.....
OH but you do have support for the Thurstmaster????

FML

So you bought a wheel knowing full well that its not fully supported by the game and apparently its PD's fault.... right!

its not being a half empty kind of guy, its the fact that we were promised something in no certain terms, no mention was made of it being partially implemented, and then what we get is something akin to head-tracking; half done for only one mode. i would rather have it done right the first time than done fast a few times.

what we have right now is an over glorified beta; hell prologue felt more complete than this. at least what was promised in that game was actually 100% in that game. this on the other hand is insulting to me as a gamer on just how much a company can rely on after release patching for a title.

btw i hope it is added to gt mode eventually; im just very angry right now with the whole partial features shenanigans with this game

unfortunately that will be a part of every highly anticipated videogame. patches and what not will always be the devs safety net to fall back on if they dont get things done on time.

Not every country around the world can afford these 100mb updates every 2 weeks. I guess, professor, you know some plans charge you 10 cents for every mb you go over right?

PD please disregard the rest of the world and revolve your plans around "educated" Americans.

If you can't afford 100MB, disconnect your ps3, as it sends and receives information without your approval most of the time. That was my point. I lived in NZ years ago, so yeah, I knew that. I unplugged my playstation.

Side note, was this give-and-take really worth the bandwidth you spent on it? I'm just saying I'm all for the quick updates, because they constantly whittle away at the annoyances of the title.

If i had a dime for every time i read a complaint on how GT5 took to long to be released, then when it was released it suck....... i could buy the game its self.

I MEAN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! STOP (pregnant dog)-ing AROUND AND GO PLAY FORZA!

Not every country around the world can afford these 100mb updates every 2 weeks. I guess, professor, you know some plans charge you 10 cents for every mb you go over right?

PD please disregard the rest of the world and revolve your plans around "educated" Americans.

Well then that's too bad for you and them. Others shouldn't have to miss out on updates because you guys have crappy internet plans.

Relevance? So a Kiwi and an Aussie would rather play the launch date version of the game than the latest one, which aims to fix the game's problems, because they pay per GB fees, and I find that ridiculous... (Hint: disconnect your PS3 from the internet before you play this game, save yourself some money). This means I hate the rest of the world? Ironic, as I'm a traveling professor :).

Anyway, back on topic, I'm a wee bit excited that they're releasing updates regularly, as another poster stated. There's a darn good chance this game lives up to some of our hype... eventually. Side note, I love it anyway.

Ummm speak for NZ maybe, but here in Australia, we don't necessarily pay per Gb. In fact, I work in the telco industry, and I can not think of a company here who provides such a poor service. So please when replying to a comment, don't generalise. Not one Aussie member posted about paying per GB.
You may be a traveling professor, but your comment was uncalled for.

If i had a dime for every time i read a complaint on how GT5 took to long to be released, then when it was released it suck....... i could buy the game its self.

I MEAN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! STOP (pregnant dog)-ing AROUND AND GO PLAY FORZA!

You know, all the blatant apologists are almost as bad as the excessive whiners.

omg people should stop complaining and just talk about the update.

so it's confirmed only adjustable damage online? nothing else?

If you can't afford 100MB, disconnect your ps3, as it sends and receives information without your approval most of the time. That was my point. I lived in NZ years ago, so yeah, I knew that. I unplugged my playstation.

Side note, was this give-and-take really worth the bandwidth you spent on it? I'm just saying I'm all for the quick updates, because they constantly whittle away at the annoyances of the title.

It's not a 100mb in itself. There's the other weeks update. the PSN update. Next weeks update. The cod updates the super lego mario man update. This is all on top of the usual regular usage. It adds up.

Well then that's too bad for you and them. Others shouldn't have to miss out on updates because you guys have crappy internet plans.

Unbelievably hard facepalm at you.

Damage? we can have damage no? great! since it is a option and we have not spend on repairing the cars, for me Ok! I love options :drool:

Ummm speak for NZ maybe, but here in Australia, we don't necessarily pay per Gb. In fact, I work in the telco industry, and I can not think of a company here who provides such a poor service. So please when replying to a comment, don't generalise. Not one Aussie member posted about paying per GB.
You may be a traveling professor, but your comment was uncalled for.

I was assuming the poster of an earlier reply was Aussie because of his sig calling for lag-free GT5 in Australia. No disrespect meant to the non-dialup Aussies out there. Honestly, I was a bit surprised some parts of NZ still have the same craptastic service it did 5 years ago... Anyway, sorry board, off topic much?

So you bought a wheel knowing full well that its not fully supported by the game and apparently its PD's fault.... right!

Semi ridiculous post. Logitech used to be the flagship wheel of the GT series. They released the Driving Force GT but Kaz himself used and spoke about the G25 on many occasions. Therefore, many of us went out and bought the G25 or G27 assuming that this partnership would continue and that full implementation was just another thing to look forward to in GT5. Sadly, we were mistaken, but we detrimentally relied upon PD's implications that the G25/G27 were the "top of the line" wheels for the game. (As they were partners with Logitech, and these were/are the best that Logitech has to offer).

It's not a 100mb in itself. There's the other weeks update. the PSN update. Next weeks update. The cod updates the super lego mario man update. This is all on top of the usual regular usage. It adds up.

That would be nice if Sony made an Pendrive Update for Game Updates as there is for PS3 Firmware Update so you and your friends could share the same update file

If you want info go to the NEWS page of GTP
The mods here do a fantastic job of keeping this site updated and you all are only giving them more things to waste their time on instead of being able to provide us with the info we want.

I'm not really complaining about the updates - I'm glad they are being released to make the game better and it is great that they are small frequent updates rather than massive ones that take forever to download and suck all your usage in one go.
Can't wait to try mechanical damage out tonight - hopefully Leaderboards and online XP/Credits are next!

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what Kaz/PD does, they can't win. People will find something to complain about. Too many updates, too little updates, updates are too big, they didn't fix shadows, there's no damage in offline mode, servers are down during updates, they didn't fix glitch X, they didn't correct bug Y, they didn't add feature Z, etc...

Why do people expect 500 changes in one patch?

I wish the mechanical damage included damage from driving abuse, like for example dropping down gears too early and heavly over revving the engine.

Is this the one that has the damage update?

apparently yes

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-03-update-now-available/

UPDATE: The servers are back online and an in-game news notice has been posted, but it mentions nothing of exactly what changes v1.03 contains. However, as can be seen in the online “My Lounge” options for an online race, a new “Mechanical Damage” setting is available for the event with three settings, as described by the scrolling information bar on the bottom of the screen:

i'm still DLing, anxious to test it outside online races.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what Kaz/PD does, they can't win. People will find something to complain about. Too many updates, too little updates, updates are too big, they didn't fix shadows, there's no damage in offline mode, servers are down during updates, they didn't fix glitch X, they didn't correct bug Y, they didn't add feature Z, etc...

Why do people expect 500 changes in one patch?

Apparently they want a beautiful woman and some money on their doorstep too. I am not saying there aren't problems with the game, but people are complaining more now than they were before the patch. Its kind of an amazing phenomenon actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back