Anybody still play GT6?

• Thread starter Convergent
  • 207 comments
Restart after a month off , Touge Run 500pp and sport hard tires with JDM cars ! I need something new to come back on the drift scene as wheel spacers or new tracks !!!! Come on PD !!!

I played GT4 and GT5 until my hands were bleeding (literally), but I got bored with GT6 pretty quickly. Now I don't even play seasonals anymore. I guess I'm also irritated by the promises PD made and then... nothing. I honestly feel cheated, and I hate that feeling, so once in a while I look here, to se if any of the promises are being delivered. But they aren't. Where's that new track? Track editor? DLC?

So much for the whining. Which leads me to a question: Why does some of you get so upset by people whining? I mean, it's mostly legitimate complaints the whiners have?

According to Sheldon Solomon (check that dude out), people build their identity around a certain culture, and if anybody challenges their culture (and thereby their personality), they become instant enemies. Is that what's going on? :)

According to Sheldon Solomon (check that dude out), people build their identity around a certain culture, and if anybody challenges their culture (and thereby their personality), they become instant enemies. Is that what's going on? :)
I'd say that describes it almost perfectly.:cheers:

So much for the whining. Which leads me to a question: Why does some of you get so upset by people whining? I mean, it's mostly legitimate complaints the whiners have?
When it's legitimate constructive criticism, that's excellent. It's what every forum strives to achieve. Unfortunately, there's a lot of off topic random PD flaming going on at the minute, and a lot of their points are just incessant "PD is crap", "Lies, can't trust them, false advertising, court cases" etc. When a normal discussion thread gets invaded by that, it just opens the door for trolling.

Because some of us still love what Gran Turismo used to be. Back before patches were the norm, back before putting out an unfinished game with a list of stuff to follow months and years later, back before artificially inflating your content numbers was a thing, there were some great games.

GT5 and GT6 are decent games, but they're nothing compared to how spectacular some of the older games in the series were in their day.

Some of us remain in hope that the patches will make GT6 into the special game that it should be. Some of us remain in the hope that PD take some of the constructive criticism to heart in GT7, and produce a game that is worthy of being released in 2014/15.

It's great that people like yourself find the games to be so enjoyable. But understand that unless you have a very specific playstyle (which you probably do), it's tough to be totally satisfied with GT6. There are so many odd design choices that simply limit play to one way, and if you don't like it you're SOL.
I guess I am one of those few people that have that specific playstyle that allows me to enjoy GT6. I love the game and play every night.

While I somewhat agree with you @Imari I think what is more important is having a PSN friend's list that enjoys the same playstyle as you.

I still play it. I do the occasional grind of the X2014 Standard races to get some little big money to buy some cars & do some tuning. I spend most time hosting or being in lobbies when I am on.

I build cars to hoon in, then make semi replica things to race and rag about for my own amusement.

EDIT - Of course I race online. I constantly race. Racing is life!

I tried to play it again, Decided to try a car I used in the seasonals and see how far I can get against the AI, Safe to say I was bored by even the first race by the time I got to International B I put the controller down out of sheer boredom.

Don't play the Seasonals anymore, they're pointless. I play at least three times a week, though. I find my fun through other means than those provided by PD of late. I enjoy the FITT competition tunes and drive those all the time. I enjoy the Difficult Car thread as well as @DigitalBaka's Car of the Month. I'm REALLY starting to get into the photomode now that my PC is working again and I've downloaded paint.NET and Gimp. For those who are bored I highly recommend trying all of the above and more, since it's quite obvious PD is slacking on their end, so you might as well be creative and get your money's worth.

Edit, I also recommend trying @Ridox2JZGTE and Real Replica's, replica tunes! It's hours of fun building cars to feel and look like their real life tuner counterparts.

While I somewhat agree with you @Imari I think what is more important is having a PSN friend's list that enjoys the same playstyle as you.

I have a PSN list mostly full of people that enjoy the same sort of games as me. Few of us find GT6 very compelling.

Having PSN friends doesn't change anything. If you don't play in a way that meshes with the limited scope that GT6 offers, it doesn't matter how many friends you have.

Admittedly, if you do play in a way that meshes with what GT6 offers, then having friends to play with can only improve things for you. But that's also true of pretty much any game, not just GT6.

@Imari, I am talking about online racing - not chatting to PSN friends about your latest conquest of the stupid AI robots, or your latest lap times in the TTs.

Every night I have a blast with PSN friends racing online. Strangers join too. But it is the core group of friends that makes it so fun. After a while, if the strangers keep coming, I make them friends too.

You won't get any fun out of online racing from having a bunch of friends who think GT6 is crap. Want GT6 fun? Find people who will actually play the game for a start.

After playing GT2,3,4 and 5 i was excited to buy GT6 and for the first time i bought a game immediately (not waiting some months..). Well after the first 2 months i stopped playing GT6 for the many reasons you know.

So thanks PD!!!

@Imari, I am talking about online racing - not chatting to PSN friends about your latest conquest of the stupid AI robots, or your latest lap times in the TTs.

Every night I have a blast with PSN friends racing online. Strangers join too. But it is the core group of friends that makes it so fun. After a while, if the strangers keep coming, I make them friends too.

That was my point. My group of friends and I don't find it fun to play GT6.

It's not about whether you have friends or not. It's about whether you, and by extension your friends who like the same things as you, enjoy the game in the first place.

If GT6 isn't satisfying, grabbing a group of PSN friends and racing online is unlikely to make it so.

Frankly, if I want to play online I have other games with far better services and communities that I turn to than GT6. But I'd rather this not get derailed into an "X is better than Y because Z" thread.

And that was a free demo on PSN, wasn't it? 200k may actually be pretty high, considering people had to buy the game to enter this year.
I threw my hat into the ring this time around just because there's not much else going on. Same reason I'm now doing TTs I let slide in GT5.

I decided to try it again after i just passed my drivers to test to see if i got any better. Aparently i got worse... Does that mean physics are possible different than real life? Wierd

I decided to try it again after i just passed my drivers to test to see if i got any better. Aparently i got worse... Does that mean physics are possible different than real life? Wierd
What?
You're comparing a all-out timed lap on a race track to a drivers license test in which you probably didn't exceed 45 mph. No 🤬 it's different.

What?
You're comparing a all-out timed lap on a race track to a drivers license test in which you probably didn't exceed 45 mph. No 🤬 it's different.

Of course not. I drove the same car in GT6 as i did in life and went the exact same speed. Track was different but i mean still same car same speed. Main problem is just tires and FFB in GT6.

But yes, i still do play GT6. A lot actually

I have turned it on once since 1.06 dropped. The sheer stupidity of that update left a very sour taste in my mouth, add that to the fact that NONE of the game breaking bugs have been addressed, even after countless people bringing them up.

On the PS1, PD showed me what a car racing game should be like. On the PS3, they have shown exactly what one shouldnt be like. They have killed the series for me. Just so sick of their complete lack of communication and respect for their fanbase.

GT7 will need to be AMAZING for me to drop my cash on it.

Today I played GT6 again and enjoyed it a lot. Coming back after a serious break. I was also playing grid2 and F1 2013 before. Coming back to GT6 was a pleasant surprise. It is very good game and I noticed replays look amazing. They have made some changes I guess with the updates. Also no stuttering in Mt.Panorama in the middle chicane now. I immediately also noticed AI is pretty lenient unlike other games. Overall I loved it. I wish I could install the complete disk and play without it.

Yep. But haven't done any ASpec gameplay nonsense for months. I just use it like a simulator. Test driving various rides in Arcade with infinite lap count. Usually run 30 minute sessions and if it's a car I like, I'll run it for a few days like that. I like to get a feel of a car, just get in a groove and drive. I was so disappointed in GT6's gameplay that I forgot how nice the driving experience is. So now I just relax and drive-not bothered by what's lacking.

Back