Bioshock Infinite

Hmmmm. The blood and gore mutes my enthusiasm for the game.

Like I said in the Tomb Raider thread, I don't really like games where you're encouraged to use the bloodiest option first.

Your problem with bloody games could deprive you the possibility to play possibly the biggest titles for ps3 this year. The best farewell to playstation 3.

Anyway i didn't play any of previous Bioshock games but somehow i wait for this game impatiently, good thing is only few days from now. Maybe ill buy Rapture editions of Bioshock 1 and 2.

Your problem with bloody games could deprive you the possibility to play possibly the biggest titles for ps3 this year.
Maybe. But I consider it to be a price worth paying.

I don't like games where the player is encouraged to commit acts of violence. Shooting people who are shooting back at you is fine - but using the hook device to rip someone's throat out or tear into their eyes is not.

1j0olv.jpg

Creating Elizabeth: The Women That Brought Her To Life

I haven't play any of Bioshock games before so I've started from Infinite. I have now 24 hours of game play behind me and i have to say it's fantastic. Definitely going to spend my Cash on Bioshock 1 & 2 Rapture Editions and Infinite 👍

Next to Tomb Raider this is another Game of The Year strong contender.

I haven't play any of Bioshock games before so I've started from Infinite. I have now 24 hours of game play behind me and i have to say it's fantastic. Definitely going to spend my Cash on Bioshock 1 & 2 Rapture Editions and Infinite 👍

Next to Tomb Raider this is another Game of The Year strong contender.

I've been interested in Bioshock 1 and 2 for a while, but my backlog of games has always stopped me from picking them up. Infinite's environment appeals to me more, and I'm getting sucked in by the hype surrounding it.

To those who have played the first two games; would it matter at all if this is my introduction to the series? I'm seriously tempted to pop into EB on the weekend and plunk down a pre-order, as it looks like just what I need for when classes wrap up in a month.

While the games are all BioShock titles, Infinite is totally separate from the first two games. Irrational Games haven't even confirmed if they are set within the same universe. For all intents and purposes, you don't need to understand the events of BioShock 1 or BioShock 2 in order to understand Infinite. The only benefit you might get from playing the first two games is getting familiar with the controls.

If I wasn't way too busy with other games, I'd be all giddy with excitment now. As it stands, though, I've yet to finsih Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider as well as Dishonored...

Didn't even know it was out :lol:

Same here Luminis, still got crysis 3, Bioshock 1, dead space 2 to finish. Haven't even started playing Batman. I've got Saints Row third as well to start.

Must admit when I seen Bioshock infinite few months back it reminded me COD or Killzone set pieces and a total departure from the first trailer and Bioshock 1

I bought Infinite today. I'm a few hours in, and still struggling with the controls. Irrational slowed down Booker's movements, but the camera control seems to be on a hair trigger. It's very frustrating when you're in the middle of a firefight and trying to line a shot up, but can't because the camera is hypersensitive.

Got a serious back log thing going on here, which includes both Bioshock 1 and 2.

I'm a little past the half way point in BS 1. Do I need to finish both games first in order to fully enjoy BS 3?

Dude, post # 47, 6 above yours... :D

(short answer: no, you dont. you might still want to though, because the original Bioshock is still one of the best designed shooters in history and I personally loved the story and the setting, too)

Hello guys, i just want to introduce myself.

So my name is one hell of a happy Ayrton Senna fan, who has many sleepless nights waiting for him :scared::sly:

I've been interested in Bioshock 1 and 2 for a while, but my backlog of games has always stopped me from picking them up. Infinite's environment appeals to me more, and I'm getting sucked in by the hype surrounding it.

To those who have played the first two games; would it matter at all if this is my introduction to the series? I'm seriously tempted to pop into EB on the weekend and plunk down a pre-order, as it looks like just what I need for when classes wrap up in a month.
I havent played Infinite yet (rental is sitting at home) but you MUST at least play Bioshock 1. One of the most innovative games this generation. In fact it won a ton of awards including GOTY the year it came out. BIoshock 2 was just ok and by a different developer. You wont miss much if you dont play the 2nd game. The first is a must.

I cant wait to play Infinite tonight. Its by the same developers that made the first game so its going to be epic.

So, I kinda caved in due to the hype and got the game. Installed it, but I've yet to play it - time constraints and such :lol: But I'm gonna post an opinion as soon as I can 👍

/edit:

So, I played the game for a bit, and here's what I think of it so far:

It feels a lot like the first Bioshock. Both in terms of gameplay as well as the general setting of the story. Everyone who played the original Bioshock will be ble to pick up a lot of parallels between Rapture and Columbia at first glance. The atmosphere is also just as intense as Bioshock's was. Which, to me, means a lot, as that's no easy feat to achieve. Some new additions like the rechargable shield and available gear appear to be a nod to Borderlands two, at least at first glance. I'll have to uncover more to see whether that proves to be true.

The story telling has yet to kick into gear (I've killed dozens of enemies already but haven't even experienced a lot of the story), but it seems to be off to a promising start - but that might come from the fact that the game has very much the same vibe as the first Bioshock. The Plasmids (now called Vigors) are a bit more interesting than what Bioshock 1 had to offer, though. In my opinion at least.

So, yeah, I'm liking the game a lot so far. The only thing that annoys me a bit is the visuals. I know that Crysis 3 spoiled me and it spoiled me a lot. And Irrational Games chose to go with a more comic-y art style, which is fine (I think that suits the Unreal Engine better than realistic stuff), but it's still tough for me to be impressed with a game after playing Crysis 3 on almost maxed settings (which seemed to run more fluid than BSI does). Nonetheless, it's shaping up to be a great game - one of the few FPS games that's got me hooked because I want to get to know the story, that's for sure :lol:

Last edited:
Got a serious back log thing going on here, which includes both Bioshock 1 and 2.

I'm a little past the half way point in BS 1. Do I need to finish both games first in order to fully enjoy BS 3?

I dont really think that BS 3 is tied in anyway to 1 or 2 but i could be wrong. I just got Infinite today and i love the atmosphere of it and the new vigor potions. I loved BS 1 but i passed on 2 because i heard it wasn't anything special.

Back