Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (because you can't get any more modern)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 220 comments
I know this is not the thread, but I am really looking forward to a Bad Company 3 game.. if they are indeed making one. That, and a much improved MOH3 game.

COD ain't what it used to be. Feels too stale. As one member pointed out: the core shooting hasn't improved that much. THAT needs a major boost.

Looks good but in reality, the exosuit will be exploited, the lag will make it impossible to kill a guy that's moving all over the place.

Kids trying to quickscope and trickshot will flood the servers and campers will get into areas that you can't reach.

So with the Multiplayer reveal

Gamemodes
-
Hardpoint
-Capture The Flag
-Search and Destroy
-Domination
-Team Deathmatch
-Ground War
-Blitz
-Uplink (Similar to Oddball from Halo)
-Momentum (Similar to War for WaW)

BuxpvDnCQAA-iwM.png

-Esports Playlist

Gameplay
-Exo movement
-Boost jump
-Boost dodge
-Boost slam/melee attack
-Boost slide
-Pick 13
-Exo abilites (Cloak, Faster movement, Overcharge [Extra Battery]
-Scorestreaks apart of Pick 13
-Exo perks
-Virtual Firirng Range
-Perk that allows you to shoot while sprinting or sliding

There is more info but I don't have the time to go in depth

Videos

VERY similar to Titanfal.

Without watching all the videos, did they show any vehicles we can actually man ourselves? Tanks, jets, helicopters, cars, anything like we could in COD2 and WAW?

Hmm... I've never experienced what that's like since I don't do MP. I didn't really enjoy any of the campaigns that much after MW2. Although WAW and both the BOs games were nicely done, SP wise.

VERY similar to Titanfal.

Without watching all the videos, did they show any vehicles we can actually man ourselves? Tanks, jets, helicopters, cars, anything like we could in COD2 and WAW?
They said/showed nothing about it.

Why is everyone comparing it to Titanfall ? I can list like 5 games that Titanfall is exactly like. Just because it has similar mechanics doesn't mean its a copy.

No idea.

It's interesting to see such opposing opinions. You have people saying that it's the SSDD (to quote a member's previous post), yet you also have tons of players saying that it's 'not Call of Duty' enough.

The way I see it, they eventually had to ditch the Modern Warfare mantra. What's left is either space combat or uber-technology focused combat, or maybe both.

I'd love to see a steam-punk or diesel-punk WWI that was done (very well, I might add) in Black Ops II's Origin map.

Why is everyone comparing it to Titanfall ? I can list like 5 games that Titanfall is exactly like. Just because it has similar mechanics doesn't mean its a copy.
You seriously cant see the comparison to Titanfall? :dunce: Have you ever played Titanfall? I have played it on the X1 and the 360 and this is VERY similar. In a good way. I liked Titanfall, I don't care much for COD. So this COD looks like it could, maybe, be fun.

You seriously cant see the comparison to Titanfall? :dunce: Have you ever played Titanfall? I have played it on the X1 and the 360 and this is VERY similar. In a good way. I liked Titanfall, I don't care much for COD. So this COD looks like it could, maybe, be fun.
I've played Titanfall a bunch on my pc. I don't really want to compare them because there's so many other game titanfall is exactly like. But then again there's nothing wrong with that.

I think the titanfall comparisons are ridiculous. Titanfall has huge mechs with suits that let you jump really really high and run on walls in huge wide open maps.

This is tiny maps with suits that give you little boosts and small perks with killstreaks. It looks way more like every other cod game than titanfall.

It is the first cod game though that looks interesting in a long time. Im actually not even dreading playing it.

I guess I shouldn't say ridiculous. Maybe reaching would be better. Both games do have guns and jet packs.

Last edited:
I think the titanfall comparisons are ridiculous. Titanfall has huge mechs with suits that let you jump really really high and run on walls in huge wide open maps.

This is tiny maps with suits that give you little boosts and small perks with killstreaks. It looks way more like every other cod game than titanfall.

It is the first cod game though that looks interesting in a long time. Im actually not even dreading playing it.

I guess I shouldn't say ridiculous. Maybe reaching would be better. Both games do have guns and jet packs.
Thank you for saying that lol. I actually looking forward to playing this game than other previous cods. The last cod I played was BO2 and it was decent-ish.

Honestly, I don't see Titanfall. What I do see is Unreal Tournament, Tribes, Quake. The MP is so fast and frantic with dashes, high jumps, lasers, vehicles, etc. All it really needs is a translocater and I'll swear it's 1999 again.

Hmm the mp actually looks ok I guess the trailer just sucked but watching the gameplay looks kind of fun ill probably end up getting this as I didn't get ghosts thought it looked to much like mw3. Getting bored of bf4 now. This is going to be an expensive summer for me. Unless I get the games for my birthday and Christmas.

COD Ghosts SP is a decent one, you should get that. But you can skip it if you only do MP. Why don't you head back to Bad Company 2 for old memories' sakes?

War. War never changes. Call of Duty illustrates this by releasing the same game every year.

:rolleyes:

Maybe I've been playing different games than the rest of the people who spout comments like that, but there are clear differences between each game in the series, in my copies at least.

Back