Do You Think December 21 2012 is The End Of The World?

Do you believe that the armageddon will come in 2012?

• Yeah!!

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 33 7.7%
  • Nope!!!

Votes: 341 80.0%
  • I'll tell you tomorrow.... :scared:

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I heard about that. Even if they did factor that it, it's not gonna happen. I think there was an SNL sketch involving the creation of the calendar. I can't wait until 12:01 AM on December 22. Now that's a time I can look forward to. All those crazy people who who believe in this phony baloney junk will sure be mad then.

It's gonna be at least a few million years before the world really ends. The clock is ticking. The time bomb isn't.

Yeah, I heard about that. Even if they did factor that it, it's not gonna happen. I think there was an SNL sketch involving the creation of the calendar. I can't wait until 12:01 AM on December 22. Now that's a time I can look forward to. All those crazy people who who believe in this phony baloney junk will sure be mad then.

It's gonna be at least a few million years before the world really ends. The clock is ticking. The time bomb isn't.

They'll just say, 'oops! We misscalculated! The real date is this bla bla bla...' Over and over again and some people will continue to believe no matter how many times it's shown to be wrong.

The Mayan calender didn't count the fact that there's leap years now, so technically it should be 2013 already & that useless old calender should have reset.

Incorrect.

The Mayan Calendar does not count seasons, only days since creation.

The leap days on modern calendars are not extra days, they're just a way to bring the seasons back in line.

The prediction for 12/23/12 still stands.

The leap days on modern calendars are not extra days, they're just a way to bring the seasons back in line.

Incorrect, they're to make up for the .25 of the 365.25 days, which doesn't quite fit in with our calendar.

Actually they are there to keep the seasons in line (or more accurately, the calendar in line with the seasons).

The Gregorian calendar was adopted because a year is closer to 365.2422 days than the 365.25 the Julian assumes it is. But that's a whole 'nother topic.

I've also heard that the Illuminati are planning on faking a UFO event which during this time killing billions of people.Then the ones that are left they plan to control.

This is a group that also believes that Lucifer is the one and only true God.Sooo they are bit wacked out.

This event is supposed to be planned on the December 21st date,so while people are distracted by all the Mayan stuff,the Illuminati will be carrying out their plans.

Now remember this is just what I heard and i'm not saying any of this is true,I'm just throwing this out there with the rest of the December 21st claims.

There are also people that claim to be from the Ashtar Command (like a galactic counsil), that will come and bring all the baddies (bankers, illuminati etc.) to justice and elevate humanity to 5d instead of the 3d existence we live now.

There have been arrests of corrupt high-ups in the banking world recently though so the Ashtar command, or whatever they call themselves has got quite a few believers.

There are also people that claim to be from the Ashtar Command (like a galactic counsil), that will come and bring all the baddies (bankers, illuminati etc.) to justice and elevate humanity to 5d instead of the 3d existence we live now.

There have been arrests of corrupt high-ups in the banking world recently though so the Ashtar command, or whatever they call themselves has got quite a few believers.

Well now that's something I haven't heard of before.On my next day off I'll do a bit of research on them.They sound pretty interesting.

Anyone that beleives any of this garbage are whacked. People make up all this crap to scare people. I don't have any set religion therefore I don't believe half of these groups people talk of exist.

Well now that's something I haven't heard of before.On my next day off I'll do a bit of research on them.They sound pretty interesting.

http://www.divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1047-liens This link "explains" the alleged mass arrests, sounds too good to be true, I haven't invastigated into it myself at all, so I can't really judge on it.

The "Ashtar command" is believed by many to be demonic/demons in disguise, being part of the plan.

I heard the dinosaurs ignored the Mayans too. Look what happened to them...

It seems FOX news thinks they are still very well alive and "as intelligent and cunning as humans".

It better not be the end of the world, it's my mother's birthday. She'd be pissed if it would spoil the birthday party..
--

In my opinion, the prophecy of this "End of the World" is the same as the saying we have here in Denmark (maybe in other countries too): "If you tell people often enough that a horse is blue, eventually they'll believe the horse is blue".

This prophecy has existed for so many years and it's been discussed so many times that some people believe it. Same can be said about Jesus and his achievements (sorry to those of you who believe he could walk on water)...

I read something about how the mayan gypsy craps dont account for leap years and other certain days meaning this wouldve happened decades ago or something. And above all it's bs any way.

I read something about how the mayan gypsy craps dont account for leap years and other certain days meaning this wouldve happened decades ago or something. And above all it's bs any way.

Mayan people and Gypsies are not the same.

There's discussion about that at the top of this page... Just take the minute required to read it before you post.

http://www.divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1047-liens This link "explains" the alleged mass arrests, sounds too good to be true, I haven't invastigated into it myself at all, so I can't really judge on it.

The "Ashtar command" is believed by many to be demonic/demons in disguise, being part of the plan.

It seems FOX news thinks they are still very well alive and "as intelligent and cunning as humans".

:lol:

Zenith013
There's discussion about that at the top of this page... Just take the minute required to read it before you post.

Ah. Typical. Cant post my two cents on anything without someone telling me "your doing it wrong". Sheesh. Anyways, back to
Mayans.

Yeah, the world's gonna randomly implode for no logical reason other than the Mayan calendar starts a new age.

Let me put it this way: say the world does end on that day, what will all the believers' scare-mongering have achieved? Nothing. We'd still all be killed anyway. There's no point even thinking about it for any length of time. It's not gonna happen, but if it did, no amount of preparation could stop it anyway.

The world could end in a half hour for all we know.

Ah. Typical. Cant post my two cents on anything without someone telling me "your doing it wrong". Sheesh. Anyways, back to
Mayans.

Sorry, you don't get to play the innocent commenter with a good helping of the pity riposte and expect to simply move on.

Saying "I read something" somewhere is not adding your two cents. You are not adding anything to the conversation when you blindly drop into a discussion to make a willfully ignorant point without bothering to read the previous posts.

I award you no points. 👎

This is as far as I'm going to take this with you.

Zenith013
Sorry, you don't get to play the innocent commenter with a good helping of the pity riposte and expect to simply move on.

Saying "I read something" somewhere is not adding your two cents. You are not adding anything to the conversation when you blindly drop into a discussion to make a willfully ignorant point without bothering to read the previous posts.

I award you no points. 👎

This is as far as I'm going to take this with you.

This is my last post with you as well. It is my two cents however as I agree and know that as well. Everyone is new to a thread at one point so I did drop in blindly. I did read the previous posts but obviously not enough of them. And lastly you don't own the forum. I and many others don't need your help. Have a great night.

But...

We've always known that to be the case. Zip back to the beginning of this thread:

No since the Mayan calendar isn't ending in 2012, is doesn't end for another 41,341,049,999,999,999,999,999,994,879 years.

Indeed. Even if you ignore the fact that the Mayan calendar isn't ending - it's rolling over from 12.19.19.17.19 to 13.0.0.0.0 and has lots of mileage thereafter as Joey points out - we get these kooky predictions all the time, even on GTP...

So do we. Our cycles end every year on December 31st. We have other, bigger ones that end every ten years, hundred years, thousand years, ten thousand years and in fact every time we need to put a new unit in place.

The Mayan - or Mesoamerican - Long Count calendar won't end until a considerable time after the Earth is swallowed by the Sun, the galaxy coalesces with the Andromeda galaxy and, in fact, after the universe itself ends.

A cycle ends. The calendar doesn't. Like Joey said.

This particular cycle is one of the bigger ones - a nearly 400 year one - but not the biggest. Besides which then we already had a Gregorian Calendar cycle of more than twice that magnitude ending a few years back (no cataclysm). Incidentally, the b'ak'tun ends on December 21st, not 23rd. We've also seen b'ak'tuns ending in September 1618 (no cataclysm), June 1224 (no cataclysm), March 830 (no cataclysm), December 435 (no cataclysm)...

The discovery here isn't a "new" Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. It's just one written on a wall rather than on a specific artefact.

The world will end the day that crazy conspiracy theorists stop claiming that because some ancient person said something that may have vaguely suggested something mildly similar to what they're trying to gain attention by saying, the world is going to end.

Well since the Mayan thing is busted,that only leaves the other event now.I think that one is more scary than the Mayan event. *too afraid to say what it is as they might be watching* :scared:

Well since the Mayan thing is busted,that only leaves the other event now.I think that one is more scary than the Mayan event. *too afraid to say what it is as they might be watching* :scared:

ancient-aliens-guy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back