FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments
Reality check...probably just a Nissan GT-R with "FIA" on it. :(

I doubt that very much. Its not a GTA event. It supposed to be FIA events coinciding with in game events. A GTR with FIA on the side doesn't seem very realistic at all. Them being very clear the GTR LMP1 will be in the game & taking part in said events makes them adding the LMP1 car a much more plausible scenario. I only hope the dont forget about the GTR GT500 when doing so as it would be nice to have.

One of the theories I was having was that a specific manufacture that runs in most of the FIA championships would be the "single make"/sponsor of the event. So like either Mclaren or Ferrari. So we get their GT3 car, then F1 car, and then some sort of generic VGT LMP1 car. Again...just a fun theory in the dead of winter. As a "realistic" theory, that Nissan one has some chance...though the LMP1 car from Nissan might be a while off...or not. It's Nissan. :P

The current PS3 can't cope with the current graphics technology. I own both PC sim and also PS3 GT6. I use Nvidia GTX970 on PC and everytime I play GT6, I just feel playing games that made in 80s :D

So this FIA content must be on PS4, with stable framerate it will be a killer.

The current PS3 can't cope with the current graphics technology. I own both PC sim and also PS3 GT6. I use Nvidia GTX970 on PC and everytime I play GT6, I just feel playing games that made in 80s :D

I know almost everybody complains about graphics and sound, but racing loving players don't care too much as long you have a very well scanned track and superb car feeling. Graphics can be bad, the only thing I need is the feeling of the car... Visibility is poor anyway if you drive in rain, snow or mud, but vehicle dynamics are gold. Why have CGI enhanced spectators (lets say), when you are racing with no feedback in your steering wheel (at least, as long as the G forces around you cannot be replicated without using a sophisticated "hydraulic piston controlled cage" type of simulator). I don't even see the spectators, but I care about tire pressure, camber angle, gear ratios and accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input, but when it comes to racing all you see and feel in your "bubble" is other cars around, road conditions and characteristics, braking points, grip, time on the stop watch, correct and effective racing line on the given track, gas consumption, tire wear.... and other racing related details. They easily can host any kind of event with what they have created so far. What it seems they lack is creativity of mixing up what they already have available... A huge amount and variety of cars (gokarts, electric, rally, one seaters, production, historic or GT level) with many track configurations. On top of this they can use a little more advanced set of penalties leading into challenging players to keep the simulated car on the track and off touching other vehicles.

Last edited:

You know it's already announced as coming this spring right? That's a little over 2 months from now. Source

My game works fine, Is your disk scratched or dirty, sometimes really old PS3 just have a hard time running some games. It certainly works though, nothing broken.

I hope it's soon and we get some new cars to go with it. :D

Fan boys will be fan boys

I love GT but I am not retarded enough to say its flawless. The game has 100s of bugs and they have not addressed them a year later.

uh...the PS4 has been out for a little over a year already.
tumblr_inline_mfbf39CDBC1r9b21g_zps1d33e483.jpg

You know it's already announced as coming this spring right? That's a little over 2 months from now. Source
There are of course 2 springs. :lol:
But from what I know the quote of 'spring' came from a Japanese author on the Pitstop blog.
So as you say, it seems fair to assume it's the northern hemisphere spring that was being referred to.

Also, regarding the PS3 vs PS4 question.
A quote from the Eurogamer interview :
"Details, as is so often the case with Yamauchi, are hazy - "I'm not sure how we'll do it right now," he says, "I think on Gran Turismo 6 it'll be something like a pre-season series, and it's more realistic to say we'll have the complete series in Gran Turismo 7"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-04-how-gran-turismo-plans-to-save-motorsport-from-itself

Still no reason for me to buy PS4. The only reason I bought PS3 solely GT6..and followed by Last Of Us :D

The G27 missing support for PS4 will be huge letdown for PD

There are of course 2 springs. :lol:
But from what I know the quote of 'spring' came from a Japanese author on the Pitstop blog.
So as you say, it seems fair to assume it's the northern hemisphere spring that was being referred to.

Also, regarding the PS3 vs PS4 question.
A quote from the Eurogamer interview :
"Details, as is so often the case with Yamauchi, are hazy - "I'm not sure how we'll do it right now," he says, "I think on Gran Turismo 6 it'll be something like a pre-season series, and it's more realistic to say we'll have the complete series in Gran Turismo 7"
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-04-how-gran-turismo-plans-to-save-motorsport-from-itself
Good point with the 2 springs.... I do not see GT7 out sooner than late 2016 - Xmas - early 2017, because is no time to physically squeeze the not released yet part of the game in less than 18 months, at the pace they are releasing updates now. I could be wrong, but If they start speaking seriously about releasing GT7, they are risking " a class action false advertising lawsuit" (speaking about b-spec and course maker) like was so well put on a different website. Kaz is not saying much, but I hope he was able to draw a plan for this and surprise the community, fill up the big FIA shoes with something worthy. Your input is highly appreciated, like all the other ones posted here.

P.S. The title of the Eurogamer article can have "or viceversa" in parentheses....

I know almost everybody complains about graphics and sound, but racing loving players don't care too much as long you have a very well scanned track and superb car feeling. Graphics can be bad, the only thing I need is the feeling of the car... Visibility is poor anyway if you drive in rain, snow or mud, but vehicle dynamics are gold. Why have CGI enhanced spectators (lets say), when you are racing with no feedback in your steering wheel (at least, as long as the G forces around you cannot be replicated without using a sophisticated "hydraulic piston controlled cage" type of simulator). I don't even see the spectators, but I care about tire pressure, camber angle, gear ratios and accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input, but when it comes to racing all you see and feel in your "bubble" is other cars around, road conditions and characteristics, braking points, grip, time on the stop watch, correct and effective racing line on the given track, gas consumption, tire wear.... and other racing related details. They easily can host any kind of event with what they have created so far. What it seems they lack is creativity of mixing up what they already have available... A huge amount and variety of cars (gokarts, electric, rally, one seaters, production, historic or GT level) with many track configurations. On top of this they can use a little more advanced set of penalties leading into challenging players to keep the simulated car on the track and off touching other vehicles.
I agree with you 100%!!!

I know almost everybody complains about graphics and sound, but racing loving players don't care too much as long you have a very well scanned track and superb car feeling.
Yep.

And it's funny how everyone's opinions on graphics change over time. Before GT6 came out, it was the best thing ever visually. (on consoles) And now, not so much.

Wait, isn't this about the online championship?
I think it's great that GT6 has secured a partnership with the FIA. Let's hope that something useful will be done with it.

Hi , i know that this is a reply to an "old" post, but this is the last article that I read about a start date of FIA online championship (i use the google translate and hope i have got it wrong):

Other notable award winners at the event included Nissan/Infiniti designer Shiro Nakamura, and FIA President Jean Todt. Todt, of course, was last seen with Kazunori at the ADAC headquarters in Munich, where the two unveiled the FIA Online Championship which will be hosted within Gran Turismo sometime later this year. ( by Jordan)
:boggled: i hope start before end of 2015.

Back