Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
people mocking kaz? I never thought i would hear the day. What have you guys accomplished that is anyway shape or form similar to what kaz has done? I dont want to talk about turn10 because that series has literally nothing i would want.

Do we claim to be video game producers? No, so the age old argument of 'could you do any better' is, as usual, pointless.

GT sells big but this is mainline Gt game we are talking about. Not some IOS crap. Simonk wants PD to make a brand new game on the ps3, not forgetting any new game has will have patches and dlc with it. And then make another game for the ps4 that hits the same window as GT3 did for the ps3.

You're living in a dream world.

Where on earth did I say that? I said they should release a polished, bigger PS3 game in the next couple of years as GT6 and then concentrate on the next game for the new console in a further 3 years time.

people mocking kaz? I never thought i would hear the day. What have you guys accomplished that is anyway shape or form similar to what kaz has done?

Apparently it's unjust to criticize people who have done more than you. Using this logic, people shouldn't be allowed to criticize the President of the United States or the Prime Minister of the UK. After all, they're much more accomplished than any person on this forum. Who am I, a normal tax-paying citizen, to criticize such accomplished people? I really should just be quiet and happily accept the flaws of society, or in this case, the flaws of a product that I spent my hard-earned money on: GT5.

I really hope these are not lies and that people don't rush PD, I want them to create a game as polished as GT1 with the content in GT4/5, that would be amazing :D

so simon k,

let me get this right. you want pd to release a bigger game than gt5 in two years time on old 2006 hardware when everyone is gearing up to next gen with the wii u already being released this year.

Then you want pd to make another game that hits within 3 years of ps4 launch. All i can say if you were the boss of PD you would run your 120 staff labourforce to the ground.

@interpol fan, nothing wrong with constructive criticism. But when it comes to car racing games, kaz is above everyone. There will no game this generation that will capture the magical feeling of 24hr experience of nubugring. You can fault kaz for his execution but his effort and dedication is simply untouchable.

@interpol fan, nothing wrong with constructive criticism. But when it comes to car racing games, kaz is above everyone. There will no game this generation that will capture the magical feeling of 24hr experience of nubugring. You can fault kaz for his execution but his effort and dedication is simply untouchable.

When it comes to politics, isn't President Obama above anyone who criticizes him? Yet funnily enough, people still criticize him, and they have the right to do so as tax-payers. Everyone has the right to criticize Kaz as well, considering we all bought his product.

And who cares about how much effort Kaz put in? In a competition, people don't win first place for putting in the most effort. They win based on their achievements- what they actually did. Kaz's achievement in this case is GT5, and unfortunately, it's an inferior game to Forza 4 IMO as well critics' opinions.

I hope GT6 will be on the PS3, based on GT1, GT2, GT3, and GT4 with all cars and tracks premium, and Bathurst. Just imagine it being announced to appear at E3 this year, how cool would that be? :D

When it comes to politics, isn't President Obama above anyone who criticizes him? Yet funnily enough, people still criticize him, and they have the right to do so as tax-payers. Everyone has the right to criticize Kaz as well, considering we all bought his product.

And who cares about how much effort Kaz put in? In a competition, people don't win first place for putting in the most effort. They win based on their achievements- what they actually did. Kaz's achievement in this case is GT5, and unfortunately, it's an inferior game to Forza 4 IMO as well critics' opinions.

in 2007 the critics alongside the team said F2 was the new gameplayer in town. Gran turismo better be worried. Then in 2009 their leader mocked kaz and the entire polyphony team. Gran turismo has been suprassed. Their fanbase laughed, hollered and lapped it up. In 2011 the chest beasting was a lot muted but the fanbase were still rabid as ever. They had the support of the biggest software company in the world and their console base is bigger than the ps3.

Inspite of all that. they lag behind where it matters. They could not pull in the average Gt fan. They tried not once but thrice. They could not pull Gt numbers. You want to know why? It's because of things like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO6JHZl-Cs

After 7 years on the market, forza will never ever match this video. Their leader will never match kaz's vision. So you can have all those dim witted critics who dont know their mario kart from iracing and 90 plus metacritic scores.

Gran Turismo wins where it matters most. As suitably demonstarted by the above video. Kaz's goes where the competition doesnt even consider. And it will happen on the ps4, ps5 etc etc

so simon k,

let me get this right. you want pd to release a bigger game than gt5 in two years time on old 2006 hardware when everyone is gearing up to next gen with the wii u already being released this year.

Will you get this 'next gen coming soon' crap out of your head. Wii U coming this year is just them catching up with Sony and MS since the original Wii was technically inferior, the Wii U won't be much more powerful than their current offers. And even if it is, that doesn't change the fact a PS4 nor new Xbox have even been announced yet. They are NOT around the corner, coming out this year.

Then you want pd to make another game that hits within 3 years of ps4 launch. All i can say if you were the boss of PD you would run your 120 staff labourforce to the ground.

By what, doing their job? Have you looked at any other gaming studio, particularly those making sequels in a series? 1 - 3 years is the usual timescale between games, so asking PD to release GT6 2-3 years after GT5 and then a next gen game 3 years later doesn't seem crazy to me.

Are you writing this guff with a straight face? Really there are dedicated fanboys and then there is, well, this. Kaz is not 'above everyone' when it comes to car racing games. He didn't invent anything and he hasn't made a product that outclasses all of the other games on the market, no matter what you try to claim. He and PD are open to criticism the same as any gaming company are. You putting them up on a pedestal just makes you look ridiculously biased and not open to anything other than the gods at PD.

in 2007 the critics alongside the team said F2 was the new gameplayer in town. Gran turismo better be worried. Then in 2009 their leader mocked kaz and the entire polyphony team. Gran turismo has been suprassed. Their fanbase laughed, hollered and lapped it up. In 2011 the chest beasting was a lot muted but the fanbase were still rabid as ever. They had the support of the biggest software company in the world and their console base is bigger than the ps3.

Inspite of all that. they lag behind where it matters. They could not pull in the average Gt fan. They tried not once but thrice. They could not pull Gt numbers. You want to know why? It's because of things like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQO6JHZl-Cs

After 7 years on the market, forza will never ever match this video. Their leader will never match kaz's vision. So you can have all those dim witted critics who dont know their mario kart from iracing and 90 plus metacritic scores.

Gran Turismo wins where it matters most. As suitably demonstarted by the above video. Kaz's goes where the competition doesnt even consider. And it will happen on the ps4, ps5 etc etc

Why do you keep trying to turn this into a GT5 vs Forza thread? None of what you just said is in any way relevant to the thread discussion which seems to have turned to GT6.

Inspite of all that. they lag behind where it matters. They could not pull in the average Gt fan. They tried not once but thrice. They could not pull Gt numbers. You want to know why? It's because of things like these

Vandaliser, you've been told this before, not once but multiple times. This isn't a GT vs FM thread and you know where that thread is, so go there with that comment. This is about Bathurst, I don't see what would warrant you to detract from that. Also that vid isn't fact it isn't evidence it just opinion, you passing it off as fact is also a violation of the AUP.

Why not learn to follow it instead of always trying to break it?

BACK ON TOPIC:

Is there any more pictures we can get or was that all that were given, I'd like to see the truck more and try to understand how they scan tracks.

Vandaliser, you've been told this before, not once but multiple times. This isn't a GT vs FM thread and you know where that thread is, so go there with that comment. This is about Bathurst, I don't see what would warrant you to detract from that. Also that vid isn't fact it isn't evidence it just opinion, you passing it off as fact is also a violation of the AUP.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Is there any more pictures we can get or was that all that were given, I'd like to see the truck more and try to understand how they scan tracks.

Agreed. I don't appreciate reading 6 pages of complete crap, especially on the wrong thread.
And back on topic, about midway through the first video JJ posted, I think I saw the crew up on some scaffolding platform with some huge scanner (to me) possibly a laser scanner, or one of those huge Panoramic cameras. Don't quote me saying I'm right, as this is just a guess.

BACK ON TOPIC:

+1 agreed. 👍 Keep the topic going thanks...

hey i didnt mention dan greenwalt's little baby in this thread. It was simonk and the rest who keep telling us over and over again on how gt should be like forza. LMAO

Anyways back to the main topic. Kaz knows what his audience wants. First it was monza. Then spa now it's bathurst.

Well before back on topic i feel the need to say: Forza is a wanna be GT and always will be.Period.

Back on topic and i don´t want to see any more comments about it ok? lol

Bathurst in GT6. Sounds more than good to me and if it is going to be in the PS3 sounds weird too because i don´t think the hardware could handle what Kaz has in mind when it comes to quality and fidelity in the visual apart. So it is going to be difficult not for him but yes for the PS3.
I think Microsoft and Sony are waiting to see how it is going to perform the new console from Nintendo (Wii U) and then again smash it with their own upgrades.

I heard that Sony is not going to use the same Cell CPU and it is going to change for APU from AMD simmilar to the one that maybe Microsoft is going to use. Imagine a quad core CPU with GPU intregrated and maybe other GPU (because APU´s are capable for crossfire: 2 GPU´s). That opens the door for more resolutions and better performance.

Of course this is all rumours but AMD was the first on release the new series this year and it is moving in the mobile and "small" market (as netbooks, notebooks, tablet PC´s, etc).
The power consumption is lower and has the same performance as nVidia. (not better drivers as far as i know but oh well)
So it could be possible for having a new console from here to 2 years max. Thanks to Nintendo.

(ok, i know, i am out of topic again...)

hey i didnt mention dan greenwalt's little baby in this thread. It was simonk and the rest who keep telling us over and over again on how gt should be like forza. LMAO

Anyways back to the main topic. Kaz knows what his audience wants. First it was monza. Then spa now it's bathurst.

No I didn't, stop being so damn immature.

If Kaz knew what the audience wanted, there wouldn't be the massive list that there is on GTP's Feedback page...

See, this is what happens when the news stops, we all go off-topic. jjh101, try to uncover some more news! :P

If Kaz knew what the audience wanted, there wouldn't be the massive list that there is on GTP's Feedback page...

See, this is what happens when the news stops, we all go off-topic. jjh101, try to uncover some more news! :P

Polyphony digital has 120 people. You have x amount of time to make a game. You cant put everything in it. It comes down to priorties.

TheEnd35000vr
Agreed. I don't appreciate reading 6 pages of complete crap, especially on the wrong thread.
And back on topic, about midway through the first video JJ posted, I think I saw the crew up on some scaffolding platform with some huge scanner (to me) possibly a laser scanner, or one of those huge Panoramic cameras. Don't quote me saying I'm right, as this is just a guess.

Hey mate,

That car wasn't a scanner, that was just a scaffold on a truck that they were using as a platform to take photos, towards the end that car is the one with gps (that car has done hundreds of laps this week from the wall on one side of the track to the other wall, they moved across about 10cm each lap, and they have a helicopter with the lasers video cameras etc attached, I haven't managed to get footage of the helicopter but I am trying.

Well it seems the big debate at the moment is if it will be ps3 or ps4, not I don't expect them to know but I'll head over at lunch and see what I can find out.

It comes down to priorties.
Of which Polyphony quite obviously got their priorities all wrong. Although we've all known this since launch. Polyphony Digital have 140 employees by the way.

jjh101
Well it seems the big debate at the moment is if it will be ps3 or ps4, not I don't expect them to know but I'll head over at lunch and see what I can find out.
If you could get Polyphony to acknowledge that they're making a game for PS4, you'd probably shoot to international stardom...

I have a feeling that Sony has probably already been in touch with the team telling them not to answer any questions from anybody and not to talk to anybody, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get blanked on your next visit. (Sadly)

A couple of workers.
424898_10150605236621545_646886544_9316871_1524630767_n.jpg

I have a weird feeling that one of them is the dude who told us about the last dlc :)
anybody can make out the tag on the truck ? *stalker mode*

Back