Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
i would be happy for gran turismo 6 to be a launch ps4 game.

the ps3 has 512 mb of ram.

just imagine if sony goes with 8 gb of ram. i shudder to think what these polyphony would do with all that power

I think the biggest thing to ask is whether gt6 is on the ps3 or not.

Other than that I would ask if they have visited any australian race teams.

Best news/tread on Gtplanet ever? jjh101 :) is the man, maybe you can check if PD are going to visit more Australian Tracks? I remember well ToCA RD 2/3 and the Australian tracks are very good!

What about these:
Philip Island
Eastern Creek
Sandown
Adelaide
Surfers Paradise
Oran Park

I'm sure GT6 for PS3. They didnt waste their time to develope JUST one game on PS3.
For bathurst all i can say it could be a DLC in late 2012 or could be for gt6 in 2014..
Nice job JJ.

I'm sure GT6 for PS3. They didnt waste their time to develope JUST one game on PS3..

Exactly. Plus Kaz said ages ago that GT6 wouldn't take as long as GT5 did. We know Kaz and time don't go hand in hand but he wouldn't say something like that if he was planning GT6 on PS4. Everything would change again and he would know it would take a lot longer.

GT6 will be to GT5 as Forza 3 was to Forza 2, I'd say. I don't mean content wise, I just mean the big jump in overall game quality whilst still being on the same hardware. I hope so, anyway.

Or at least a GT6: Prologue w/Bathurst, El Capitan, the Pagani Huayra and a bunch of other stuff. :)

No, definitely not. PD need to get out of this 'Prologue' habit and just focus on the real thing. A quick free demo yes, a paid bigger demo, no.

Exactly. Plus Kaz said ages ago that GT6 wouldn't take as long as GT5 did. We know Kaz and time don't go hand in hand but he wouldn't say something like that if he was planning GT6 on PS4. Everything would change again and he would know it would take a lot longer.

GT6 will be to GT5 as Forza 3 was to Forza 2, I'd say. I don't mean content wise, I just mean the big jump in overall game quality whilst still being on the same hardware. I hope so, anyway.

gt6 on ps3 will be dimishing returns. who gives a **** about forza? all forza look the same to me anyways.

if you want incremental increases then stick to forza series. some of us want generational jumps. I want 40 cars on tracks. i want nurbugring 24 experience on all tracks. Real time damage modelling.

Gran Turismo 6 will be on playstation 4. And that's how it should be. New more powerful hardware to take advanatage of kaz new vision

vandaliser
gt6 on ps3 will be dimishing returns. who gives a **** about forza? all forza look the same to me anyways.

if you want incremental increases then stick to forza series. some of us want generational jumps. I want 40 cars on tracks. i want nurbugring 24 experience on all tracks. Real time damage modelling.

Gran Turismo 6 will be on playstation 4. And that's how it should be. New more powerful hardware to take advanatage of kaz new vision

Way to attack a post..

Way to attack a post..

how am i attacking a post? i said, who cares about forza and it's incremental increases.

turn10 have already diluted their series by releasing the same game with minor increases over the last 5 years. That's not something i would want for GT

The content of Forza was irrelevent to the point I was making but since you felt the need to go into a defensive rant about Forza forget about that. Think about the jump between GT3 and GT4, that is what I'm expecting from GT6 on the PS3.

As I've said in the other thread, there are so many aspects of GT5 that can be improved upon that have nothing to do with the console limits and everything to do with time limits. For example you say you want Nurburgring 24 experience on all tracks, I assume you mean weather and night? Well that's entirely possible given more time, they can add that to all of the tracks. Don't need new hardware for that. Same goes for adding all of the tracks they removed from older games, the only limit on that is time converting them and space on the disc, which I believe for GT5 was plenty.

You don't know that at all, you're just guessing. A PS4 hasn't even been announced and isn't likely to be soon. Also, what exactly is "Kaz's new vision"?

No, definitely not. PD need to get out of this 'Prologue' habit and just focus on the real thing. A quick free demo yes, a paid bigger demo, no.

Yes that, or they can possibly release anything that can be released as DLC ie: new tracks, new cars, new events, etc., and save anything "major" like a better course maker as content for GT6?

Right now GT5 is nearing 16 months old. I don't think they should be releasing any big (in terms of status) DLC for GT5, it's too far into it's cycle and all but die hard fans have moved on to other games. I imagine any further DLC for GT5 will just be a few cars and then any other content or features they have can go on to GT6, possible released next year. That would be nearing 3 years after GT5, about right I think.

The content of Forza was irrelevent to the point I was making but since you felt the need to go into a defensive rant about Forza forget about that. Think about the jump between GT3 and GT4, that is what I'm expecting from GT6 on the PS3.

As I've said in the other thread, there are so many aspects of GT5 that can be improved upon that have nothing to do with the console limits and everything to do with time limits. For example you say you want Nurburgring 24 experience on all tracks, I assume you mean weather and night? Well that's entirely possible given more time, they can add that to all of the tracks. Don't need new hardware for that. Same goes for adding all of the tracks they removed from older games, the only limit on that is time converting them and space on the disc, which I believe for GT5 was plenty.

You don't know that at all, you're just guessing. A PS4 hasn't even been announced and isn't likely to be soon. Also, what exactly is "Kaz's new vision"?

You want inprovements. I got improvements. This game has been patched to hell and back. As far as i am concerned gt5 stands on it's merits as a game. what else could PD add? more tracks? more cars? That's what DLC is for.
In regards to forza, what's there to be defensive about? Why would i even consider that series when GT is all i need as a gamer. But that's not the point.

The point is incremental increases are pointless this late in the generation. Gt3 this generation was prologue. Gt4 was gt5. The ps3 has been released in 2006. Next gen is around the corner.

Why waste time and effort and resources making another GT game this late in this generation when a powerful more efficient console is on the way in a couple of years time? If PD starts developing Gt6 on the ps4 right now, then they coould add tens of stuff that are impossible on the ps3. More over the game would be launched alot earlier than when prologue was released on the ps3.

As for 24 hr on all tracks. That would take alot of time. Far too much time. And when you consider the alpha effects which the ps3 has hard time rendering then it's pointless to have it.

As for kaz new vision, kaz repeatedly said that there were so many things they wanted to have but were hindered by memory constraints of the ps3. And yet you want him and his team to waste time on another gt game on the ps3.

SimonK
I agree, sadly however, 5 Prologue sold over 5 million copies, so we can be guaranteed that Sony will want a 6 Prologue.

all forza look the same to me anyways.
Please visit an optometrist as soon as possible.

Kaz's vision limited to consoles power.He admitted some things about GT5 less a spec events eetc.We don't know yet what other things.He didn't tell ''I want 40 50 cars on Track''.It's just your imagination.
Maybe This time Pd dont need to release prologue for GT6 cuz Kaz said it won't take time like GT5 or Maybe will come out sometime next year.Who knows.Everyone has different demand . They take feedback from GTplanet.If we want acceptable demands they will implement to GT6.On the other hand for PS4 is up to SONY. If Sony releases any information or tip for PS4 in e3 2012. GT6 will be launch title for PS4.
That's all prediction.

how am i attacking a post? i said, who cares about forza and it's incremental increases.

turn10 have already diluted their series by releasing the same game with minor increases over the last 5 years. That's not something i would want for GT

Honestly, I would love it if PD released GT every two years with so-called "incremental" differences.

vandaliser

Unlike others, I completely, wholeheartedly agree with you. Kaz has explicitly stated that the ps3 held him back.

I will put it to you this way I do not wanna wait a century for GT7 on the ps4. That will suck more than waiting for gt6 now .

You want inprovements. I got improvements. This game has been patched to hell and back. As far as i am concerned gt5 stands on it's merits as a game. what else could PD add? more tracks? more cars? That's what DLC is for.

No it's not what DLC is for. Well it is to an extent of course but there is only so much you can add via DLC from a business point of view. As for what else PD could add to GT5, how about an offline game to match in scope to GT4? How about a level system that works?

In regards to forza, what's there to be defensive about? Why would i even consider that series when GT is all i need as a gamer. But that's not the point.

No, it wasn't. But you felt the need to bash it, and still do. Says a lot.

The point is incremental increases are pointless this late in the generation. Gt3 this generation was prologue. Gt4 was gt5. The ps3 has been released in 2006. Next gen is around the corner.

Why waste time and effort and resources making another GT game this late in this generation when a powerful more efficient console is on the way in a couple of years time? If PD starts developing Gt6 on the ps4 right now, then they coould add tens of stuff that are impossible on the ps3. More over the game would be launched alot earlier than when prologue was released on the ps3.

We're only this late in the generation because PD took so long bringing out GT5, what was meant to be a launch title. There is still plenty of life in the PS3 and GT6 on it wouldn't be a waste of time.

As for 24 hr on all tracks. That would take alot of time. Far too much time. And when you consider the alpha effects which the ps3 has hard time rendering then it's pointless to have it.

and it wouldn't take a long time doing the same thing to even higher quality tracks on PS4? I don't really get your point, you said you want that on every track, they could do it for GT6 on PS3 much quicker than on GT6 for PS4.

As for your comment about 'alpha effects' well GT5 at night in the rain on Nurburging is one of the greatest things I've seen on a game this generation so I don't think that's a problem. I would love those effects across all tracks and again the only limitation on that is time. If they can physically do it on the largest track in the game they can do it on all of the tracks smaller than it.

As for kaz new vision, kaz repeatedly said that there were so many things they wanted to have but were hindered by memory constraints of the ps3. And yet you want him and his team to waste time on another gt game on the ps3.

But as I said they can create a much better game on PS3 than GT5 which have nothing to do with memory limits. Yes those things he was restricted on will be great when the PS4 does finally ship but that's 2 or more years away at least, don't you want a kick ass PS3 game in the meantime?

Also, once again, Kaz said his other enemy when making GT5 was time. They have more of that now.

Kaz doesn't have enough focus as a project manager for GT to make a complete generational leap. That same so-called "forward-thinking" mentality is the reason that GT5 was released in such an incomplete manner. He just tried to do too much.

Also, I can't help but feel that 40 cars on the track is next to impossible for even next-gen console hardware

Money and resources does not grow on trees. i rather PD spend their whole time and effort making a brand new Gran Turismo on a powerful hardware which will allow a generational leap over GT5 and also give kaz the power to add things he wanted.

Better that than a new pointless A spec on the ps3. when a new console is just around the corner. Funny how you constant rail on pd for launching number five so late this gen and yet you want them to make a new GT game right now for pointless A spec and then another game for the ps4 just after that.

Kaz doesn't have enough focus as a project manager for GT to make a complete generational leap. That same so-called "forward-thinking" mentality is the reason that GT5 was released in such an incomplete manner. He just tried to do too much.

Also, I can't help but feel that 40 cars on the track is next to impossible for even next-gen console hardware

you can fault kaz for many things but his willingness to add as much as he could is one of his greatest assests. GT5 at launch had things it's nearest competitor could not even muster in 4 iterations. Please.

And kaz would have added much much more if it wasnt for memory resources of the ps3. As for the 40 cars bit, i think unless you're a programmer at PD i think i will take that with a pinch of salt

As I see it 40 cars online is possible, but you would have to pay to use it as it would cost a lot to run the servers.

Hey vandaliser... Just say that the PS4 does come out ok.... They will most likely still release it for the PS3 anyway... Like when the PS3 came out, they were still releasing games for both the PS2 and PS3 for if i remember correctly two or more years.... But really no sense in making a big deal about the subject until you get both GT6's and the PS4's release date....

Money and resources does not grow on trees. i rather PD spend their whole time and effort making a brand new Gran Turismo on a powerful hardware which will allow a generational leap over GT5 and also give kaz the power to add things he wanted.

No money doesn't grow on trees but did you fail to notice the budget for GT5 or the money generated by sales of GT5:P, GT5 and GTPSP?

Better that than a new pointless A spec on the ps3. when a new console is just around the corner. Funny how you constant rail on pd for launching number five so late this gen and yet you want them to make a new GT game right now for pointless A spec and then another game for the ps4 just after that.

Funny how you keep saying a PS4 is 'right around the corner' when nothing official has been announced. Even if PS4 is announced at E3 in May you're looking at eighteen months after that before it's released, so two years from now.

you can fault kaz for many things but his willingness to add as much as he could is one of his greatest assests. GT5 at launch had things it's nearest competitor could not even muster in 4 iterations. Please.

And kaz would have added much much more if it wasnt for memory resources of the ps3. As for the 40 cars bit, i think unless you're a programmer at PD i think i will take that with a pinch of salt

You crack me up with your blind worship of Kaz and PD. "Added as much as he could", give me a break.

At least the nearest competitor could muster a game with 500 premium cars, livery editor, rivals mode, autovista, better DLC, auction house, and many other worthwhile features. It also doesn't sport irritating features like the UCD or a paint chip system. I'd even argue that a game that the game like Forza 4 that remained visually consistent throughout is more next-gen than a game with PS2 graphics for the vast majority of the game's cars.

It seems like we're dealing with an extremist GT fanboy who refuses to look at the situation with any logic. GT has it's advantages, which mainly seem to be physics-related (although the Forza fans would dispute this), however, as a game, GT pales in comparison. Kaz just tried to do far too much and he can't be trusted not to make the same mistakes with GT6. Think about it. You seem to point to a lack of processing power as the culprit for GT's fall from grace. But this argument can be rendered useless as GT5's problems were obviously not related to processing power if T10 can make a more complete game with inferior hardware like the Xbox 360. Nope, GT5's problems lie in a lack of solid leadership by the project manager, as well as possibly a lack of employees at PD.

Of course, this is just MY opinion. I'm not intending to offend anyone. :)

people mocking kaz? I never thought i would hear the day. What have you guys accomplished that is anyway shape or form similar to what kaz has done? I dont want to talk about turn10 because that series has literally nothing i would want.

@simonk,

GT sells big but this is mainline Gt game we are talking about. Not some IOS crap. Simonk wants PD to make a brand new game on the ps3, not forgetting any new game has will have patches and dlc with it. And then make another game for the ps4 that hits the same window as GT3 did for the ps3.

You're living in a dream world.

did you think how's PS4 programming? What are difficulties about PS4.It takes alot times for sure. It's gonna be easy to develop but how much easy? PD prefers to develop well-known hardware to unknown hardware.

Back