GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
Wow, i totally forgot to compete this week, left it to almost the last minute :S anyways, after an hour of racing (and 2 blistering fast laps that i then clipped a wall right at the end...) i now have a clean lap that was half a second faster than my previous best, and coincedentally half a second quicker than the target time i thought i could push out :D

T1: 30.456
T2: 28.658

Also, i just had a quick look through, and at this moment in time my T1 and T2 splits seem to be faster than some of the Division 3 guys, how the hell did i manage that!!! lol

Just to make things interesting, how about some slower splits?!

Didn't get T1 quite right, but it was ok - same goes for T2 - but I had an epic PB in T3, so it was quicker overall, somehow... Had a 29.90x first split a few times but after about 10 laps I fell apart and then toiled for another 15 laps before giving up.

Maybe one more 20 lap session tomorrow before I submit but it's looking like this might be it.... tricky old laps to verify, the armco really didn't get much personal space. Finding that tenth in T1+T2 and not falling to the ghost is going to be really hard work.

Just to make things interesting, how about some slower splits?!

Didn't get T1 quite right, but it was ok - same goes for T2 - but I had an epic PB in T3, so it was quicker overall, somehow... Had a 29.90x first split a few times but after about 10 laps I fell apart and then toiled for another 15 laps before giving up.

Maybe one more 20 lap session tomorrow before I submit but it's looking like this might be it.... tricky old laps to verify, the armco really didn't get much personal space. Finding that tenth in T1+T2 and not falling to the ghost is going to be really hard work.

It's going to be a long Monday waiting for the results.

Right had enough, i just cannot get the t1 time down, on the odd occations i do better it by a couple of tenths i clip the wall. I'm sick of it now.

Right had enough, i just cannot get the t1 time down, on the odd occations i do better it by a couple of tenths i clip the wall. I'm sick of it now.

:lol: WRS Blues. Welcome, you're fully fledged WRSer now 👍

LOL i know the feeling, i kept being up by about .030 in the 1st sector and then completely messing up the hairpin. I did however then floor it into a few walls to make myself feel better before trying again haha

Found a bit in t1, but slightly slower on the power after the double left before the hair-pin. Found some time through the S, shifting up to 5th for the left, then back down to 4th as I turn-in for the right to take a tighter line with the greater traction. Slower 2nd split but better overall.

T1 30.135
T2 28.275

Hopefully a quicker run later tonight.

Cheers

Oof, not very competitive here.

T1 30.589
T2 29.369

I got issues with sector 2.

I'm not the only one who does that, then? :dopey:
:P Nope... Me in Week 2 - Supraman VIII

trialmountaincircuit6.jpg

trialmountaincircuit3n.jpg

Thanks to Matt? for putting me at the top of d2 on the leaerboard. Don't get there very often, especially this late in the week.

Come on t3.

Also, thanks to Kevin for diverting people's attention with a great new combo.

Finally, again where I started...... The tentation to lower it to my PB (29.9xx T1 and 27.96x T2) is very strong, but even sweet things (aside of love) should have a end.
Also it's one of my best T3, and .15 margin to my best splits is the littlest since I started WRS, so....

Submitting with these ones:

T1: 30.003
T2: 28.054

Also checked all closes: no one within 5cm from the rail :D
Good luck to later tries and... starting the long wait for results :)

OK, so Matt and Duck have awesome T3's, Chuk & Baron I'm not sure about. I already said mine was a hair better than average...where's Joao to make us all start bickering for 2nd and 3rd in D2? :dopey:

Way to make it interesting, gents. 👍

Small Improvements in all 3 sectors, I think that I will go with these splits even though I am really enjoying this combo.
To bad I didn't get started on this earlier this week. :)

I'm not the only one who does that, then? :dopey:

HAHA nope, i don't always do it, but when it comes to being a few hundreths up and then messing it up the car deserves to be broken (even if it was my fault :( ) lol

OK, so Matt and Duck have awesome T3's, Chuk & Baron I'm not sure about. I already said mine was a hair better than average...where's Joao to make us all start bickering for 2nd and 3rd in D2? :dopey:

Way to make it interesting, gents. 👍

OK, how do you know how good their t3's are? I'm not sure about mine either, but I think it's pretty good.

Joao better not show up now. I can't wait until this week is over.

I think this is my final! Fast sectors, but not all in the run. Has a better time but too close, great combo and lots of fun chasing my ghost through the night.

I don't "know" how good they are, but they said:

(millross) but I had an epic PB in T3,
(Duck) Also it's one of my best T3

The one lucky T3 I got, in a thrown-away lap, was a good indicator of how much can be gained there. :scared:

...where's Joao to make us all start bickering for 2nd and 3rd in D2? :dopey:

Joao better not show up now. I can't wait until this week is over.

Not sneaking up this week with any splits, but really enjoying the fight on D2 so always here. Can´t wait for tomorrow night :crazy:

(This week i´m at TT Tsukuba, currently 71º, exactly one second behind Ramon :scared:)

I know my T3 is good it feels really sweet, in fact everything from the first hairpin feels solid. Its the fast 90 left and turn 2 that ruin my lap, death by understeer.

I just had a better epic Pb in T3! Shame it sends me even lower on the lb.... Need to lap more........

I don't "know" how good they are, but they said:

(millross) but I had an epic PB in T3,
(Duck) Also it's one of my best T3

The one lucky T3 I got, in a thrown-away lap, was a good indicator of how much can be gained there. :scared:

Understood. I taught myself not to get my hopes up on my final sectors because of past disappointments on what I thought were good runs.

I submitted with the posted splits and the t3 was my best by .2, but maybe the rest of mine were just really, really bad. We'll see.

SpecialStageRoute5.jpg

Yikes

Gonna submit on this one now, got to that point of frustration where I just end up overdriving and drive like a :dunce: Gonna be an interesting one!

Good luck all 👍

The curbs around the first T2 bend after the hairpin, are they not allowed? There isn't an invisible wall between curb and those barriers.

I was kind of clipping the curb, like an apex.. :nervous:

qsYCW.png

I think this is my final! Fast sectors, but not all in the run. Has a better time but too close, great combo and lots of fun chasing my ghost through the night.

Darn it Dale! Now I have to go and try to beat your time again! I am telling my wife it is your fault I am behind the wheel again!!!!! :P

Al

Back