GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
Are the grey colored curbs considered Walls? Example the curb below the shrubs on the first right hand kink in the lighted trees shown below?

Al

SpecialStageRoute5.jpg

Are the grey colored curbs considered Walls? Example the curb below the shrubs on the first right hand kink in the lighted trees shown below?

Al

SpecialStageRoute5.jpg

Yes, they are too tall to be rumbles. They almost certainly have invisiwalls to go with them as well. Please avoid hitting the side of your tires/wheels on fixed objects.

This is by far the most addictive combo of my short WRS career!

A few laps later, I was able to get .5xx T1's pretty regularly (even saw a .374 once), but then I started to be slower in the rest of the lap... time to take a break I guess and try again tomorrow. I will also try the different BB/ABS settings mentioned in the thread.

I will also try the different BB/ABS settings mentioned in the thread.

It's been three days of disappointing sessions:nervous:, maybe trying different ABS would do:idea:. keeping it a 0 making the car too much alive under-over-under steer:drool:, change the BB:idea: i can't prevent myself from asking a silly question:nervous:.
As far as i know BB is not changeable unless you are running on DFGT or any other onboard buttons adjustment am i right here? :ill:

May give this another shot over the next few days, let's say the first sessions weren't very successful.. and that weaving is persistent :crazy:

It's been three days of disappointing sessions:nervous:, maybe trying different ABS would do:idea:. keeping it a 0 making the car too much alive under-over-under steer:drool:, change the BB:idea: i can't prevent myself from asking a silly question:nervous:.
As far as i know BB is not changeable unless you are running on DFGT or any other onboard buttons adjustment am i right here? :ill:

No you can map the RA buttons in the menus - back out to the very front screen and select the "cog" icon, for the settings menu. Then find your way to button mappings and have a fiddle. It takes a little bit of tinkering to get it right with the DS3, but that's what you need to do. It takes 5 buttons to be mapped for it to work - 1 to bring up the RA menu, up/down on the menu itself and then left/right selections for each option.

What Matt said ^

I have mine mapped to the L3 button to bring up the menu then the left arrow pad to scroll through it all, works pretty well. You may need to sacrifice the horn though :scared:

I have mine mapped to the L3 button to bring up the menu then the left arrow pad to scroll through it all, works pretty well. You may need to sacrifice the horn though :scared:

Horn and/or windscreen wipers - I prefer to keep the horn ;)

Latest splits, and maybe my last.

Might have .05 - .08 left in me, would probably take hours and hours to achieve.:crazy:

Better T1, bit slower T2, better OA.

T1, 30.016
T2, 28.244

I'm having difficulty submitting my times. Can someone please help? I read https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180298 and I did my best to follow the format listed however it's confusing.

The guide states

"How do I post splits?

View the replay from your fastest lap, go to the Live Timing tab and your split times will be displayed as the replay plays. We post our splits so we can see how each other is doing, this is not compulsory, but it is encouraged. You can still submit if you don't post splits, and you don't have to submit if you do post splits.

This very clever site reads your splits from your post in the relevant race thread. All you need to do is post your splits as you see them in the Live Timing screen. For example:

T1: 17.880
T2: 15.789
T3: 40.611

However, the guide as well as this thread also state:

"How do I post my official result at the end of the week?

By sending a PM to WRSFetchbot.

The subject must be in the form of: "GTP_WRS Week 1 Submission" where the week number must be replaced with the current week.

The body must be in the format of: "Time: X'XX.XXX" Example: "Time: 1'10.100"."

I submitted my times as follows (with the "GTP_WRS Week 50 Submission" in the subj line):

coastiespeed
Time: 0'30.172 0'28.846

coastiespeed
T1: 30.172
T2: 28.846

coastiespeed
Time 1: 0'30.172
Time 2: 0'28.846

coastiespeed
T1: 0'30.172 T2: 0'28.846

:dunce:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
@coastiespeed

You post T1 and T2 splits in these public threads, you submit a TOTAL lap time to WRS Fetchbot - they're two independent things. When posting publicly, you never detail the total lap OR last sector time and likewise, for submissions, WRSFetchbot doesn't care about splits.

so for splits:

t1: etc.etc
t2: etc.etc

or you can omit the t1: t2: part entirely and just post numbers, as many do

for submission - you PM WRS fetchbot and put (without the quotes) "Time: x'xx.xxx"

The spacing, punctuation and digits need to be exact on the submission PM.

You have the idea for splits but not for your submission time, which should be the total lap time - when you've saved your best lap using the "Save best lap" feature - the lap time will show if you go to the Replays screen via the camera button on the GT Home screen.

I'm having difficulty submitting my times. Can someone please help? I read https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180298 and I did my best to follow the format listed however it's confusing.

The guide states

"How do I post splits?

View the replay from your fastest lap, go to the Live Timing tab and your split times will be displayed as the replay plays. We post our splits so we can see how each other is doing, this is not compulsory, but it is encouraged. You can still submit if you don't post splits, and you don't have to submit if you do post splits.

This very clever site reads your splits from your post in the relevant race thread. All you need to do is post your splits as you see them in the Live Timing screen. For example:

T1: 17.880
T2: 15.789
T3: 40.611

However, the guide as well as this thread also state:

"How do I post my official result at the end of the week?

By sending a PM to WRSFetchbot.

The subject must be in the form of: "GTP_WRS Week 1 Submission" where the week number must be replaced with the current week.

The body must be in the format of: "Time: X'XX.XXX" Example: "Time: 1'10.100"."

I submitted my times as follows (with the "GTP_WRS Week 50 Submission" in the subj line):

Thanks in advance for the help!

You only need to submit your final total lap time, not your split times.

Just curious, have you gone thru the qualifier yet?

Edit: Millross beat me to your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111999&page=74

Division 4 Bronze (4.667 - 4.999):

GTP_DAKS1 / XxtomxX / Scotland (4.755)
GTP_Davrusi / Davrusi / Portugal (4.782)
GTP_CarbonFibers / coastiespeed / USA (4.894)

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Welcome to the WRS.👍

D4 Bronze, that's where I started out too. Racing against the guys here will definitely improve your skills, at least I did for me.:)

GTP_CarbonFibers / coastiespeed: you're just what I needed, another D4 who's faster than me :P Welcome, anyway ;)

Maybe I spent waaaay too much time on my qualifier :odd:

Going to get some laps in before the Rolex 24 begins.

Somehow managed a faster lap.

Last edited:
segovia
GTP_CarbonFibers / coastiespeed: you're just what I needed, another D4 who's faster than me :P Welcome, anyway ;)

Maybe I spent waaaay too much time on my qualifier :odd:

Competition breeds excellence... or something like that.

EDK
Yes, they are too tall to be rumbles. They almost certainly have invisiwalls to go with them as well. Please avoid hitting the side of your tires/wheels on fixed objects.

Thanks for clarifying Kevin. It sounded like a rumble strip when I brushed it but clearly it is a curb. Good bye dream lap! :ill:

Al

Improved by .200 at the line and I've got to the point where I will struggle to match the final sector so I think I'll call it a day and take my chances on what I have.

Good luck all. 👍

I think I am done. Might get some seat time Monday morning.
Al

My first attempt at any WRS event for a long time.
Might try to improve later, if I can find the time for it :)

Submitted with splits on the board, not particularly happy with them, hope my T3 can move me up the board.👍

Back