GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 50 : Running with the Night

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments

Amazing T2, mates 👍
Matching D1 split... and these 3 corners aren't that easy :dopey:
Will try tomorrow with both eyes opened.

I noticed a new bug in GT5.

If you enter the Time Trial in Arcade Mode and don't change the tyres in the options menu,
you can change the tyres in the in game options menu from Sports Hard to Comfort Soft.
If you do that and also have a ghost replay of a previous lap loaded, watching a replay will reset your tyres from Comfort Soft to Sports Hard.
:grumpy: :grumpy: bad one!
I always selected tires before entering track, but also saw my replays in game. If the bug only happens if you change tires in game, I wonder if this can affect other settings too (mainly SRF).

millross

First dozen laps.

Edit: Erm, this can't be right.....

Edit2: S2s FTW! Instead of going up 1 to N3s, I went down 1 to S2s. Well that was 20 minutes well spent, back to the track!

Correct tyres this time - just a quick 6 laps on the S3s, not quite as much grip!

BB 5/7 ABS 8

Poor T3. All for tonight.

After reading all that (twice), I've still no idea which tyres you set your final laps on :lol: comfort softs I hope :sly:

T1 is driving me crazy. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Had a couple. 0xx but mostly it just stinks. If I can figure it out I'll be in pretty good shape.

With you on that one, saw a 30.1xx but cannot even replicate that now!

Would love to know where I am going wrong to find that extra 0.25-0.5s that I know is there.

Using ABS 1, TCS 0 and brakes 4/2

Last edited:
Reluctant to say this since ill cost me board position, but stay tight to the inside and stay in 4th for turn 1. You have to brake early, not light the tyres up and not run wide. Turn 2 is obvious and that's it for 30.0 or just under. 👍

Im on comfort soft Jon :lol:

Reluctant to say this since ill cost me board position, but stay tight to the inside and stay in 4th for turn 1. You have to brake early, not light the tyres up and not run wide. Turn 2 is obvious and that's it for 30.0 or just under. 👍

That's pretty much how I'm doing it, braking point seems critical I think and same for turn 2, get the braking point wrong and the whole lap is already over!

I noticed a new bug in GT5.

If you enter the Time Trial in Arcade Mode and don't change the tyres in the options menu,

you can change the tyres in the in game options menu from Sports Hard to Comfort Soft.

If you do that and also have a ghost replay of a previous lap loaded, watching a replay will reset your tyres from Comfort Soft to Sports Hard.

I noticed the same in the EU practice / EU b practice. , I set the tyres to Comfort Hards and then entered track , after 15 minutes of drifting I (pitted and) switched to Sports Softs (in the Alfa Romeo)

This resulted as very low grip on Sports Softs.
First I thought it could be that the tyres are cold , but it was not it.

So , I exited to lobby and set the tyres to Sports Softs again before entering track and the grip was back where it should be.

MadMax

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, I've been trying to stay wide in turn 1 and can occasionally manage a somewhat decent sector, but haven't gotten close to under 30. I'll give that a try when I get a chance.

Death to the T2 hairpin

I got the hang of it, it's all good.

Can't match my fastest splits at the moment though, I'll try again tonight when I can actually see the whole track. Too much sun light glare at the minute.

Last edited:

I'm downshifting in 3rd for turn 1, and I hate turn 2.....not obvious to me.
So a 29.9 is possibile with both gears. I'm not that tight in turn 1, just in normal line, not anticipating turn in, not delaying on throttle.

I'm shifting at 6700, but still have to make some tests.

Finding this quite tricky, i use the d-pad to steer but im not very good at controlling how the front end bites and then pushes out when getting the power down - might have to play around with the sensitivity.

T1 30.346
T2 28.438

The track has a nice flow in this direction, a very fun combo.

Cheers

Latest splits, some improvement.

Still trying to finish a clean lap after a couple sub 30s in T1.:banghead:

Really tough maddening combo, can't seem to walk away from it though.:crazy:

T1, 30.290
T2, 28.191

I made a video of the bug I mentioned in my last post.

We're doing some background testing on it as we speak. More to come.

For now, make sure you select the correct tires at the time you select the car, before the track loads.

EDK
We're doing some background testing on it as we speak. More to come.

For now, make sure you select the correct tires at the time you select the car, before the track loads.

Just had a test of this myself. Viper is right about it swapping back to your original tyre choice when you view the replay in-event but when you change back to the correct tyres, you don't suddenly get more grip than you should with that tyre type. I certainly can't feel any difference anyway.

On turn 1:

I can't speak for Twissy, who is an alien anyway and can probably take turn 1 flat out in 5th (:P) but I am changing down to 4th as I start to turn in, then down to 3rd for the apex, using alot of trail braking and exiting full throttle in 3rd. Back up to 4th for the short straight then 3rd again for turn 2.

My best 1st sector taking it like that is 29.818 but I'm having trouble beating my last sector at the moment so my splits remain the same.

Just had a test of this myself. Viper is right about it swapping back to your original tyre choice when you view the replay in-event but when you change back to the correct tyres, you don't suddenly get more grip than you should with that tyre type. I certainly can't feel any difference anyway.

On turn 1:

I can't speak for Twissy, who is an alien anyway and can probably take turn 1 flat out in 5th (:P) but I am changing down to 4th as I start to turn in, then down to 3rd for the apex, using alot of trail braking and exiting full throttle in 3rd. Back up to 4th for the short straight then 3rd again for turn 2.

My best 1st sector taking it like that is 29.818 but I'm having trouble beating my last sector at the moment so my splits remain the same.

With the first sector, i tend to leave it in 4th, have experimented with 3rd but it tends to wash out for me when getting on the gas. Then into turn 2 its pretty much about luck, hitting the exact apex needed to get on the gas as soon a possible to straight line it out

Managed a 30.0xx in T1 but then messed up, few laps later beat my overall by .6xx, with a slower T1. One day, I'll get that perfect lap :sly:

Lots of close-ish calls in this lap, watched it back a few times and it looks fine to me though I hope I can beat this with something a little easier to verify! :scared:

BB 7/9 ABS 8

The smallest of lifts through that fast section in T3 enables so much more corner speed, this is very much an exercise in throttle control and minimising steering angle. Any running wide or tyre-boiling kills it within seconds. Increasing steering angle too much due to excess speed does the same, to a lesser degree.

I don't seem to have many issues with T1, but I haven't been quicker than 28.1 in T2 yet so I'm a bit vexed - I think it's the hairpin and lack of a fast exit for fear of bashing the wall on the outside.

Last edited:
First hour of exploring this track in reverse...
Default BB (5/5) and ABS (1)

Ah well first event i've gone for as a newbie and reading the above, much respect to you all, i have at least half a second to get on each sector. This is the first time i have REALLY had to push it on GT5.Feels REAL, Love it.

To all who give there time for it i thank you.

Back