GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 64 : Car Control 101

• Thread starter EDK
  • 202 comments
Had another run slightly slower splits, but a much better final turn and run to the line. Still a tenth in t1 and another in t2 hopefully.

T1 14.530
T2 20.671

I had a go with active steering and was even slower so I've ditched it again. Never tried it before but it seems to make me worse.

I found the same thing the active steering just slowed me down. Then I had to get the feel for the car all over again

Koikeeper67
I found the same thing the active steering just slowed me down. Then I had to get the feel for the car all over again

Yeah, for me the car does feel more stable when making small adjustments on the straights. But in the bends I loose time, going wider for some reason.

Had a better lap, up 1and a half tenths at the line :)

T1 14.472
T2 20.619

Will try to find a bit more hopefully by the deadline.

Al...too fast. You can't win D4 AND D3...that's just not fair! :lol: Keep up the good work! 👍

Nice to see poolhaas back with us, too. :cheers:

Al...too fast. You can't win D4 AND D3...that's just not fair! :lol: Keep up the good work! 👍

Nice to see poolhaas back with us, too. :cheers:

Thanks and I did not have a good Turn 1 so there is still a couple of tenths left on the track!

Al

Looks like I made an error, at first I thought .380 was my best T2 but considering I once hit .720 T2 with a .470 T1 means I had a .350 after all (I thought I didn't see right since I didn't check splits).
Now, if you add all that up then it looks like I've left a tenth on the track with my current run (I thought I left 7 hundredths).
Now, it'd be nice if I went out there and tried to catch that tenth but I've no will to do that. :nervous:
Also, taking my T1 of .226 and Twissy's T2 of .344 you get an insane T2 split of .570 (which I didn't think was possible). :ill:

I don't know... I might give it another shot, I should try to enter .5s. :sly:

Update:-

A little faster but I had a lap was that was .07 faster than this but it turned out to be dirty so I'm not quite happy yet, although I might not end up improving. Once I even went through T2 in a low 34.6 but that was because I missed my braking point a little.:lol:

Tried some laps but I don't think that this is the best week to come back into WRS. :scared:

I'll wait fore something low powered, on R3s. :dopey:

First half-decent splits, using Fobia's setup.

To any one looking for a g27 wheel. They are on an Australian site called catch of the day for under $200. That's less than half the retail price.

Meh! My patience has gone the same way as my throttle control...

14.481 (:yuck:)

PB in sector 3 so this will have to do... too much to do in RL and GT time is taken up with testing for the GT300 season and some GT Academy (despite my better judgement :sly:). Good luck all. :cheers:

Splits with correct tires! :)

Last edited:
Blimey! What an introduction to the ways of WRS this is! Thanks EDK :sly:

I'll get some times in now before I forget, still not particularly happy with my T1 but if I'm honest I can only envisage extracting a few more hundredths out of it.

Blimey! What an introduction to the ways of WRS this is!

Trial by fire smoke. Welcome to the WRS. :cheers:

14.468 (:yuck:)

I think my right foot is remembering how to behave.... if it can still remember tomorrow, I'm looking for about 0.2 on the lap.... mostly in sector 1 now, which I seem to have forgotten how to do properly.

Last edited:
Nice T2 Chris, I've been trying a few things but can't find any way below .500 despite going flat out through the left kink. Perhaps I'm braking too early for the final turn.

Back