GTP_WRS : New Drivers and Promotions.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,512 comments
Welcome to WRS TT, and weekly online racing! Great group, now watch your racing skills improve. Lots of information is available.

Latest Qualifier Results:

Division 3 Silver (3.334 - 3.666):

GTP_Roamer2629 / roamer2629 / Argentina (3.446)

Finally you did it! Welcome & Congratulations!!
Another Argentinian flag, Yeah! 👍

New Qualifier Results:

:: Division 2 ::

Division 2 Gold (2.000 - 2.333):

GTP_BruntonPasc / BruntonPasc / UK (2.097)

:: Division 3 ::

Division 3 Gold (3.000 - 3.333):

GTP_str98 / str98 / Scotland (3.062)
GTP_GT54life247 / GT54life247 / USA (3.130)

Division 3 Bronze (3.667 - 3.999):

GTP_lapi / lapeter / Hungary (3.996)

Welcome to the newbees, the more the merrier I always say. You'll think that the flat spots on your forehead are quite fashonable after the first few weeks of, "beating your head on the wall" :banghead: :lol: Good luk

Better as in faster, then yes.
It's still the best to be in a division with equally talented drivers though, doesn't matter if that's D1 gold or D4 gold.

What does the number in brackets mean?
Is it the time difference to the first place?

That number isn't time difference, it's a system unique to WRS and it's called handicap.
It shows a player's relative standing in the registry compared to other drivers.
What it really is is deviation from the outset and that's all I know about it really.

No PM, Strunz, the only notification will be in this thread, and it will probably be a couple weeks yet, as we just inducted a new batch last week.

Hi all, thanks for the welcome, I have been meaning to get involved in the WRS for ages, glad to finally be a part of it! :P

Last edited:
glad to finally be a part of it! :P
Give it 6 months and then see how glad you are. :sly: The nervous twitches, sleepless nights, cold sweats.....

Its less painful than, say, amputating your own leg. :dopey:

A warm welcome to the frenzy. 👍

Give it 6 months and then see how glad you are. :sly: The nervous twitches, sleepless nights, cold sweats.....

Its less painful than, say, amputating your own leg. :dopey:

A warm welcome to the frenzy. 👍

:) Glad I am not the only one!

Al

Most everyone gets approved. It's just a matter of what Division you will be placed in. This is based on your time. Be patient and just hang in there.

Thanks!

For the mean time I'm still getting used to using my DFGT wheel. For some odd reason. I can't seem to save a small fish tail or a loose rear slide and always spinning out:crazy:. WTF!

For the mean time I'm still getting used to using my DFGT wheel. For some odd reason. I can't seem to save a small fish tail or a loose rear slide and always spinning out:crazy:. WTF!

All normal in the beginning, keep practicing.
One tip maybe, when your car starts to oversteer, don't countersteer too much with the wheel.

Thanks!

I was like that for a week or so when I switched from a controller to the DFGT, quite frustrating isn't it? ;)
The biggest change I had to make to my driving style was to turn the wheel less than I thought was necessary. I was really over steering a lot on corner entry and basically the entire turn.
Straightening the car quicker coming out of corners, and being softer on the throttle helps with rear wheel spin on FR cars as well.
As Speedy mentioned, practice will be the key and it will definitely pay off 👍

Thanks guys, as I'm slowly getting accustomed to the wheel. Doing lots of time trial in arcade mode. Indeed it is quite frustrating at some point. Minimizing the FFB down to 3 or 4 does help a bit but damn, this wheel makes me feel like a noob. :P

Next set of promotions (through week 62):

GTP_Twissy (TwistedMetal) D1 Silver -> D1 Gold (1.32776 -0.33890)
GTP_transamguy (transamguy) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.28932 -0.37735)
GTP_Insatiable (millross) D2 Silver -> D2 Gold (2.31283 -0.35383)
GTP_gooners_17 (mohitraina91) D2 Bronze -> D2 Silver (2.64406 -0.35594)
GTP_mcfizzle (mcfizzle) D2 Bronze -> D2 Silver (2.65647 -0.34353)
GTP_ealirendur (ealirendur) D3 Silver -> D3 Gold (3.32429 -0.34238)
GTP_Allibubba99 (Allibubba99) D4 Silver -> D4 Gold (4.26146 -0.40521)
* GTP_Racingworld (racingworld.be) D5 Gold -> D4 Silver (4.63457 -0.69876)

* indicates double promotion

Registry will be updated later this week, along with the next round of submissions.

Back