• 87 comments

Gravitron

GTP WRS Race Admin
United States
Seattle
GTP_Gravitron
wrs-oe_3d3_online-events-3-png.104984

GTPlanet WRS Online Events & GTChannel - Playseat Challenge Chat Thread

See the News article for all the details!

Use this thread to chat with potential competitors while setting your times for GT Academy 2014, Round 2 and for the lead-up to the online race on May 26.

The stewards for the online race are from GTPlanet's Weekly Race Series (WRS) as well as GTChannel.

More about the WRS:

The WRS started in 2003 as a time trial competition in GT3. Participants run a new car/track combo every week and post their best recent splits so they can be ranked on our Leader Board. In order to participate you must first run the Qualifiers to be placed into one of 4 divisions.

In 2011, with GT5's online functionality, we started running weekly Wednesday night races in EU and NA timeslots using the car/track combo from the previous week's time trial, leveraging the experience participants had mastered over the course of the week. We continue to have fun doing this in GT6! :cheers:

_____________________________________________________________________​

wrs-oe_3d3_online-events-3-png.104984

Apricot-Hill-Raceway_3-638x358.jpg

Memorial Day - Monday May 26, 2014

Lounge Open for Pre-race Practice
2:00 PM Pacific / 5:00 PM Eastern / 21:00 GMT / Check Local

Qualification Start Time
3:00 PM Pacific / 6:00 PM Eastern / 22:00 GMT / Check Local

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (stock, no oil) @ Apricot Hill Raceway
car_nissan_fairlady_z_z34_08.jpg
track_apricot_hill_raceway.jpg

wrs-oe_3d3_event-details-png.104991

Orange means TBD or still to be finalized, Blue means finalized.

Official Practice Times
  • GTChannel Test Session - Wed May 21, 2014 - 4:00 PM Pacific / 7:00 PM Eastern / 23:00 GMT / Check Local - Alternates Welcome as well
    • GTP_Jordan hosting - send Friend Requests!
  • More sessions TBD
Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQR = Practice, Qualify, Race
  • Room Privacy: Friends-only Send Friend-Requests to the hosts specified in Jordan's PM
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: Playseat Challenge
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Disabled
Course Settings
  • Course: Apricot Hill Raceway
  • No. of Laps: 18
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: Fixed
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: 07:00 AM
  • Time Progression: 19 race ends around 5:00 PM
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race Alone
  • Start Type: Final Corner Start
  • Time Limit: 6 Mins - enough for 3 hotlaps, with additional time to get blue-line-free track
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption:Fast
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: Filter by Make -> Manufacturers -> Nissan
  • PP Limit: 461 PP
  • Max Power Limit: 331 HP stock power *without* oil change
  • Minimum Weight: 1530 kg
  • Drivetrain: FR
  • Tires: Comfort Soft
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Custom Rims: Allowed
  • Oil change: Prohibited
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed
  • Improve Chassis Rigidity: Allowed - Tuning Prohibited allows this unremovable item
    • You might want to have 1 car with Rigidity and 1 car without, to test the difference
Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available / Optional
  • Driving Line: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional

Race Start Information
  • After the qualification time is complete a steward will record the results.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid in order of qualification.
  • Grid Start with the 3-2-1-Start countdown is being used to minimize incidents while launching.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines
Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines. Mistakes happen over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include:
  • 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse
  • 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse
  • DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries

It's up to the Admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car-length wide excursion into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post-race penalty.

General Guidelines - Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • WRS Race Stewards reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided.
  • Rumble strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • At least 2 tires in-line on legal track surface at all times.
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.

Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Red and White rumbles and tarmac are track.
  • Cutting the chicane at the end of the lap is not tolerated.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I understand this correctly, you have to be a US resident to be eligible to compete?

Thanks for the heads-up, I forgot to update the official rules. 👍

Right now I think we will hold the race with whatever car/track combo is used in Round 3 of GT Academy.

How do we submit a time for this?

https://www.gtplanet.net/playseat-challenge-2014/
https://www.gtplanet.net/playseat-challenge-official-rules/
The “Qualification Period” of the contest begins on May 5, 2014, upon the opening of “Round 2” in GT Academy 2014. Contestants will record their fastest valid lap time in “Round 2” of the contest, and report this time via web form posted in an announcement on https://www.gtplanet.net/between May 20, 2014, 12:00am Eastern Time (EDT) and May 21, 2014, 12:00am Eastern Time (EDT).

I think we are waiting on the form.

Thanks for the heads-up, I forgot to update the official rules. 👍

Right now I think we will hold the race with whatever car/track combo is used in Round 3 of GT Academy.
You may want to pick a different track since Bathurst doesn't generally work well in online rooms. SNAIL group on here was going to use it last week and bailed before it really got off the ground because they were having so many issues in the practice rooms with that track.

Darn, I'm a fan of the track for races. I remember in the beginning the track would crash rooms but I thought it was fixed. How is GT6 online now anyway? I haven't tried it much at all.

WRS tried to use Bathurst last week as well and had race-ending issues as well. :( Yeah, the online race will definitely not be at Bathurst.

Added my time.
If I happen to improve it ( unlikely ) can I add the new one if it is before May 21st 12:00am EDT?
Yep - you can update your time as much as you like before then. The form will be unavailable after submissions are closed.

Curious to hear what the decision will be on the course, etc. This competition has certainly added some interest and excitement to a relatively meaningless second round of GTA2014. Thanks to GTPlanet and all of the Organizers and Sponsors! 👍

I do hope we find out the course soon, I'm not very good without practice now that I don't race weekly.

Oh my....I think I missed submitting what would be a top 10 time (excluding Doodle) by a minute or so...Not sure if I made it or not. Ahhhhh.

Back