iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
I was gonna buy the v8 if it was on ntm and I really feel the mustang would be a better car on it as well :-/ but what are you gonna do.

Last edited:
The mustang isn't bad, I did some practice at Laguna Seca with some Riley guys and all I had to do was go up a little firmer in the rear about 1-2 clicks and it was great. I certainly don't think it's worth it to hold back on a great car just because it's OTM, but it'll eventually update one day and that's fine.

On the Legend, when did the do the NTM update? Because now all of the sudden it is unbearable to drive anymore, and I'm not sure if it's my wheel or the NTM

The mustang isn't bad, I did some practice at Laguna Seca with some Riley guys and all I had to do was go up a little firmer in the rear about 1-2 clicks and it was great. I certainly don't think it's worth it to hold back on a great car just because it's OTM, but it'll eventually update one day and that's fine.

On the Legend, when did the do the NTM update? Because now all of the sudden it is unbearable to drive anymore, and I'm not sure if it's my wheel or the NTM

how would you know...no one in the public has driven the Mustang on NTM....

He did not state that he drove the NTM on the Mustang. Re-read his post, just sayin'👍

I didnt mean it in that way!

He said its not worth holdin back on the mustang due to OTM but who knows how big of a difference, good or bad in the NTM?

Just going by what people say re OTM and NTM, its like relearning a whole new car again. I would seriously avoid all OTM cars - this is just me because I don't have enough time to relearn a car. Just imaging the skip, one full season and I still can't get to grips with it, I cannot imagine relearning that damn car on ice all over again!

On the other hand, I can see why you would race a car on OTM if you love it so much

At the end of the day, to each his own!

Last edited:

He said its not worth holdin back on the mustang due to OTM but who knows how big of a difference, good or bad in the NTM?

Just going by what people say re OTM and NTM, its like relearning a whole new car again. I would seriously avoid all OTM cars - this is just me because I don't have enough time to relearn a car. Just imaging the skip, one full season and I still can't get to grips with it, I cannot imagine relearning that damn car on ice all over again!

To each his own!

That must be why I can't for the life of me get around Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Chevy Impala SS with the fixed setup? How does one know which cars have the NTM? I see what you mean about the time it takes to learn a car with the OTM, then needing to relearn it after the fix. That sucks.

That must be why I can't for the life of me get around Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Chevy Impala SS with the fixed setup? How does one know which cars have the NTM? I see what you mean about the time it takes to learn a car with the OTM, then needing to relearn it after the fix. That sucks.

Quite difficult info to find to be honest, try iracing forums in NTM feedback thread.

YAY!!!

Looks like I am going to win my time trail season championship! 👍👍👍👍

Well every season they make major changes to the cars anyway tho. I think Skippy is set but I am hearing Star Mazda may get revisited. I know the HPD felt like a different car after all they did was add weight to it. It became slower and more sluggish.

The 1st iteration of the NTM on the Late Model is completely different from what we have now (NTM v2). It was a drastic improvement. The OTM was less realistic but really fun

I am hearing sooner or later they will reboot my beloved SK Mod (OTM). But I'm trying not to worry bout it too much and just enjoy the car the way it is now before it gets rebooted.

I wish I had a lot more time to play the sim because there is so much I'd like to do!!

OMG ITS NOT JUST ME! i have gotten used to it. fastest time 31.3 i think! but MAN IS IT WAITING FOR YOU TO MESS UP!. i think they dont have the right set up or something. the nationwide car and sprint are SO much easier!

SpecMiata-JSW
Anyone from here going to give GT Academy a shot this year?

I'm giving it another shot if I'm eligible.👍

Not sure how serious I can take it though with work being so crazy lately.👎

Me too, me too, and....me too. Work is crazy and daddy duties still make devoting a lot of time hard.

It's going to be crazy competitive this year!

Yall sound just like me. My job is getting more and more busy as we ramp up to finish our current project :crazy:

Too bad one can not get paid a full salary to sit around at home and sim race. I wonder how much the top aliens make with the iRacing payouts and sponsership

Did you guys see there working on graphics?
473903_10150822276876085_48224116084_11686074_738915303_o.jpg

I think this looks amazing!

Looks amazing!

Cockpit update: I just got finished making the base and right when I was going to make the legs for mount my chair, my circular saw decided it doesn't want to live. So it killed itself. Now I need to spend 50$ and buy another circular saw... :mad:

swiftwilly

On the other hand, I can see why you would race a car on OTM if you love it so much

At the end of the day, to each his own!

What I meant is it's a great car now and I feel that whether I'm gonna have to relearn it or not I don't care, I might as well get it now, because there really isn't much in the class D that I like (just a personal opinion. I completely understand where you're coming from though.

And those graphics look awesome

**********PLEASE NOTE******
These views are mine alone and I know people will disagree with some.

Also keep in mind, the following WILL NOT apply to 1. casual racers 2. Huttu no.1 wannabies. The following style best applies to people who take racing semi-seriously. If you’re a casual race – just go race and ignore my post, if you strive to be a champion, the following will not help as I am not that good.
1. Caring about irating does help because it makes you practice more. I find myself practising for X days and racing only once or twice depending on the finish. If my testing goes well, I race quite a bit, if I can’t nail down the track well, I will totally skip a race. iRating stops me from doing stupid things. Not caring I find that I would do stupid things as I didn’t “care” and soon enough you will turn into one of those people that ruin other peoples races. If everyone cared for their SR and iRating, I personally believe races will be better quality.

2. the turning point for me was when i learnt to drive incident free laps and not trying to beat or achieve PB every lap, this worked wonders. I normally say my aim is to be PB +1 second. I did this at suzuka. despite being 5th, i had no incidents and came in first. Trying to achieve or break your PB every lap makes you incident prone.

3. just give way. Rather then seeing a guy in my mirror, i just give way to them. avoids rear ends, and it takes pressure off me. i drive best when no one is near me, i can hit great lap times. i suck when being chased, this should improve over time as I get better.

4. Qualify, qualify, qualify. I find it avoids more rear ends and mid pack crashes. I tend to find people who qualify care more for races and will take care in avoiding a crash with you. Mid pack or people at the back I find are more casual and tend to go all out. Also I find they are more aggressive as they “need to” make up 10 positions before getting first.

5. Always aim for top half finish. Over time your irating will improve. Don’t aim for no.1 – this also helps avoid pressure.

6. Skip races if your not good at the track. It’s not life or death. It’s not end of the world. Go do something else if you don’t want to waste money. Practice sessions with other people are just as good. Use the ghost sessions if you really must race. If you can’t do a track and do a race, I find that not only it kills your ratings, it also kills other peoples races.

7. spend time studying. This involves looking at iRacing forums for replays, setups for the week.

8. Know your timezone, know your lifestyle. I live in Australia and that means I can’t race in ~70% of the series out there. Due to my lifestyle of full time work and family commitments, I can’t race in another ~10% so I am very limited in my choices. For the series and timeframes I can race in, I have created spreadsheets to help me analyse and give me what I call “SOF advantage”. Basically I aim to be the highest ranked irating in my race. Why? 1. It means my qualifying time should give me pole or near pole (see above point 4), it also gives me better chance of winning as I am “the most skilled in that group according to iRating”. I have done this so often that I know the “optimal” times to race to give me the best chance of winning.

9. Keep track of your emotions. I always like to end a week on a high. This means if I win, or get a few races with decent results, I like to stop early and not get greedy with iRating. Gives me a good mood for next week. I am sure you have all experienced the “winning a race” and coming last in the next race and that was end of the week – quite a crap feeling isn’t it?

10. time trails is one of the best ways to know if your ready for a track. Why? It forces you to 1. incur no incidents 2. get a good race time. You can then compare your time with other racers to get a good idea of how you will run in an actual race. Time trail results can also be compared to series results to see how you will “theoretically” place in the race. I like to use time trails average lap +1/2seconds = theoretical race result. Don’t use your actual time trail as your race average because with traffic, pressure etc you won’t always hit those times.

Good luck, hope you had a good season.

That is some good advice for all. It is excellent advice for us new iRacers. Thank you for your time in posting that.

@swiftwilly: I think that advice is spot on mate. I'm a 'semi-serious' racer too and all those points I agree with and can totally relate to 👍

A good, well thought out post so credit to you Sir! :)

Im gonna wait for a promo to get this one. it looks so nice, but im not willing to pay 14.95 for it, and i don't have 5 other items.

Yeah the new build is supposed to be out Tuesday. so we should have motegi, CTS-VR and the other updates as well. They normally have it at the end of week 13, but this time at the beginning. I'm glad too because week 13 is usually boring as hell at least now we will have our new track and car to go ahead and practice with. Going to be some fun races with the cadillac during week 13 so that would be cool as well.

The picture above is actually New Smyrna. They are doing one old track and one new track with the updated graphics. The old track being New Smyrna and the new being Motegi of course.

left888
I pre ordered it 2 days ago, can't wait. Do you think it will be available on the next update?

Going by the news on the media page at iRacing it'll be out on Tuesday. IndyCar is running a fun series at both oval and a road course.

The picture above is actually New Smyrna. They are doing one old track and one new track with the updated graphics. The old track being New Smyrna and the new being Motegi of course.

i live about 20 min from New Smyrna. pass it every time i go to the beach.

Ok guys, tought I'd keep everyone informed:

Jav
We are proud to anounce our partnership with Derek Speare Designs! Mr. Derek Speare has come on board and will be supporting the GTPlanet community by becoming our title sponsor and providing of of his button boxes as the championship prize for our inagural season of the Cadillac CTS-VR Gentleman's Cup.
We are very exited by this new partnership and wouold like to thank Mr. Derek Speare for his support of our GTPlanet community in general. We are very much looking forward to an amazing racing season with the best of the best in GTPlanet's online racing comunity and the most advanced racing simulation in the planet. iRacing provides the most realistic and competitive sim racing experience available for the general public and we are pleased to be a part of it. We would like to once again thank Derek Speare Designs for coming onboard and supporting our GTPlanet and our series wich promises to be one of the best racing experiences in the GTPlanet community!

My rig is almost finished! I have all the support arms screwed in and there is absolutely no wobble! I just need to go to the hardware store to buy more 2 1/4 inch screws and more mdf boarding to finish the flooring and table top! :dopey:

Back