iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
My 3.5/race is good, but I'm getting left in the dust! I finish all races and get a better finish at times because I didn't DQ with 17X incidents on SPA.
The aliens in the mustang cup is controlled chaos. I'm about a second of world record lap times, and I use the stock IR tune for every track

I love the mustang. It's a real finesse car. It's made me so much faster as a driver as I learned proper driving lines for corners of tracks as well as finesse on throttle application on corner exit
My optimal on SPA is 2:49:xxx and i'm +9 seconds back. Yep it's a finesse car for sure with all the body roll, weight transfer and slow get up and go! Tune & run laps = pick up some time. Tune & run laps + change line = pick up some more time. Qualify to middle of the field, feeling pretty good i've got a chance to be somewhere in the middle (know i'm not going to win yet, that's OK) at the end...get smoked :(

What I have come to notice and accept is the TT surface is completely different from the Race surface. Put the test settings as close to race settings as possible.

...the Baseline tune files aren't that bad/far off and i'm just tweaking settings. I guess it's just one of those cars I can't trust lap to lap in race trim?!

Last edited:
All this talk about the Stang has me intrigued. Never driven it. Actually not sure I own it. Thinking I do. Bought a lot and usually anything American V8 is always in my stable.

My 3.5/race is good, but I'm getting left in the dust! I finish all races and get a better finish at times because I didn't DQ with 17X incidents on SPA.
Everybody doubles their incidents at Spa. So don't let the track ruin what is generally a great series.

All this talk about the Stang has me intrigued. Never driven it. Actually not sure I own it. Thinking I do. Bought a lot and usually anything American V8 is always in my stable.
Try it, it's a blast, awesome competition, not hard to find official races!

helmet.png

Jason Potter5West2:50.996
CLASS C 3.55
This was my best qualify lap, which wasn't good enough....damn those guy's are FAST!

The community is great, and the participation is really picking up. Come on over buddy!

Global is now fixed series :(
Apparently they are hoping it will increase participation.
I'm thinking of picking up another series, now that I'm familiar with the SRF more or less and only have to learn a handful of new tracks. I tried to run some laps in the mustang and liked it, so at the moment it's a toss up between FR500S and some multi-class series. If the transition to fixed setup does boost participation I'm gonna run a bit in the Kia. As is, it was quite ridiculous: one or two Kias per split at most. Which is probably okay to learn how not to get run over by a faster car, but not much fun.

I've gotten into the Proto/GT during the past 3 weeks and I'l probably get COTA for that. Plus that track is on like 6 road schedules :D:tup:👍

I don't see any results for you in WSCS this season. In 13s4 I see a race and you were in D2, which would make sense for your IR. You don't see anyone with IR over 2k (threshold is probably even lower) at the beginning of the season in D5.

I'm paranoid. I can PM you my name if you'd like.

You see no results because I have not raced this season. I am in div 5, I moved up from div 7 which I won, the last season I raced. Sorry if you can't understand that.

Paranoid? over putting your name in the iRacing directory? What do you have to hide? It's, just a game, no one will steal your identity. The directory is just a way that folks at GTPlanet can race with each other and have some fun, really nothing sinister about it.

2014 S2 is approaching and I'm looking forward to run my first full season :)

I've been playing for about 2.5 months now. I started on October 31, 2013 and played it for a bit over a month until GT6 came out. GT6 kept me busy until the half of February when I got tired of waiting for the promised updates and so I went back to iRacing.

Since February 20, I almost didn't touch any other game anymore. I got some new pieces of content to further explore what I like best and that appears to be GT type cars. When I started with iRacing, I always saw myself transition into open-wheel series, but I find the GT cars much more fun to race to my own surprise.

So for next season I planned to do the GT3 Challenge series, which should be really interesting with the third car thrown into the mix. The only thing that puts me off a bit is the track list for next season. No Spa, no Road America, no Sebring,... The GT/Proto series tracklist looks more interesting, but I haven't purchased any of those cars yet, so I haven't driven them to know if I like them. Also the participation seems to have dropped with the introduction of the GT3 series, leaving only a couple of slots in the weekends where there is decent participation...

I need to think about it a little more I suppose, looking over the schedules once again and see if the 4 weeks I would drop in GT3 coincide with a more fun track in another series. As I need to buy new tracks anyway, I need to pick them carefully :)

Last week at Suzuka was one of the more populated weeks in proto that i had seen all season which i wasnt expecting on such a cramped track. I think GT3 though is trying to get more people to buy the fairly unpopular tracks on Iracing it seems.

I highly recommend the Ford GT though, car handles like a dream and is fairly easy to pick up and get going.

I really like Suzuka, it teaches one to be patient. In some of the Grand AM races there were good crashes and folks swearing at each other. :D I think it's a perfect track fore the Riley Proto's.

I've gotten into the Proto/GT during the past 3 weeks and I'l probably get COTA for that. Plus that track is on like 6 road schedules :D:tup:👍

COTA has to be my most anticipated track in the 3 years I've been in the service.

COTA has to be my most anticipated track in the 3 years I've been in the service.

Yeah, more from a iRacing standpoint than a user base stand point though. iRacing seems really really excited about it. Where the users seem to be excited and or not excited.

Yeah, more from a iRacing standpoint than a user base stand point though. iRacing seems really really excited about it. Where the users seem to be excited and or not excited.
I'm stoked about it. All the computer design crap aside, it's a damn good track. I bet when the GT3 guys go there if you survive T1, it will be some great racing after that.

Back