iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,571 comments
I found this code online and thought it'd be useful to you guys if you need to renew or anything anytime soon. It worked for me.

3 months for the price of 1
PR-PR3MONTHS0514

Also I just got promoted to C class and I'm not sure what series to invest into. RUF, V8 Supercars or Star Mazda? I live in the UK and well I just want to find a popular series to continue moving up the licences

I found this code online and thought it'd be useful to you guys if you need to renew or anything anytime soon. It worked for me.

3 months for the price of 1
PR-PR3MONTHS0514

Also I just got promoted to C class and I'm not sure what series to invest into. RUF, V8 Supercars or Star Mazda? I live in the UK and well I just want to find a popular series to continue moving up the licences
To get the furthest progression with one car you want the Ruf since you can get your A license with it in GT3.

To get the furthest progression with one car you want the Ruf since you can get your A license with it in GT3.

I decided to go half and half. I bought a few tracks for the Star Mazda as well as the RUF so I can alternate between them during the weeks.

Thanks for the help though :)

Hosting an Advanced Mazda Cup Practice Race @ Daytona Road(Which is Week 1). Rob, Bill & myself will be admin'n to keep it clean, Hopefully we can fill the lobby. Come out & Have some fun :).

Just watched the race you two were in, nicely done trying to work your way back up to the front, but I think those guys had long checked out.. I was going to jump into that one and missed registration by 1 minute.. :P

Just watched the race you two were in, nicely done trying to work your way back up to the front, but I think those guys had long checked out.. I was going to jump into that one and missed registration by 1 minute.. :P

Thanks, Yeah i was bunk through the bus stop:dunce:. I think it will be a fun series.

Well I got 3000 oval IR today which is cool, and dw12 oval fixed is a blast!

I have to say though, I just missed top split (car 3 in second split) and was getting bump drafted by a guy... So you kinda have to watch out. But it's still fun for sure!

Thanks for the replies gents...will be signing up to iRacing tonight!

I know that there's no way my laptop will play the modern sims like pCars or AC, but I'm going to give Richard Burns Rally a go too and see how that runs...got a feeling I'm going to get bitten by the PC sim bug...

So, I signed up to iRacing on the Friday evening, did all my homework (driving School, code of conduct etc), and then downloaded all my cars and tracks ready for Saturday.

Did a whole load of practice sessions in the Mazda cup at Lime Rock to get used to the car and track, fine tuned my settings for my wheel and button allocations and preferences, that took up my whole Saturday.

Sunday comes around and I'm feeling confident about trying qualifying, so I do a few qualifying sessions, kept it clean and had very few incidents. By the evening I'm ready to race! In total I entered four races at Lime Rock with a top finish of 6th, worst finish was 11th.

By Sunday night I had been promoted to D class, and I'm already looking at getting some more cars and tracks to get my SR up and get promoted again.

I have loved every minute of my iRacing experience so far, I know now that I won't be investing in a PS4 or any more console systems or sims!

My laptop is running iRacing fine and better than I expected, I have most graphic settings on low with no wheel or hands on display and I'm getting a steady 84 fps. I know that by Xmas I will be getting myself a proper gaming PC and joining the master race!

I really wish I had made the switch ages ago, but I'm looking forward to diving head first into PC sim racing and little by little will be building my dream setup (triple screens etc), can't wait to try Asseto Corsa and pCARS too!

Thanks for all your help guys, I will no doubt be asking for more advice and help soon as I get more involved in iRacing.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I have raced 2 of the new GTC races, one with 32 entries and one with 27, and neither has been official. So is there a way to see how many entries per car there is? Both were very good points races, but they didn't count.

I have raced 2 of the new GTC races, one with 32 entries and one with 27, and neither has been official. So is there a way to see how many entries per car there is? Both were very good points races, but they didn't count.
Huh? The grand touring cup? I don't see any unofficial races with that driver count in the results. In fact both should've been split races.

Huh? The grand touring cup? I don't see any unofficial races with that driver count in the results. In fact both should've been split races.
One did split. I guess I stated it wrong, SR and IR were effected, but the races didn't count for points in the championship. My guess is because there was only 6 mustangs in each race.

Edit: :dunce: I wasn't selecting the mustang when checking stats.

With that many entries it has to count for points, 8 total cars is the minimum amount for the GTC to make the race official and count for points, etc.

Thinking about getting into IRacing a bit more seriously. Just been doing it for fun and entertainment. Didn't spend much. But I am wanting to change that. I currently have 3 months left. Then will do the $5 one month thing till Black friday. I'll get the year membership then. But before I drop the money for new wheel (Probably a Fanatec), I was wondering if anyone here is currently in school and would I have time for it? I'm going to study Pharmacy and don't want to spend all this money if I won't ever have the time for it. So I am just curious.

Thinking about getting into IRacing a bit more seriously. Just been doing it for fun and entertainment. Didn't spend much. But I am wanting to change that. I currently have 3 months left. Then will do the $5 one month thing till Black friday. I'll get the year membership then. But before I drop the money for new wheel (Probably a Fanatec), I was wondering if anyone here is currently in school and would I have time for it? I'm going to study Pharmacy and don't want to spend all this money if I won't ever have the time for it. So I am just curious.
I go to a tech college and i have time for it but thats not saying much since i only have class monday-thursday lol. The way i go about is that i spend the weekdays practicing gaining pace for like 30min a day and then on weekends i race in the higher SOF races.

I go to a tech college and i have time for it but thats not saying much since i only have class monday-thursday lol. The way i go about is that i spend the weekdays practicing gaining pace for like 30min a day and then on weekends i race in the higher SOF races.

I also only have classes 4 days a week... Lol And do you go to UNOH? Most tech school guys I know go there.

Anyways I'm thinking about G27 because roughly $200 cheaper and you can upgrade it to how you want it. A lot of "Aftermarket" available for it. So you can make it top how you like it. And I mainly do Oval racing. That's my focus. I like being side by side with someone every lap.

Nice guess, yes i do. Although since going here i have a burning hatred for all diesel truck owners.

I'll be in school a little north to that. And that was like my high school. Students either drove a lifted truck or a brand new BMW. Lol No in between.

Also what is the reasoning behind not having your number while during official racing. And how do they determine the number you get?

Last edited:
Jav
So... The first real iRacing 24 hour race is being planned already, time for team GTP to start planning logistics and strategies...?
Get 1 or 2 team GTP cars of 4 people each. Would be really cool if iRacing did an enduro series where you could pair up with someone for the season.

Back