iRacing Videos (POST THEM HERE!)

Oh right, I didn't know that. Will do it tonight.

But as I said, it has my name on it so not sure if you still want it sandbox?

Of course, you can drive with my name and I will assume its like a Branding for me haha, you gotta pay royalties to race in a skip with my name!
He wants you to upload it so he can download it and see it on your car when you're racing with him, or if he's in Spectator mode.

The way you are doing things only you can see your custom skin. And if you're not downloading other people's skins from TradingPaints you can't see theirs either.

swiftwilly
question, how do I set up iracing to automatically download form trading paints so I can see other peoples skins?

Sign up and register at reading paints. Download the desktop program and then go from there. You have to subscribe to each car individually though. Sorry for a vague explanation, posting on the mobile app.

Sign up and register at reading paints. Download the desktop program and then go from there. You have to subscribe to each car individually though. Sorry for a vague explanation, posting on the mobile app.

I had a read, you have to download each one manually, thats a bit of a effort.

You can subscribe to a car so it automatically downloads any new paintings uploaded since your last download.

I do this with the Road cars I own. The first time it might take some time because it will download every skin uploaded so far, which depending on how long the car has been available on iRacing might be a LOT!

But after that you just have to remember opening the TradingPaints Desktop app at least once a week to get the latest skins automatically.

Yeah that's what I was referring to you should sign up to trading paints so you can see everyone else's race skins, etc. I didn't want the skin for my personal use but rather I figured you'd benefit from the trading paints program

Just sign up and select in the Options screen which car paints you want to subscribe to. For your purposes it will most likely be the Skip Barber and GT cars (C6r, Ford GT)

I know this was an accident, unlike my last video, but sometimes I wish people would just be more careful when re-joining the track.

I saw the smoke in the distance and came of the gas earlier than usual to coast round. Yet as I get to the apex the car in-front decides to swerve back onto the track thus making me run wide!

*Plus I want to get used to making some videos so these are just to help me out 👍.

Yeah I liked that iRacing idiots film a lot. Need to finish watching the indy oval vid posted above

EDIT: Pretty cool Indy Oval vid. I look forward to trying it out next season

Last edited:
Could the increase in "idiots" maybe be due to all the promo codes, etc? One month for $5 is a pretty tasty deal.

Another lap with the Cadillac at Okayama. Did a 1:28.234 which I thought was quite fast....

Nice lap and vid Mad. I didn't spend too much time yesterday at okayama, but I see where I'm losing a lot of time at now. I'm going down a gear lower in some of the tighter corners. I'll have to run some laps tomorrow to see if I can do any better. It's cool how it has the back up camera on where the navi screen would be. I don't have my side view mirrors turned on so I guess that's why I don't see it on mine.

Nice lap and vid Mad. I didn't spend too much time yesterday at okayama, but I see where I'm losing a lot of time at now. I'm going down a gear lower in some of the tighter corners. I'll have to run some laps tomorrow to see if I can do any better. It's cool how it has the back up camera on where the navi screen would be. I don't have my side view mirrors turned on so I guess that's why I don't see it on mine.

Yeah I don't see the video screen either when I drive. I have mirrors turned off and just run virtual mirror. But my Graphics are maxxed in replays so that would explain it.

As for the lap, I was very pleased with it. Dave Gelink, Ben Cornett and a few others were a few tenths off doing mid 28's so was good to get one up on those guys. But I love touring cars hence why I race the V8. 👍

Nice lap Mad. I don't think I'm far off that pace but your lap looks so much faster and smoother than mine lol. I'm currently on a 29.0 and still struggling in a few places. One of them being the tight downhill right hairpin where you seemed to turn in and keep on the apex so comfortably there. I'll do a bit more practice later since I think I'm right in saying Mosport is not a standard track!

Mainly did this to see if I can actually upload videos to YT using Fraps. Didn't realise you could only do 30 seconds too, so I merged two clips together and it worked out pretty well first time! xD

Using Jav's setup 👍

Back