Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
CargoRat, I haven't trawled through the 15 pages, but are you talking about the "flashing silver GT" sign?
This happened on the same day of the 2.10 update on my main account after briefly playing earlier on my 2nd account.
However, since the start of GT5 it's probably happened 10-15 times on the odd occasion, not directly linked to any particular update, but in the game like entering/exiting races and other menu's as well as entering the game from the main page too...
The only way to get out of that was to exit the game back to the XMB.

Has anyone else has that amount of the same effect game failing?

I thought of something tonight. I apologize if it has been tried. Has anyone with a backup save of your data tried deleting your game save data and then try updating or reinstalling the game? If the new version works without your game save data then it is a problem with your save data or a conflict between the update and your data. If this is the case then PD needs the game save data to find the issue. Not sure if you if you've found a good way to contact PD but I trust that the mods in the forum I linked to in this thread might be able to help.

CargoRat, I haven't trawled through the 15 pages, but are you talking about the "flashing silver GT" sign?
This happened on the same day of the 2.10 update on my main account after briefly playing earlier on my 2nd account.
However, since the start of GT5 it's probably happened 10-15 times on the odd occasion, not directly linked to any particular update, but in the game like entering/exiting races and other menu's as well as entering the game from the main page too...
The only way to get out of that was to exit the game back to the XMB.

Has anyone else has that amount of the same effect game failing?

What you are talking about is totally different that what we are experiencing here. If you go back thru the thread, there is even a video a member posted showing the problem

@bs: Yes, that has all been tried.....twice.

What you are talking about is totally different that what we are experiencing here. If you go back thru the thread, there is even a video a member posted showing the problem

@bs: Yes, that has all been tried.....twice.

Ok, I'll take a read. Thanks for that though!

Thank you, that looks familiar, lol.

Its only a game at the end of the day but I'm supposed to trading some cars and I feel bad for the guy, it looks like I'm trying to welsh on the deal too.

Please remove the welsh comment this is not acceptable and how this wasn't punished i do not know :mad:

Do not imply all welsh are thieves or crooks that is raciest . this has really annoyed me i have been banned for poor grammar in past even though i am dyslexic and tried explain but i still got banned .

So this is a big no no

Please remove the welsh comment this is not acceptable and how this wasn't punished i do not know :mad:

Do not imply all welsh are thieves or crooks that is raciest . this has really annoyed me i have been banned for poor grammar in past even though i am dyslexic and tried explain but i still got banned .

So this is a big no no

If you have a problem with a particular post, report it and the mods will do what they see fit. You can report the post by clicking the yellow "report post" triangle.

If you have a problem with a particular post, report it and the mods will do what they see fit. You can report the post by clicking the yellow "report post" triangle.

Done that mate , just started reading whole thread to see what people have tried and what has failed got to page 5 then i seen that post as a welsh man.
we put up with a lot with sheep jokes etc but we are not theives or crooks . if i dropped the N bomb i would be banned instantly.

no more will be said about it leave it to powers at hand back on topic.

Last edited:
Ok, I've read through, sounds like a massive nuisance for some. And although this particular issue hasn't happened to me with the recent update, I did have a stuck front screen logo that stuck around for 10 or so minutes many months back. That also resorted to a quit game scenario.

We do hope that this gets sorted for those who are experiencing issues asap.

New peolple please read the post.
If don't, why to come here and say the first solution that you believe?

Its looping on the blue/red logo with the saving icon. It's a problem that need to be fixed.

All of us we have a perfect savegame that runs in 2.09 and now with 2.10 something block our savegame.

We tried everything... and we can't do anything.

So this is a big no no
All he did was to miss-spell welch.

welch - cheat by avoiding payment of a gambling debt

No racism here.

All he did was to miss-spell welch.

No racism here.

Lol. Dictionary Welch ( noun ) see Welsh.

I know what he meant. Yes it's a racist slur but it doesn't imply a slur on me. Only the idiot that posted it.

For the record I've had the sheep jokes and such from one vile member too.

Lol. Dictionary Welch ( noun ) see Welsh.

I know what he meant. Yes it's a racist slur but it doesn't imply a slur on me. Only the idiot that posted it.

For the record I've had the sheep jokes and such from one vile member too.

You know, I must have led a sheltered life or something because I had no idea to make that connection. I don't have much knowledge of the Welsh culture or anything, and I have no idea what this connection is between sheep and Welsh people. I know what the word welch means obviously, but am lost as to its connection to Welsh people. I guess the whole thing just flew over my head.

To be fair I don't want to drag this out in your thread. I'm at an age where I'm not bothered about it.
The Irish for years put up with jokes on them. Most would go along with it.

I am indifferent to it tbh. An excerpt from a blog and I will leave it there.

A while back, Someone wanted to know, does one "welsh" or "welch" on a bet when one does not pay what is owed? And if one spelling is preferred, why that particular spelling?

First of all, I'm going to note that this expression is an ethnically pejorative phrase. It has its roots in England, whose citizens considered the Welsh to be a substandard people for reasons that are unclear to me. I don't care to unearth those so-called "reasons." Let's just say the English didn't like their next-door-neighbors the Welsh and leave it at that.

The primary reason I'm answering this question is in the hope that once people know what it refers to, they will stop using the expression.

To address The question as accurately as possible, I consulted my Oxford English Dictionary. I found no entry for "welch." Under the entry for the verb, "to welsh," it offers "welch" as a variant, whose origin is unknown.

According to this same dictionary, a Welsher is "A bookmaker at a race-meeting, who takes money for a bet, and absconds or refuses to pay if he loses." Further down, an additional definition of Welsher is simply "a Welshman." In other words, once upon a time, people pretty much equated any man from Wales and cheaters. I don't know if the English vs. Welsh antipathy continues today, but I say, let's stop the name-calling, please?

I thought the phrase was to "welch" on a deal. I know that I thought this because somewhere in my childhood brain, I connected Welch's grape juice with the concept of not paying one's bets. If you did not pay up, this meant that not only were you a cheat, you also had the same kind of puckery mouth that you would have if you drank Welch's grape juice. While I now know that this is not the case, I think I prefer these connotations to the original.

Sources
Oxford University Press, The Compact Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary, 1988.

This link is so wrong http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&suge...74,d.d2k&fp=49e6394f96ef8add&biw=1276&bih=653 with the context of what your saying but peoples first language is not always English.
I guess I will always double check my spelling of that word in the future.
Which I know is the correct spelling of it. "welch" And I have never seen an issue with using the word in the past and hopefully don,t see issues with using it in the future.
But if google cannot get it right then somethings a little wrong?
Dam the interwebby for being so incorrect.
Chat soon mate bye for now.:)

EDIT: Anyway back on a lighter note.

The poll is almost close to a two to one. Thats quite a lot of people who have this problem.
Anyone had any infomation back from PD or know if its reached the right places yet for something to be done.
Hate to be playing my game which is alright at the moment but to be later down the line and see it happen to myself or others?

Feel sorry for you guys out there.
Chat soon bye for now.:)

Last edited:
forget about that stupid word... we have something more important to think about in this threat so please keep the topic...

forget about that stupid word... we have something more important to think about in this threat so please keep the topic...

When I logged in I had already backed up my save. The game looped on the GT symbol. I exited the game and deleted and reloaded my game save. I then checked for a PS3 update and completed that. I went to a different PSN ID and then back. I went into GT5 and turned my tv over and left GT5 to load for 30 minutes. When I went back it was in.

This might not help but it worked for me.

When I logged in I had already backed up my save. The game looped on the GT symbol. I exited the game and deleted and reloaded my game save. I then checked for a PS3 update and completed that. I went to a different PSN ID and then back. I went into GT5 and turned my tv over and left GT5 to load for 30 minutes. When I went back it was in.

This might not help but it worked for me.

mmmm nice to hear that mate, lets see if that work, report back in a couple of minutes...

Its still legal to kill a Welshman in England on a Sunday if he is near a church of England but only with a longbow .

As i said it it's racist but a mod have looked at it and deemed its not so thats end of that please

Its still legal to kill a Welshman in England on a Sunday if he is near a church of England but only with a longbow .

As i said it it's racist but a mod have looked at it and deemed its not so thats end of that please

Well thats it am not watching Gavin an Stacey no more, Am English and don,t like my neighbours or shall I say that could be seen has someones impression of tarring us all with the same brush.:lol:

Anyway time to go and polish my longbow just incase.:lol: (Joke)

Well thats it am not watching Gavin an Stacey no more, Am English and don,t like my neighbours or shall I say that could be seen has someones impression of tarring us all with the same brush.:lol:

Anyway time to go and polish my longbow just incase.:lol: (Joke)

thing is iam not far from barry lol
i'll polish my sheild , nah all for banter , we shag sheep you eat them its all good

thing is iam not far from barry lol
i'll polish my sheild , nah all for banter , we shag sheep you eat them its all good

No am not eating them anymore. Am going vegi.:lol:

EDIT: You ever see them filming it down there. That is one funny program to be honest. Just got into watching stella thats another funny one.:lol:

Anyway sorry for the off topic.
Anyone tried the fix that Milldrum tried. Sounds promising. 👍

Woah guys, lets keep on topic. I leave the thread for awhile and come back to all this off topic chatter. Not cool. I kept this thread open hoping that maybe someone came across some good news about the problem here, not to read all this other bs.

On topic now, I went ahead and tried some things again just out of curiosity to see if they would work after the PSN and PD downtime. Nothing worked, still looping. Even left it go for about an hour. PD is just going to have to patch it. I have spent way too much time on it and don't feel like wasting anymore. Its their problem, they need to fix it.

I'll keep the thread open, but please stay on topic. Thanks.

Maybe these game saves that don't work have cfw manipulated data on them and are now locked out.

Anyone with one save that does not work and another save that does work, are there cars, paints, etc obtained on the broken one that you never sent to the working one?

Maybe these game saves that don't work have cfw manipulated data on them and are now locked out.

Anyone with one save that does not work and another save that does work, are there cars, paints, etc obtained on the broken one that you never sent to the working one?

Sorry, but wahat is cfw manipulated data?

Mine has a glitch Academy car plus glitch suits. It works today just fine.

Latest Posts

Back