Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
Yes, but when I loaded my game save, it started looping again.

Going back to 2.09 again to delete some more things to see if it helps. I know it will load as I've done this already, just can't go online because of the auto update.

if you really want to be sure of this to work, i would do it this way

send your favorite suits, helmets, museum card, horns, tickets, colors etc to your new account. im not sure if theres a daily limit on items?
go check if the new account is still working.
if it works go back to your main account and delete all your items. and see if it works.

If shepzki method works, i think he just signed up for alot of work :sly:

jokes aside, i think it shows great support for the community :)

if you really want to be sure of this to work, i would do it this way

send your favorite suits, helmets, museum card, horns, tickets, colors etc to your new account. im not sure if theres a daily limit on items?
go check if the new account is still working.
if it works go back to your main account and delete all your items. and see if it works.

If shepzki method works, i think he just signed up for alot of work :sly:

jokes aside, i think it shows great support for the community :)

Yea, I'm going to try one more thing and if it doesn't work, I'm hiring shepzki. Hopefully tho, I'm able to figure something out this time around that will help everybody else out all at once. We'll see.

shepzki
Ok, it's pretty simple to resign your save, what I need is this:

Logon to whatever account you want to use for your GT5 save, make a savegame with any game other than GT5 and put it on a USB drive, zip it up & email me it.

Send me the GT5 save you wish to be resigned to the new account.

I will PM you an email address to send both saves to, if you don't want to do this no problem and just ignore the PM.

Report if this work... please. Tjanks in advance

Tl;dr Cargo, unplug everything from the front of your PS3, and try starting GT5 as normal. (Wheel, USB stick, controller etc.) Let me know.

I just had a mini issue myself Cargo, where this morning I got stuck on the Grey GT5 Logo for 15 minutes. Read this entire thread.

I played all night, last night, with no issue. I did DL and install the Corvette DLC last night, and when done did a fresh copy to my USB, so that it was the 2.10 game data etc.

This morning, I turn my PS3 on, and I get stuck at the grey GT5 shiny logo for over 15 minutes.

I 'quit game' played in the XMB for a few minutes checking my game save, online backup, current save date etc.

I removed my USB stick, as well as my wheel from the front of the PS3, re-started the game, and it worked.

So, it may be complete coincidence, luck, or what have you, but I know in computers, that sometimes the system will try and boot from an external drive. Unplug your USB stick, wheel, or any other USB port from the PS3, and re-try. Good Luck buddy.

Tl;dr Cargo, unplug everything from the front of your PS3, and try starting GT5 as normal. (Wheel, USB stick, controller etc.) Let me know.

I just had a mini issue myself Cargo, where this morning I got stuck on the Grey GT5 Logo for 15 minutes. Read this entire thread.

I played all night, last night, with no issue. I did DL and install the Corvette DLC last night, and when done did a fresh copy to my USB, so that it was the 2.10 game data etc.

This morning, I turn my PS3 on, and I get stuck at the grey GT5 shiny logo for over 15 minutes.

I 'quit game' played in the XMB for a few minutes checking my game save, online backup, current save date etc.

I removed my USB stick, as well as my wheel from the front of the PS3, re-started the game, and it worked.

So, it may be complete coincidence, luck, or what have you, but I know in computers, that sometimes the system will try and boot from an external drive. Unplug your USB stick, wheel, or any other USB port from the PS3, and re-try. Good Luck buddy.

Yea Adrenaline, I doubted any of that was the issue but give it a try anyway.....nothing, still looping.

Crappy situation going on for people right now. Wish I knew of something that could help. Glad I don't have the problem going on with mine, :P

off topic
Hey Cargo, you going to the NAIAS at all? (Detroit auto show)

Ok, it's pretty simple to resign your save, what I need is this:

Logon to whatever account you want to use for your GT5 save, make a savegame with any game other than GT5 and put it on a USB drive, zip it up & email me it.

Send me the GT5 save you wish to be resigned to the new account.

I will PM you an email address to send both saves to, if you don't want to do this no problem and just ignore the PM.

What a gentlemen :sly:👍

Is this problem only affecting USA players or is it also people in Europe and other regions too?

Reason I ask, is that I've just installed the update on 3 different (Europe region) PS3's without any problem whatsoever...?

Well been paying attention to this for awhile as I'm in this boat too. One thing I know is that it is not the save but the update and is not related to the Vette.

Also it seems that what ever account you updated is the one that isn't affected and every other account is?

Im from spain and I have the problem too

I format the PS3 and still looping.

I delete everything, resinstaling the all the game again, but at the moment to install the 2.10 start the looping...
The gamedata works on 2.07 and 2.09

The only way is hope for a fix patch guys...

Well been paying attention to this for awhile as I'm in this boat too. One thing I know is that it is not the save but the update and is not related to the Vette.

Also it seems that what ever account you updated is the one that isn't affected and every other account is?

not at all my 5 year old son account is not affected , he was racing online earlier and also in arcade mode he loaded the disc 3 times today all loaded fine iam from uk if that makes a diffrence:crazy: also my account isnt affected.

Ok, I have once again reverted back to a working 2.09. Deleted every single car except for the one I was in. Deleted more items and saved to a USB. Deleted original game save and backup. Loaded the newly created save and did the final update. Still looping. Even did a system restore in which it said there was some corrupted files, which it fixed. Still looping.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG. I give up. I mean its clearly their fault as that original save worked fine before and still works with 2.09, but won't work with 2.10. This is clearly something that they are going to have to fix. Almost 2 1/2 worth of gameplay that can't be used anymore. Thanks PD.

Stick a fork in me....I'm done.

That is exactly the case..for me anyways. Updated on my GTP account and that one is fine. Its when I went to my main is when the problems started. Just gotta wait for PD to fix it I guess. I'm done 🤬 around with it. Been trying to fix it for the last 24 hours now.

All I can say guys is just report the problem to Sony/PD and hopefully they get off their asses and fix it.

Ok, I have once again reverted back to a working 2.09. Deleted every single car except for the one I was in. Deleted more items and saved to a USB. Deleted original game save and backup. Loaded the newly created save and did the final update. Still looping. Even did a system restore in which it said there was some corrupted files, which it fixed. Still looping.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG. I give up. I mean its clearly their fault as that original save worked fine before and still works with 2.09, but won't work with 2.10. This is clearly something that they are going to have to fix. Almost 2 1/2 worth of gameplay that can't be used anymore. Thanks PD.

Stick a fork in me....I'm done.

I've been reading your problems all day about this looping and man, this really sucks and is unfortunate for those of you that are having this problem. Here is hoping PD is becoming aware of this and making some emergency patch of some sort. I have about the same amount of time invested in GT5 as you and luckily last night I did not find this issue affecting me. Needless to say I can understand your frustration. I'd be pissed too.

Wish I had more in the way of helping, but anything I was going to suggest has already been tried. Darn broken update lol.:grumpy:

That is exactly the case..for me anyways. Updated on my GTP account and that one is fine. Its when I went to my main is when the problems started.

That's what he said...
The one you update is fine, it's your 'other' accounts that are being effected by the loop. I'll go test this theory right now with my other accounts for you.

Nope... no loop on my Legends account either.

Thanks. I was in a borrowed car on my secondary account at the time of update, which, as I said, that account is working fine. On my main, which is not working, I was in a ellise.

Thats funny, I was in an Elise too.

Coincidence?

Im from spain and I have the problem too

I format the PS3 and still looping.

I delete everything, resinstaling the all the game again, but at the moment to install the 2.10 start the looping...
The gamedata works on 2.07 and 2.09

The only way is hope for a fix patch guys...

It works fine on 1.05 too, I suspect it works on everything except 2.10

That's what he said...
The one you update is fine, it's your 'other' accounts that are being effected by the loop. I'll go test this theory right now with my other accounts for you.

Nope... no loop on my Legends account either.

I have 2 secondary accounts, one is affected, the other is not.

I actually noticed the problem last night after the update, I thought it was just a bad or corrupted save or something, it wasn't until this morning when I restored one of my backup savegames that I realised the problem wasn't going to go away. I downloaded the 'vette on another account this morning too before I realised.

Last edited:
Maybe it's something to do with the family upgrade? I don't know, just guessing.
Hope you can get it sorted.

Thats funny, I was in an Elise too.

Coincidence?

That is strange. I wonder how many other people that this has affected was in an elise. Doubt that thats the problem however because like I said, this last time I put myself in a kart and deleted everything else and used that save, and it still looped. So the saga continues.......

That is strange. I wonder how many other people that this has affected was in an elise. Doubt that thats the problem however because like I said, this last time I put myself in a kart and deleted everything else and used that save, and it still looped. So the saga continues.......
I was in a nissan leaf.

When I start the savegame in 2.09 version the game change me the car to buick special :crazy:

Ok after deleting all the updates the loop just disappeared. Now, i just came from university and i turn on the console to play some gt5... and the loop comes again!!! Wtf?!?!? Im following this threat since the update and for what im reading here, i lost 2 years of my life playing this?!?!? OMG now im just really nervous and angry and.... hope those "mofos" fix this!!! They dont test their updates before releasing them?!?!?

Just out of left field and no solution but I wonder if those who have the looping problem were driving (when they did the update) one of the cars that has had the PP rating changed in 2.10 update?

Perhaps there is an incompatability between the 2.09 PP rating and the 2.10 PP rating in those cars.

For example the stock run-in with oil change 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 has gone from 627PP pre 2.10 to 567PP.

BTW I have an EU disc and a USA disc. UK, NZ, USA, JP, HK GT5 PSN accounts and I've not had a problem with any combination of disc or account. guess I'm just lucky.

Just out of left field and no solution but I wonder if those who have the looping problem were driving (when they did the update) one of the cars that has had the PP rating changed in 2.10 update?

Perhaps there is an incompatability between the 2.09 PP rating and the 2.10 PP rating in those cars.

For example the stock run-in with oil change 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 has gone from 627PP pre 2.10 to 567PP.

I too was thinking along those lines which is why when I reverted back to 2.09, I put myself in a kart because I haven't read anything on here about the karts PP being changed. When I used that save, it still looped. On my secondary, which I actually updated from, I was actually driving a borrowed car and that one is fine. I am going back to 2.09 one last time to put myself in yet another car. Any suggestions on a car to get into? I doubt it will work but we'll see I guess. This is the last time I'm trying tho, I'm running out of patience here.

I just think anything that is tried is futile as I really think that its going to take a patch from PD to fix this.

Don't wanna say it, but I'm getting ready to spend my time on Forza there PD.

Ok has anyone tried downloading and installing the family pack I think its called? I think that allowed all accounts on 1 ps3 to use dlc who knows it might fix this problem.

Wow, that looks familiar, wonder where I seen that before.:lol: Sorry, just trying to have a sense of humor about all this.

Seriously tho, thanks very much for posting the video. That way others can see exactly what is happening.👍

@thelvynau: yes

@Ridox2JZGTE: Ok, thanks. Will get into that one

Also, I just wanna take a minute here and say thanks for everyones help and support here. Its greatly appreciated and really shows that people can come together and help in the time of need. Even tho its just a video game, it just shows that no matter what the crisis is, people are always willing to help. Once again, a big heart felt thanks, really appreciate your time guys.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I reckon if everyone who has the problem goes about sorting what they all have in common with their current game progress (completion, car/paint/museum/etc. count, current vehicle, duplicated tickets, regions and other factors) you may have a better chance of sorting this out. From what I've seen so far, it doesn't appear to be widespread, and that leads me to believe there's a particular link in the chain of calamity that's causing your collective issue.

Great job starting the thread and staying on top of it, this should be stickied. 👍

I reckon if everyone who has the problem goes about sorting what they all have in common with their current game progress (completion, car/paint/museum/etc. count, current vehicle, duplicated tickets, regions and other factors) you may have a better chance of sorting this out. From what I've seen so far, it doesn't appear to be widespread, and that leads me to believe there's a particular link in the chain of calamity that's causing your collective issue.

Great job starting the thread and staying on top of it, this should be stickied. 👍

Yea, I was thinking that also. There has to be some common ground between us all that is causing the issue. I tried to give as much information as I could about my main when the problem occurred, but I'll do it again so other people can compare.

1. I was not on that account when I updated.
2. Car I was in on that account was an Elise
3. 276 tickets in the truck.
4. All museum cards and suits.
5. About 3000 different paints.
6. Just under 1000 cars.
7. Read my sig for game status.
8. I had numerous cars that were running really, really dirty oil.
9. The last thing I did on that account was the Indy 500 B-Spec race with the Elise. (Putting miles on it for use with dirty oil)

When I get the game loaded on spec 2.09, I'll list more such as miles driven, ect. Anything else that might be relevant, just ask and I'll list it.

@dixonbaps: Yes.

Back