Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
Hmm, so did i do it yesterday:

- Got home from work around 05:15pm (17:15 Uhr german time)
- started up PS3 went to PS store
- downloaded the '13 vette
- started GT5
- updated to 2.10
- installed the vette
- pressed GT mode
- waited....waited....waited....check if ps did hang up....nope backgroundmovie keept playing and ps home button was working
- GT mode opened
- wondered that no loggin bonus appeard (no cards, no exp/cash boost, just nothing appeared)
- got the C7 vette from the giftcartickets
- entered la sarthe with the new vette
- quitted game

That's my GT5 day from yesterday :)

Now when any new DLC is out am like the next person jumped striaght to it.
So am not sure if you could get the DLC before the update.
Maybe someone knows others who may not of updated yet who might be able to confirm this somehow?
Chat soon bye for now.:)

I can confirm that you can get the DLC first and update the game afterward. This is exactly how I did it.

- Go to PS store (needed to update the store itself also)
- Download Corvette (and weider hsv I also bought)
- Started game and updated game to 2.10
- Installed Corvette (and weider hsv I also bought)
- Played the game all night.

I haven't actually played it again after that session though...

I can confirm that you can get the DLC first and update the game afterward. This is exactly how I did it.

- Installed Corvette

Same as how I did it, I have played since and no issues so far.

- Installed Corvette (and weider hsv I also bought)
- Played the game all night.

I haven't actually played it again after that session though...

Same as how I did it, I have played since and no issues so far.

I think thats how I did but its not that which is cuasing issues then since post below did same thing and ended up with the loop?

well i did dlc, update, save loop....... DAMN IT!!!!!!

So it has to do with something thats in the update thats making it do it?

I have the loop problem and also have a car I can't drive/delete. An r8 5.2 for some reason its 714pp...

I think I have some ford car that I cant delete, something like coruppted data
maybe that is a reason 💡

This is begining to look like a common problem? 💡

If its just the one car you can not delete, Best thing to do is delete game data not save data go back to 2.09 and delete then try the update.
What a hassle.:lol: Looks like PP is a major pain in the rear. Could be you modded the car in the past and with the new PP thingy its confusing your save? Just an idea thats all. :sly:

I am sure that it is the update and there fault.

My thinking would be if it was just the update everyone would suffer.
Not just a select few. So it has to be some information thats in an individuals save that is conflicting with the update?

This is begining to look like a common problem? 💡

If its just the one car you can not delete, Best thing to do is delete game data not save data go back to 2.09 and delete then try the update.
What a hassle.:lol: Looks like PP is a major pain in the rear. Could be you modded the car in the past and with the new PP thingy its confusing your save? Just an idea thats all. :sly:

I would have done that, but it cannot be deleted or sent or selected. Anyone good at hacking save data? 💡:)

Has anyone else got this "ghost car" glitch, whether looping or not?

Last edited:
Even if it is a conflicting car/item, it is their fault for missing such a thing and its just unfortunate that a few select faithful copped the brunt of such a thing.

I first did update to 2.10, then i downloaded the C7. But then unexpecedly when i was installing the C7 from GT5 menu and game was svaing data, a power loss happened, we lost power. I didnt have no power electricity in the house for the next 11 hours (It was anyway bed time). I knew that the save data would be corruped or not got. So when power was back on i checked the data and it says corrupted. I then started game and it said that there is a backup save available - would i like to load from it....
And problem solved thanks to the backup, even i copy my data once a week on USB so i dont loose anything...

Good morning guys. Sorry to hear more people seem to be having the same problem. As I've said before, I think this is something PD is going to have to fix. I guess we are all just screwed waiting to see when/if PD will put a patch out to fix this.

After sleeping on it, I am quickly losing interest in this game now after losing something that I have put almost 2 1/2 years into. Yea, I still have and can play on my GTP account, but I really don't have anything on that account and its just not the same. On top of that, they seemed to have messed up the PP system with this update. (Thats another story for a different thread tho)

Anyway, at least I can still take part in my beloved time trial events and such on my working GTP account, but this latest screw up really has me thinking if this is really the game that I want to devote all my time to. The only thing that is saving it right now for me is the Academy and my goal to one day make it to the finals. If it wasn't for that bit, I probably would be back to the "other" game by now. But, thats a whole nother discussion and I can see I'm rambing now so I'll stop here.

Still trying to keep a positive attitude and hopefully PD does the right thing here and fixes what has affected many people.

Again, thanks for everyones efforts and support in trying to figure out what the problem is. That is another reason why I continue to stick with GT5 is this community and everyones kindness and williingness to help others. GTPlanet really makes playing GT5 an even more enjoyable experience and I salute all of you. You all have made playing this game really fun for me. Thank you all.

I'll keep this thread open for any news, fixes, ect. but I myself am pretty much done here. I have tried everything and really think its out of our hands now. Its up to PD to fix this now. So, again, thank you all for your tireless efforts and continued support, really appreciate it you guys. I'm out of here for now. Peace.

Mitch "CargoRatt" R.
NGU

EDIT: After reading the last few posts, I can tell you that it is not an un-deletable car that could be causing the issue. I say this because on one of my many trips yesturday back to 2.09, I was able to delete all of my cars except of course the one I was in which I bought new just for making the new gamesave. Still had the looping with no cars in my garage. I stated this before when I done it, perhaps you just overlooked that experiment. Anyways, not the issue guys, sorry.

Last edited:
I did he dlc content and then 2.10 and I'm having the same looping problem. But I do have a few broken cars that cannot be deleted so maybe you're on to something there.

I would have done that, but it cannot be deleted or sent or selected. Anyone good at hacking save data? 💡:)

No mate the only way I could think off is like I said delete your game data and load the basics back up don,t go online then you don,t get the updates and load game try delete car and then update.
Hopefully thats way to get rid of the car.:(

Several months ago I had a car (nissan 240z standard) blocked, could not open and erase.

A few weeks ago I select and it works, but lost the rims that I added in GT-auto. :crazy:

My profile
All the cars except the all nissans form GT academy. XJ13 chrome
, camaro edge, gamestop camry and all stealth cars.
All DLC's
26 tickets to be open
98% of game. (any A-spec 24h race)
All gold in license and special events

What I did before crash:

Open ps3
Go to store, No corvette DLC
Go to update system, update to 4.31
Wait for some minutes.
Go to store, download corvette DLC
Install DLC
Go to Game
Update to 2.10
LOOP....

Last edited:
the ONLY conclusion i have come to is that it is affecting those of us who have been doing well for ourselves.

Lol, nice thought my friend but I hardly think thats the issue. I know plenty of people who have done better than me and have had no issues at all. Nice thought tho, lol.

Edit: Just an update. The whole assigning the gamesave to another account thing will not work either. This has been confirmed on two difference instances now so we can throw that into the list of things tried and won't work.

Last edited:
Lol, nice thought my friend but I hardly think thats the issue. I know plenty of people who have done better than me and have had no issues at all. Nice thought tho, lol.

Well look at the track record, we all have a high level drivers in both spec's, we have a high % of completion/spent years on the game, garage is/was fairly full and i am assuming we all had a good amount of cash.

I am sitting at about 75% trophies, 921 cars, B spec fully finished all gold with all drivers at 39 on average and max of 40, A spec only the 24 hr events left at all gold, 15 million credits and all dlc.

Well look at the track record, we all have a high level drivers in both spec's, we have a high % of completion/spent years on the game, garage is/was fairly full and i am assuming we all had a good amount of cash.

I am sitting at about 75% trophies, 921 cars, B spec fully finished all gold with all drivers at 39 on average and max of 40, A spec only the 24 hr events left at all gold, 15 million credits and all dlc.

Which is all true, but like I said, I know people with much higher levels that have had no problems at all. I just don't think this has anything to do with it. I think it goes much deeper than that. Like I've said before, I had deleted my main down to almost nothing and when I loaded it back to update to 2.10, it still looped. So, I don't think its the number of items or any one car that is causing the problem.

Am sat on a platinum have 99% game completion. Couldn,t be bothered to do one of the 24hr races.:D
3 Accounts that I regularly use one garage has 1995 cars all suits/horns museum cards and every DLC and paints pouring out of every where.
2nd account 1300+ with all the bells and trimmings of the above?
Plus each of them cars have been driven till they are falling apart.:lol:
3rd account 450+ all bells and whistles again on this too.

All cars I own are 0/0/0 or on my main they get used to bits?

All accounts vary by credits, 20 million on one 8 million on another. And something in same region on other account.
All B-spec drivers in one account all drivers have an average of 17 to 20 million each and range from level 36 to 40, And other accounts my b-spec drivers I gave up looking.
Played the game from the day it came out, And got dragged into the 0/0/0 collecting thingy.:D

And am all ok with my saves on each and every account. And I can confirm that when trying someone elses save it was stuck in a loop and nothing could be done with it?
Yet my saves all work fine.

In all honesty I think its everyone to the phone and get calling PD/Sony and complain.

EDIT: 1 save is 6200 or somewhere round there 2nd save is 4995 and 3rd save is 2560 gave or take a bit on the numbers.?
2nd EDIT: I will point out that on a couple of my accounts I hit the limit set in place by PD of 7000 items quite often.

Last edited:
Am sat on a platinum have 99% game completion. Couldn,t be bothered to do one of the 24hr races.:D
3 Accounts that I regularly use one garage has 1995 cars all suits/horns museum cards and every DLC and paints pouring out of every where.
2nd account 1300+ with all the bells and trimmings of the above?
Plus each of them cars have been driven till they are falling apart.:lol:
3rd account 450+ all bells and whistles again on this too.

All cars I own are 0/0/0 or on my main they get used to bits?

All accounts vary by credits, 20 million on one 8 million on another. And something in same region on other account.
All B-spec drivers in one account all drivers have an average of 17 to 20 million each and range from level 36 to 40, And other accounts my b-spec drivers I gave up looking.
Played the game from the day it came out, And got dragged into the 0/0/0 collecting thingy.:D

And am all ok with my saves on each and every account. And I can confirm that when trying someone elses save it was stuck in a loop and nothing could be done with it?
Yet my saves all work fine.

In all honesty I think its everyone to the phone and get calling PD/Sony and complain.

EdIT: 1 save is 6200 or somewhere round there 2nd save is 4995 and 3rd save is 2560 gave or take a bit on the numbers.?

Agreed. There is pretty much nothing any of us can do at this point, its up to PD to fix it. It is their update that broke peoples working saves. Thats what I'm most pissed about. Its nothing I did to cause it, it was their update so they need to fix it. My complaint with them has already been submitted.

By chance, is the time line about the same range for everyone having this issues?

When did all the parties whom downloaded the update do it? Right when it was available?

I did mine for a few PS3's about 2 hours after it became available. I saw Paraballa online before me in GT5 and he had no issues.

Yesterday I call to playstation phone support and they told me to format the disc and reinstall all the game.
I explain her that I did that few times with same result
I push to explain about the conflict between gamedata an update 2.10... and the i..ot woman again to reinstall the game.
I ask her to report the problem to PD or playstation because wasnt only my problem, lots of people are affected and she laugh...shame

Agreed. There is pretty much nothing any of us can do at this point, its up to PD to fix it. It is their update that broke peoples working saves. Thats what I'm most pissed about. Its nothing I did to cause it, it was their update so they need to fix it. My complaint with them has already been submitted.

Yeah am beginning to think its something in lines with the PP system that they have fetched in that is making the saves act a bit stupid. (Looping)

Am not one for modding cars so if anyone has and they (PD) have changed how the PP works, then it maybe not able to load up if the information regarding the PP correction to suit the new update? Hope that makes sense.:lol:
But its all just guess work mate and banging head against wall?

By chance, is the time line about the same range for everyone having this issues?

When did all the parties whom downloaded the update do it? Right when it was available?

I did mine for a few PS3's about 2 hours after it became available. I saw Paraballa online before me in GT5 and he had no issues.
Nice shout mate, Maybe they got a faulty update.:( And corrupted there saves to not work on 2.10?
I did mine quite some time afterwards?

Yesterday I call to playstation phone support and they told me to format the disc and reinstall all the game.
I explain her that I did that few times with same result
I push to explain about the conflict between gamedata an update 2.10... and the i..ot woman again to reinstall the game.
I ask her to report the problem to PD or playstation because wasnt only my problem, lots of people are affected and she laugh...shame

Ouch thats just naughty of her, The shame she,s bringing on PD.:( Dam that woman.:D
Think Kaz needs a tweet, Anyone oblige please.

Last edited:
Any of you having the looping try bringing your gamesave to a different PS3? With Cargo deleting everything except one car and still having the issue I don't see much else to try.

One other thought, did you guys also try deleting all your replays? They can potentially be very large and could be a possible source for problems.

If anyone writes to PD I would include a link to this thread so they can see its not an isolated problem.

Any of you having the looping try bringing your gamesave to a different PS3? With Cargo deleting everything except one car and still having the issue I don't see much else to try.

One other thought, did you guys also try deleting all your replays? They can potentially be very large and could be a possible source for problems.

If anyone writes to PD I would include a link to this thread so they can see its not an isolated problem.

If you link it, Cargorat needs to revise one of his post in regards with a certain car.

Back