Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
click

Be a close race between the Lunar Rover and these two.

24 Hour race or nothing! :lol:

If someone had told me that one day I could drive The Lunar Rover around Silverstone or Bathurst, I would've said you were insane. Then 5 seconds later after that someone had left, I would remember what GT4 did with the Benz Motorwagen and the Model T. ;)

I don't care about driving the rover, I want to drive on the Moon!
Imagine the serious air time you'd get.
Holding a 24 Hr race in low gravity and have the chance to have B-Spec Bob die of a lack of oxygen should be fun.

THIS is what PD comes up with.. Instead of adding stuff people actually asked for for years, they add weird space **** that gonna be virtually useless and slow on a real racetrack, which makes the car even more useless because if GT5 didn't even have all of the other GT tracks, you can totally forget about any sort of "moon dlc". ****in ridiculous

I am torn its cool as heck and unique but at the same time PD has ignored A TON of cars that people have been asking for in the game.

This car simply shows the car guy + gal universe that the Gran Turismo series is one-of-a-kind.

Pimp my Rover. :dopey:

That isn't always a good thing though. They could have included a motorised fridge, that would have been unique as well, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Oh and not only did PD modellers spend time on this thing someone else also sat down and modeled (In what looks like pretty high detail) the lunar module itself.

63ff7123e0cb067cfc11078347e1eaaa.jpg

Time well spent PD, time well spent.

Racing moon rovers on a dirt track on the moon? I'm in! :dopey:👍

Hey, and while PD is at it they could make a Mars DLC with mars rovers. Its should be a point-to-point race track that is only a couple of meters long. Oh the fun....

In terms of uniqueness and originality, yes. No other car game has a vehicle like this in it. Thats why I love PD, they will throw in some random vehicle, and its always something awesome.

Wow so much consternation over "one" car. There will those who like it and to be honest I think it's awesome to have that connection with one of history's great moments. It's still most expensive car ever made and is still on the moon today as NASA left it there. And there will be those that don't so don't drive it. This is not the final car list there are more to come in a second reveal plus on going DLC.

That isn't always a good thing though. They could have included a motorised fridge, that would have been unique as well, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Oh and not only did PD modellers spend time on this thing someone else also sat down and modeled (In what looks like pretty high detail) the lunar module itself.

63ff7123e0cb067cfc11078347e1eaaa.jpg

Time well spent PD, time well spent.

Get over it Samus it's there and I disagree with you

Last edited by a moderator:
So because you disagree with me I should get over it? How about, no? The point is PD spent time modeling all of that when they could have worked on something more worthwhile that more people would enjoy.

Nice to see you speak for everyone in the world. Your opinion and that alone.

And no I tell you to get over it cause it's there it is in the game as confirmed - it is what it is regardless of how "we" feel about it love or hate

I like it, it's a hilarious inclusion, but it doesn't appear to be that well modeled compared to the other new premiums we've seen...

Nice to see you speak for everyone in the world. Your opinion and that alone.

And no I tell you to get over it cause it's there it is in the game as confirmed - it is what it is regardless of how "we" feel about it love or hate

Why have a discussion forum at all then? Everything is in the game, we might as well all just get over anything we don't like and never post about it.

:lol: This thread. Just saying...

It's a car in a game There have been a fair few vehicles in GT that are useless, but hold historic value. Like the 1886 Daimler cars and Ford Model T in GT4. They're completely useless, but are automotive icons, and so is the Lunar Rover. It's the first human driven motor vehicle on the moon, now that's quite special. It holds the same value. And if you don't like the idea of PD using their time to remember history, then ignore it. Simple.

The Lunar Rover's going to be the source of a lot of fun! Stupid fun, but I will be entertained. :D

I'm also reading the wiki. The wheels are in no way designed to run on tarmac and as you say, it has next to no power. Fine in zero gravity but on earth it will be slower than the Model T. Complete waste of time.

Exactly. Zero gravity moon rally track gogogo!

Yes it's historic and so like those other cars you mentioned they should be in a museum. Spending time making them drivable is just stupid, this possibly the stupidest of all.

Back