NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The storm is moving from the south to the north and from the west to the east.

If only someone had created compass directions in between those 4 points.

The humanity of it all.

Now the 48 is blowing up?

"Jeff Gordon now posted 26th after getting a 2nd caution (tire rolled out of box) & having to come back to pit road." *ULTIMATE FACEDESK*

"Jeff Gordon now posted 26th after getting a 2nd caution (tire rolled out of box) & having to come back to pit road." *ULTIMATE FACEDESK*

Next week at Martinsville - Jeff Gordon given black flag for no reason other than the fact he was in first.

Race is likely over. I must say I am glad I completely ignored this race.

It seems like the worse the race, the more attention I pay to it.

This is the first time I've watched a live Nascar race and I'm utterly dissapointed. Being in europe (England) I'm glad it's almost bed time! The coverage is shocking! Ad break after ad break of, ironically, official Nascar ads! Then it starts spitting and the race is red flagged! Why don't they have wet weather tires? It seems embarrasing after watching F1 earlier. Torrential rain and they had a go at it for a few laps (yes, I am aware it was red flagged for 50mins but that was a real down pour!).

This is the first time I've watched a live Nascar race and I'm utterly dissapointed. Being in europe (England) I'm glad it's almost bed time! The coverage is shocking! Ad break after ad break of, ironically, official Nascar ads! Then it starts spitting and the race is red flagged! Why don't they have wet weather tires? It seems embarrasing after watching F1 earlier. Torrential rain and they had a go at it for a few laps (yes, I am aware it was red flagged for 50mins but that was a real down pour!).

NASCAR NEVER runs in the rain. The banking on these corners plus the amount of force the cars would put on an wet weather tire would make a really dangerous situation.

Fontana's the NASCAR equivalent of Valencia. It's so horrible, they lopped 100 miles off the race distance AND we only come here once instead of twice.

People that complain about them not running in the rain have absolutely no idea the physics involved with these cars.

NASCAR NEVER runs in the rain. The banking on these corners plus the amount of force the cars would put on an wet weather tire would make a really dangerous situation.
They can, but only on a road course. Even then, they try to avoid it if then can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back