Need for Speed - The Movie | March 14, 2014

Don't know if it has been said before... The other day in downtown Detroit right outside my mom's work, they were filming part of this movie.

They had a Mustang of some sorts drifting around this circle with cops and pedestrian cars. They did a quite a few takes throughout the day.

I bet this'll be as unrealistic as the NFS games themselves. A police car hits a racer? It flies off the edge of the world.

I bet most of these "supercars" are nothing more than kit cars worth no more than the scrap they are made of.

They are. They're smart enough not to use $1 million+ single digit production hyper cars in a movie of this nature.

Judging from the spy shots (such a romantic name for "photos" :lol:), we will have some Hot Pursuit-style action with this GTA Spano cop car.

need-for-speed-set-picture+(2).jpg

Wooooow. They could have got some better lights, those look like they came off a work truck...

Not sure what to make of that trailer. If the only cars racing are the Veyron, Spano, P1, Sesto, Saleen, Agera and Mustang then it looks like a disappointing movie.

Last edited:
You're not going to show every single car used in the film in the trailer. That not only spoils a possible surprise, it also may be too much to cram into one and a half minutes.

He is a pretty good actor in Breaking Bad but I don't think any of us have our expectations set high at all for this movie. Trailer wasn't too bad.

Hope those effects are still not finished, Movie looks cheesy and not the different from (insert super car street racing themed)Movie to be honest.

I'm not really caring for this movie. I might watch it if I get around to it, but expectations are low; almost as low as for the Gran Turismo movie, whenever it turns up.

doesnt look that bad tbh. I think people bashing the movie just because it contain the name "Need For Speed" and "EA". Agera, P1, Aaron Paul and a Veyron crash seems like a good reason for me to watch it lol

I'm dumber for having watched that trailer. My god, how to people blissfully watch this crap. This, and almost everything else coming out of Hollywood.

doesnt look that bad tbh. I think people bashing the movie just because it contain the name "Need For Speed" and "EA". Agera, P1, Aaron Paul and a Veyron crash seems like a good reason for me to watch it lol

We've had a move that destroyed a bunch of supercars. Eddie Griffith crashed the producer's Enzo during a promotion for and the movie itself was pretty terrible. This, just from the trailers, seems like Redline 2: Need For Speed. In my opinion...I'll catch it on Netflix.

We've had a move that destroyed a bunch of supercars. Eddie Griffith crashed the producer's Enzo during a promotion for and the movie itself was pretty terrible. This, just from the trailers, seems like Redline 2: Need For Speed. In my opinion...I'll catch it on Netflix.
You do know these cars in NFS are replicas right ? The enzo a real one while these cars are replicas, besides the crashes in NFS doesnt look as stupid as Redline. The trailer doesnt scream Redline to me , Redline used a lot of hot women to promote the movie so that a lot of people would watch it just for the hot women. This one shows revenge story, i hated Redline and i'm interested in this movie.

You do know these cars in NFS are replicas right ? The enzo a real one while these cars are replicas, besides the crashes in NFS doesnt look as stupid as Redline. The trailer doesnt scream Redline to me , Redline used a lot of hot women to promote the movie so that a lot of people would watch it just for the hot women. This one shows revenge story, i hated Redline and i'm interested in this movie.

1. it's not like EA doesn't have the money to crash REAL cars. But yeah, the stunt cars are most likely just shells. 2. Actually, they looked just as bad as Redline. The Koinesegg being blown over, the P1 crashing...the only real difference is that car guys and gals won't have to cringe at every crash. 3. Wasn't the base story for Redline a revenge story? However, this is simply my opinion and you may go see it if you want. I won't be.

1. it's not like EA doesn't have the money to crash REAL cars. But yeah, the stunt cars are most likely just shells. 2. Actually, they looked just as bad as Redline. The Koinesegg being blown over, the P1 crashing...the only real difference is that car guys and gals won't have to cringe at every crash. 3. Wasn't the base story for Redline a revenge story? However, this is simply my opinion and you may go see it if you want. I won't be.
Imo the crashes in the trailer looks brutal while Redline looks stupid and i cant really remember what Redline is all about, the story just got scrambled for me because of how dumb the action is (or maybe i just didnt bother to focus on the story lol) Well we can't really say the movie will be good or not just by the trailer so it might turn out like Redline or it might turn put good, until then lets agree to disagree.

And i apologize if my posts to you sounded like i'm forcing you my opinion, maybe i'm just a little bit excited for this since its looks like a gritty, dark themed movie (which i always enjoy.)

Okay, I understand why everyone's so excited about this movie. It has Jesse from Breaking Bad in it. Understood. Just kidding, although that probably is one of the attractions.

So, the cars are poorly built replicas designed to be crashed. And it is probably because they're designed to be crashed at "high" speeds that they were built so poorly.

Last edited:
Back