Need for Speed: Undercover Confirmed Cars

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 297 comments
Stupid game I bet, it's just gonna be like Carbon and PS; a huge let down. Each time EA make a new game they'll say "OH YEAH IT'S LIKE...GONNA RETURN TO IT'S ROOTS". Ofcourse it never happens, they're basically admitting themselves that it's a rubbish game. Unless I see a new NFS:HP2, or even a new MW I will not be happy with EA, and will never reccomend any of their games to anybody. The problem is that people who buy these games now will probably have no clue about cars.
+1
Even Test Drive was better than NFS! :dopey: (and funnily enough, both game started life with the same developer. :lol:)

lol, seriously? A list? This is more worthless than even waiting for the game to come out.
Ask the thread starter, yeesh! :rolleyes:

You say it like Test Drive was bad. TDU is...one of my favourite games.

Bad because there were very little cars on the PS2 version. :( Also bad because your stuck on an island doing nothing, at least the older TD had some missions for you to do and race in several countries. :D

I haven't played TDU yet (I'm very skeptical about getting the PS2 version), but I remember Test Drive 6 being one of my favorite PS1 games. I wonder how the next game will be now that Infogrames has the series' license again.

You say it like Test Drive was bad. TDU is...one of my favourite games.
Same here. TDU for the xbox360 was easily one of my favorite racing/cruising games ever made. It was actually the next best thing to NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 which was the best NFS game of the series.

TDU sucked, mind you I am saying that from my the Playstation 2 version, which had half the content that it should have included missing, so yeah, if you were not playing the PS2 version, TDU was awesome. Although some people would preffer NFS to go back to driving high-powered performance cars, lets face it, times have changed and now the tuner scene is at large. Most Wanted was awesome, so awesome infact that I have decided to delete my profile and have another crack at it, which shows just how good it is. Then EA had to go and stab themselves up the jackxy with Carbon, which only probably took about an hour to make, including the amount of time the developers spend playing kiss chase.

TDU sucked, mind you I am saying that from my the Playstation 2 version, which had half the content that it should have included missing, so yeah, if you were not playing the PS2 version, TDU was awesome.

No, even the PS2 version was good. Yes it had half the content and not as good graphics, but it was the only '6th' Gen console that got it. My point of view is that the PS2 couldn't control all of the island, which you must admit is huge. The PS2 version was about half the price of the usual brand new game; I got it for $50 while all the other new games were atleast $90. Just because it had a few less cars, it still was just as fun.

Added to the list: '08 Ronn Motor Scorpion

320-2008-Ronn-Motor-Scorpion-Red-Side-Top.jpg

No, even the PS2 version was good. Yes it had half the content and not as good graphics, but it was the only '6th' Gen console that got it. My point of view is that the PS2 couldn't control all of the island, which you must admit is huge. The PS2 version was about half the price of the usual brand new game; I got it for $50 while all the other new games were atleast $90. Just because it had a few less cars, it still was just as fun.

Im still holding out for TDU2 and hopefully it being on PS3! But I have heard nothing about any development... it took like bloody ages to even do the first one!

TDU was the only thing like reminded me of how NFS used to be and thats what I would love to see again!

Robin

I hope to God that TDU2 will come out on PC, my new one dosent seem to lag whatsoever. Nomore crappy PS2 games for me :D

Yeah, the island was huge, however, I have got from one end of the island to the other end in around 20 minutes by driving like a man possesed in a Koenigsegg!

I think everyone's pretty much got the cars I'd have said. I don't have a problem with the tuning options, body kits etc though, so even if there were some slower cars then tuning them up to be quick would suit me. I agree NFS is about speed though.

On that note then, how about adding a few motorcycles in? I've no idea whether they've got plans for motorcycles in the game, but maybe a Fireblade, Ninja, R1, 1098, Gixer thou, KTM RC8... maybe even a Harley V-Rod and Triumph Rocket 3? A bit of motorcycle street racing would add to the game I reckon.

I like bikes, but Midnight Club 3 kinda scared me away from wanting them in arcade racers. I could add them though. Here's to hoping that if they make it in, EA does a good job with the physics :cheers:

*EDIT*

Added:

Ducati 1098 '08
Ducati 999R '06
Ducati Desmosedici GP7 '07
Ducati Desmosedici RR '07
Harley Davidson VRSCX '07
Honda CBR1000RR '08
Kawasaki Ninja 650R '08
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 '08
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR '06
KTM 1190 RC8 '08
Suzuki GSX-R1000
Triumph Rocket III '08
Yamaha YZF-R1 '08

Yeah, the island was huge, however, I have got from one end of the island to the other end in around 20 minutes by driving like a man possesed in a Koenigsegg!

Yes but 20minutes in a fully-tuned Koenigsegg, which means you were probably driving at around 350km/h TO 400km/h. Which means that you drove around 120km in that 20mins. I'd say it's pretty big.

I like bikes, but Midnight Club 3 kinda scared me away from wanting them in arcade racers. I could add them though. Here's to hoping that if they make it in, EA does a good job with the physics :cheers:

Don't even bother, if NFS had bikes in their games its probably gonna fail big time...... ;)

If they're returning to their roots and just giving us nice cars, I'd like to add the benchmark (read: bare-minimum) supercars of the olden days: The Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, and the NA1 Honda NSX. To add to the lower-end supercar train-of-thought, the BMW M5 (year 1999? The one with 400hp) should be added just a rank above those two Japanese cars.

Also, the sweet DeTomaso Pantera GTS should be in any supercar list.

If there be a classic-car designation for the game, the BMW 2002 Turbo would fit splendidly with NFS's fast-cars pattern.

I saw these cars in the new trailer:

- Aston Martin DB9 or DBS
- Audi RS5 (I don't think the RS4 or RS6 come in coupe form)
- BMW M6
- Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster
- Lexus IS350
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
- Nissan GT-R
- Porsche 911 (997) (most likely a Turbo)

Can anyone tell what that car is that the Lancer spirals over at 0:23? At first I thought it was just the GT-R, but it looks off. The headlights remind me of a new Peugeot or something like that.

Last edited:
The preview looks too cheesy, almost like how most NFS games was before this. That is a minus from me.... 👎 Also, I'm feeling this game is going to be more like Carbon and Most Wanted, which the storyline almost takes over the gameplay...... bad way to start EA..... :grumpy:

Oh well after seeing the trailer I can safely say...... FAIL!

Going back to its roots my ass..... they have been saying that for like the last 4 titles..... unless its titled Hot Pursuit 3 its going to be Fast n Furious style every damn time.. :grumpy:

Give us only supercars.... no stupid story and no cheezy trailers like that!

Robin

There are a surprising number of die-hard Underground fans, and they'd love to see more low-end cars. And a lot of them do want trucks. Not to mention it's usually difficult to detect sarcasm in text.

I want : Skoda Octavia vRs Mk2, BMW e30 M3,Bmw e60 M5, Bmw e36,M3 , Mitsubishi eclipse , Subaru impreza Sti (newest) Toyota supra mk4 , Skoda Fabia vRs , Opel Astra G,Peugeot 206 RC ! PLEASEEEE

There are a surprising number of die-hard Underground fans, and they'd love to see more low-end cars. And a lot of them do want trucks. Not to mention it's usually difficult to detect sarcasm in text.

I liked underground, but i chose only to drive the 'top end' cars in circuit/drag races, only true drift cars in the drift events because the trashy physics (particularly in nfsu2) made RWD cars HARDER to gain points in drifting.

E.g. in circuit type races i use RX7s, GTRs, Evos etc. Even though again many low cars were better, particularly in nfsu2 again the AE86 was the fastest circuit car fully tuned (what the ****?).

However, i liked underground, i loved High Stakes, Hot Pursuit etc. Personally, i'd like to see the exotics V cops in beautiful places come back, i'd like to have a couple of tuners in the same place to, maybe create a kind of rivalry between tuners and exotics?

I'd also like to be able to drift, but not in drift mode, but just be able to drift in the main game, in circuit races, whatever. I want to drive however i like at any time, you can't beat a good old fashioned tire smoking, lights flashing, engine thrashing cop chase around twisty mountain roads. So personally i want a mix of high tuners, classic muscles and exotics

For all these reasons for a start i think the race cars should be removed right away, CCGT etc. Unless there is a road version it should be there in my opinion.

As for cars i want to see:
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (spelling?)
Audi RS4
Lambo' LP640 Roadster
McLaren F1 GTR (you know, the big orange monster, its road legal so it's here)
Mercedes CLS55 AMG
Mitsubishi Evo X (top model not sure what the current highest is)
Nissan 240SX S13 (see below)
Nissan Silvia S15 (tunable to some extent primarily for drifting rather then racing)
I see GTR V-Spec but i want to clarify, the new Nissan GTR and the Skyline R34.
Rolls Royce Phantom (purely for challenge purpose when it comes to chases)
Shelby Cobra

Back