perhaps GT6 is falling behind.

• Thread starter JBranco
  • 551 comments
...you're suppose to post only in English - first rule of AUP. Though I don't agree with MeanElf, I'm not sure what you said nor anyone else that doesn't speak Portuguese.

Last edited by a moderator:
...you're suppose to post only in English - first rule of AUP. Though I don't agree with MeanElf, I'm not sure what you said nor anyone else that doesn't speak Portuguese.
He just said that all opinions are personal. Now, as for his first sentence... I dare not say what he wrote.

User interface is a push I'd say. It's a lot faster, but it's also even harder to navigate.

And neither really approaches what a racing game UI should be, unfortunately. The player spends a remarkable amount of time in menus in a racing game compared to the amount of time racing. Where an action game might get away with sloppy UI design because it's not really used that much, it's pretty key to the experience of a racer.

I have games where I know the menus so well that I can click through the options before the visual elements show up on screen. That's how responsive menus should be. And the only reason for them not being like that, as far as I can tell, is the need for graphical flashiness at every step. PD could use some lovely 2D renders in the background instead of fully 3D rendered stuff. They could decouple the menus entirely from the background, so that the background only loads if you stop for a few seconds.

The only place I figure there's a real need to stop and load is when entering a race. Prototype menus in Flash or something, run a number of common menu selections (they must have data for this from GT5) and minimise time spent and clicks. And then build it on the console so that it runs FAST.

Because you don't like them doesn't means that they're useless. They're far from it. You're just looking upon it with PD's world revolving around what you want as an individual.

Well, some of them are pretty useless.

Until the car comes out with the GPS export facility to input into the GPS Visualiser, that seems like an entirely useless feature to everybody. After the car comes out it might be useful to a few, but right now, bupkis.

another day and the story continues....:lol:

I made a seperate topic for Toca yesterday but I just wanted to bring in this video just to show what for me is wrong with the GT series

The game that is shown is 14 years old and it runs on a psone ;)

How on earth is it possible that after 15 years of developement within the GT series we still have well poor AI, 16 cars on track but no racing, lacking sounds, no standing starts and an utterly sterile experience? I don't call that progress! Apart from photomode which is a great feature there has not much changed.

If you are able to put in a 1000 cars, a huge tracklist and 16 cars on track, you have a lot in your hands to make an absolute great racing experience. But PD just fails to implement that! What is the use of having Lemans racecars and JGTC cars if you can't deliver the experience? Then they are just cars on a track driving around.

And even if the 2 games present something completely different they both are presented as a racing game.

I think one of the members said it before, GT just doesn't know what it wants to be as a game. Maybe in there lies exactly it's problem!

Last edited:
Well, some of them are pretty useless.

Until the car comes out with the GPS export facility to input into the GPS Visualiser, that seems like an entirely useless feature to everybody. After the car comes out it might be useful to a few, but right now, bupkis.
I don't know how many times i've had to say this in this thread, but new technology. It has to be implemented before it can be used to its full potential. And it won't be useful to just a few in future, everybody who plays GT will be able to take advantage of it. @Famine did an excellent job of explaining how it can be used by everybody.

I don't know how many times i've had to say this in this thread, but new technology. It has to be implemented before it can be used to its full potential. And it won't be useful to just a few in future, everybody who plays GT will be able to take advantage of it. @Famine did an excellent job of explaining how it can be used by everybody.

I agree. It will be very interesting, in the future.

But it appears that as usual, you haven't read what I wrote.

Right now, today, what can you use it for? Anything?

@hsv010 It is nice for PD to implement this feature and all but why does this have to make news like its of benefit to alot of users. Meanwhile the apex book, something I am willing to pay for is absent from my region two games in a row. But some 900 dollar stupidly exclusive peripheral available. I'm all for PD furthering their brand but really. E
DIT: Not even an ebook or pdf.

I agree. It will be very interesting, in the future.

But it appears that as usual, you haven't read what I wrote.

Right now, today, what can you use it for? Anything?
Implementation. Implementation.

@hsv010 How many times does Kaz have to say "in a future update" ? Sure good products take time but with laser scanned tracks and a close relationship with JP manufacturers Kaz could do this easy. Look at my sig. Two cars of high regard to alot of people, made by Toyota ironically enough, are still only semi-premium.

Oh how terrible, two cars you like aren't full premiums. How is it that them being Toyotas is ironic? And why are we getting into laser scanning tracks?

Oh how terrible, two cars you like aren't full premiums. How is it that them being Toyotas is ironic? And why are we getting into laser scanning tracks?

The laser scanned tracks mean that their track models are accurate. A close relationship with the JP manufacturers means the cars are accurate. So building a replay off of driving data however groundbreaking that seems is possible. Just use some math and eventually the system will be perfected.

But while he was at the Toyota dealership setting up the FR-S or whatever, he couldn't pick up a few pics of the Supra and AE86 interiors?

The game is dominantly full of Japanese cars even without the dupes and they can't get these two iconic cars right. Redirecting our attention at "ooh, it can model things accurately". Thats great. I'm already aware the game is top spec. But part of advancement is making things more usable.

The laser scanned tracks mean that their track models are accurate. A close relationship with the JP manufacturers means the cars are accurate. So building a replay off of driving data however groundbreaking that seems is possible. Just use some math and eventually the system will be perfected.

But while he was at the Toyota dealership setting up the FR-S or whatever, he couldn't pick up a few pics of the Supra and AE86 interiors?

The game is dominantly full of Japanese cars even without the dupes and they can't get these two iconic cars right. Redirecting our attention at "ooh, it can model things accurately". Thats great. I'm already aware the game is top spec. But part of advancement is making things more usable.
Erm, no, because he wanted to model other cars? Just because you like them doesn't mean PD have them at the top of their wish list.

I so disagree with this, reviewers should always be experts, people who really know what they talk about... not casuals
The reviewers are experts, in reviewing games, which is what the GT series is.

They are the best placed people to review it in regard to the majority of the buying audience of GT, and to be blunt they give GT some massive passes in regard to the physics, generally rating that side of the title far higher than it warrants (don't get me wrong GT6 moved on it that area, but the GT series is not the physics second coming that some 'casual' reviewers would have people believe, hell PS titles still get some areas better).

Now you seem to be implying that if the Metacritic score was only made up of sim racers scores that it would do better, personally I totally and utterly disagree. Not only does GT fall short in may of the key areas of a racing sim (no qualifying, telemetry is still poor, set-up option limited, etc.) but the physcis still fall short as well. Quite frankly I think it would do even worse if it were to be reviewed under pure sim criteria, by sim reviewers alone.

I work in the industry and its been over a decade since I've seen a picture of either in a dealership (and I've been in a few)

Erm, no, because he wanted to model other cars? Just because you like them doesn't mean PD have them at the top of their wish list.
What wish list? They determine what goes in. There is no wishing on their part. Number 2. The thread is about PD falling behind. Sure they don't have time to mosel all the cars. Not to many people are fans of the nose-cam or all black interiors so what does PD go and do? Model the interiors of race cars, popular cars and historically relevant cars. The hachi-roku and Supra fit into all 3 of these categories yet they aren't premium. A Suzuki swift(which I like btw) and futuristic F1 car makes the cut though.

How would you like it if they took the HSV-Weider out? Come to think of it... they don't even have a late model Civic either?

What wish list? They determine what goes in. There is no wishing on their part. Number 2. The thread is about PD falling behind. Sure they don't have time to mosel all the cars. Not to many people are fans of the nose-cam or all black interiors so what does PD go and do? Model the interiors of race cars, popular cars and historically relevant cars. The hachi-roku and Supra fit into all 3 of these categories yet they aren't premium. A Suzuki swift(which I like btw) and futuristic F1 car makes the cut though.

How would you like it if they took the HSV-Weider out? Come to think of it... they don't even have a late model Civic either?
No, they model the interiors of premium cars and cars that they feel are necessary to upgrade. They, not you.

Also, why would they take one race car out? That has nothing to do with anybody's argument. You're not making much sense at the minute really...

No, they model the interiors of premium cars and cars that they feel are necessary to upgrade. They, not you.

Also, why would they take one race car out? That has nothing to do with anybody's argument. You're not making much sense at the minute really...

Yes kind of like the Veyron that got changed over to premium in GT6 after no one complained about it. And I know you like the HSV. Like I asked you previously. Would you mind if they took that car? I mean if not modeling the car brought PD more time to work on the GPS logger and such, you would be totally for it right? I know the car is already in the game and it woulld be effortless to add it in GT7 but still...

Yes kind of like the Veyron that got changed over to premium in GT6 after no one complained about it. And I know you like the HSV. Like I asked you previously. Would you mind if they took that car? I mean if not modeling the car brought PD more time to work on the GPS logger and such, you would be totally for it right? I know the car is already in the game and it woulld be effortless to add it in GT7 but still...
None of that has any relation to the topic. It doesn't make any sense either.

Timescale. Timescale. Can you not accept that we've got more new things than 2 cars?

When I said "me", I was referring to me, me alone, and nobody else.

Here you replied to @Johnnypenso saying that two cars was a significant advancement.

None of that has any relation to the topic. It doesn't make any sense either.
The topic is whether or not GT6 is falling behind and if it has reached its peak.

My question to you was would you prefer content be taken out of the game at the gain of a feature that less than 1000 of the GT6 owners out the couple million will benefit from ? Such as the HSV being taken out to make room for improvements(GPS and Data Logger).

And above I'm asking you about whether you see it fit to strip features or cars out of the game for something few of us can use as opposed to something like an all premium Supra, one thing many, many users have asked for.

And in a previous post I stated that PD has a habit of making certain types of cars premium.

Who's said about taking content out of the game? When have PD ever done that? Why is that to do with GT reaching its peak?

Implementation. Implementation.

And you still aren't reading what I wrote.

It does need to be implemented before it can be used, yes.
It also needs the rest of the equation, a car that can provide the data. Without that it's about as useful as tits on a bull.

Right now, today, the feature is not of use. It is useless.

It's great that they worked on it, and I expect it to be of use in the future, but right now it's slightly less useful than giving an electric hairdryer to Julius Caesar. At least he could have used it for whacking people in grand comedic fashion. In the near future, it would become useful, once electricity was discovered, but at the time it would have been a novelty at best.

Implementing the feature in and of itself has no value at all, until it can be used. A television is great technology, but if there's nothing to watch on it then it's just a big box.

How aren't you able to realise that it's useless because it's just been implemented?

When the internet was invented, we didn't have every known shop and service with a fully fledged website, did we? It's because it took time. Nothing peaks its use on day one. Not one thing in the world.

You accuse me of not reading your posts, when in fact i'm giving you a perfectly legible answer each time. But you still ignore that.

EDIT - Just realised that in all this bickering, we're putting across exactly the same point. No wonder arguing with each other was going nowhere.

Last edited:
Where is B-Spec? My overall point was that PD only do so much just to stay afloat and put achievements on the box. Yet, in the process they ignore small, sometimes easy solutions to fix problems with their game. How can they reach their peak without improving in areas that matter ?
Like I said I'm not against PD doing what they need to in order to gain support from Sony and the likes. Its good. But when NFS let alone Forza is catching you in terms of features its time to stop resting.

Where is B-Spec? My overall point was that PD only do so much just to stay afloat and put achievements on the box. Yet, in the process they ignore small, sometimes easy solutions to fix problems with their game. How can they reach their peak without improving in areas that matter ?
Like I said I'm not against PD doing what they need to in order to gain support from Sony and the likes. Its good. But when NFS let alone Forza is catching you in terms of features its time to stop resting.
I understand your point now. I was getting confused by taking out one car.

Wow, you're still going in this thread? The extremely simple point is that right now the feature is useless. It may become useful in the future but for now, it's useless. PD probably only added it now to flesh out the update list and make it seem like they've added more for players, otherwise they could have hidden it until it was usable like they did with GT Academy.

Wow, you're still going in this thread? The extremely simple point is that right now the feature is useless. It may become useful in the future but for now, it's useless. PD probably only added it now to flesh out the update list and make it seem like they've added more for players, otherwise they could have hidden it until it was usable like they did with GT Academy.
Yep, i'm still saying things because the thread's still active.

And why, thanks for telling me something i've literally just posted above you:

How aren't you able to realise that it's useless because it's just been implemented?

Back